Hi ,
It looks like you're using an ad blocker, which is understandable if you don't like ads. Who does really? However, our site is free for you to use because of a mixture of adverts and voluntary donations from users. Please consider enabling ads for our website, or making a voluntary donation.
Thanks,
Ian Williams - Fetcheveryone

Long Distance Walking

14 watchers

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.
12 Feb
10:27am, 12 Feb 2019
29222 posts
Derby Tup
I’ve never done a long distance footpath and I’ve no idea why! The rhythm of walking everyday calling in pubs or cafes and seeing new places plus nattering to other walkers sounds brilliant

We did a decent chunk of the Dales Way over a long weekend and will have to do the whole thing ASAP
12 Feb
11:04am, 12 Feb 2019
906 posts
meadowsboy
I have had knee issues for a few months now, so i think more walking is my next challenge

So far 10 or so miles is what I've done several times ,the Thames path from Oxford to radley was nice & i love canals.
12 Feb
11:07am, 12 Feb 2019
29224 posts
Derby Tup
I do some fishing (ultra light lure fishing if anyone’s interested) and love canals. They fascinate me. Again great for long walks (or plodding runs)
12 Feb
11:12am, 12 Feb 2019
5 posts
Generation X
I walked the Pennine Way over three weeks back in 1992. I'm planning to do Offa's Dyke this Easter.

I have some longer walks on my bucket list, but that's another story!
12 Feb
11:20am, 12 Feb 2019
110669 posts
GregP
Walking guidebooks are wonderful things.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Anyone else here ever do long distance walking or hiking? I'm training for a half marathon, I d...