Zwifters

69 watchers
7 Mar
11:31am, 7 Mar 2024
81,090 posts
  •  
Gobi
and you're back

I did the 2nd Zwift Games event this morning and came 4th in an 18 people charge for the line. Ironically beat the guy who beat me in Race 1 where I was 2nd.

Same as before the A cat in me has no issue staying in and as we rode Titans grove I did enough to stay with the leaders but no more. About 2/3 kms from the end a couple went off the front and I rode the group back to ensure a bunch sprint. I still can't sprint really but this is how you practice.

On reflection I should have probably kicked and attempted to bridge alone but I want to win a bunch sprint !!!!

The interesting bit here is this: 20 min/5 min power, I am obviously riding below what I did at my peak. Otherwise I'd have been A cat pinged again.

However, even though I have done 261 races my Minute/30sec power is making it onto page 1 of my race list ( ie. Top 50 efforts) Not at the top but interesting all the same.
7 Mar
3:11pm, 7 Mar 2024
48 posts
  •  
Foppotee
Nice racing Gobi. I'll want a couple of weeks riding before I brave a race. My last of 82 races was June 2022. My only current peak attribute is my weight!

At least I should be ok to genuinely ride in the B cat.
7 Mar
4:54pm, 7 Mar 2024
81,094 posts
  •  
Gobi
see you in a race soon then :¬)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dowse
For Zwifters to organise rides, discuss races and celebrate our virtual cycling world like the nerds...