Hi ,
It looks like you're using an ad blocker, which is understandable if you don't like ads. Who does really?
However, our site is free for you to use because of a mixture of adverts and voluntary donations from users.
Please consider enabling ads for our website, or making a voluntary donation.
Thanks,
Ian Williams - Fetcheveryone

Not entirely mundane thread

38 watchers

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.
11 Nov
8:58am, 11 Nov 2018
36548 posts
McGoohan
George Formby grill - makes great ukuleles
11 Nov
9:37am, 11 Nov 2018
31883 posts
Diogenes
I had one earlier, it turned out nice again
11 Nov
1:56pm, 11 Nov 2018
16929 posts
Dvorak
(groan)

George grill was fine but its replacement has too heavy a top plate, resulting in somewhat squashed toasties (and indeed most things - it does have a floating hinge top but there is insufficient radiant heat).

Not had a proper Breville for years - there is a machine in the cupboard.
11 Nov
2:41pm, 11 Nov 2018
1617 posts
TomahawkMike
Walked into the pharmacy in the covered out-of-town shopping centre. Walked out and suddenly stopped. Something was wrong. It was empty and quiet. Then I realised it wasn't empty and there were people everywhere I looked but they were totally still. And silent. I realised that asda had just announced the 2 minute silence. I stayed in place and thought what a respectful bunch of people live in my town.
11 Nov
7:59pm, 11 Nov 2018
14884 posts
northernslowcoach
Nick Bullock just followed me on Twitter
12 Nov
1:41pm, 12 Nov 2018
31924 posts
Diogenes
I found out today that I can get superfast fibre broadband from BT where I live. I'm just about to phone Sky and tell them the good news too. There's a good chance we could join the 21st century before the end of the year.
12 Nov
1:54pm, 12 Nov 2018
31925 posts
Diogenes
Sky have detected my previous comment and denied me access to their contact details.
12 Nov
2:26pm, 12 Nov 2018
9458 posts
Garfield
I'm evaluating my Virgin TV subscription with a view to ditching it in favour of subscribing to Amazon Prime and using BBC iPlayer. I don't watch 90% of the channels that we get on Virgin. It's like Canada - zillions of channels but absolutely nothing worth watching! I'll keep the broadband and phone (which we rarely use either).
12 Nov
4:01pm, 12 Nov 2018
24492 posts
LazyDaisy
We really only pay for Sky so OH can watch Eurosport on Sky Go when we're at the seaside house where we don't have Sky.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

The mundane thread is one of the most popular on fetch. The exciting thread, not so much. I figure t...