When in Rome . . .

2 watchers
Mar 2017
1:46pm, 23 Mar 2017
12,823 posts
  •  
mulbs
I'll have to make sure I'm wide awake! I should be able to get a coffee, right? ;-)
Feb 2021
4:11pm, 13 Feb 2021
26 posts
  •  
folkieboater
Beware of “taxis” at the airport if you are flying in. We got one, there was a group of 4 of us. It waited for another 2 people 🤷‍♀️ It then proceeded to take them to their destination first. Not a problem. Other than they wanted the city centre and we only wanted a couple of miles from the airport 😡
Feb 2021
5:56am, 15 Feb 2021
434 posts
  •  
Grumpypants
We enjoyed Rome but it is absolutely lousy with graffiti. The underground is dismal and dangerous. I had my wallet lifted while boarding a train. Worth seeing the inside of the coliseum and the museums at the Vatican.
Feb 2021
6:30am, 15 Feb 2021
2,159 posts
  •  
Paul N
Ah Roma! We were married in Rome, we'd go back every year pre kids.

Generally just enjoyed eating, drinking and wandering. Dinner with the priest that married us was an annual highlight.

Touristy wise. Vatican catacombs, Castel Sant Angelo and this - eatingeurope.com - food tour I would all do again.

We'd always go the second week in December for out anniversary, weather was always sunny autumnal, and the Christmas lights would be up. I miss Rome!
Feb 2021
1:21pm, 16 Feb 2021
13,932 posts
  •  
mulbs
When we arrived in 2017 the city was lcoked down for a riot, tanks everywhere and shops boarded up for 24 hours, we were only there for a weekend lol!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by mulbs
what should I be sure to see/do?