Fat loser

7 watchers
Aug 2016
9:12pm, 16 Aug 2016
11,534 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Get yourself a Fitbit or garmin vivofit (love mine!) then join bounts for free and make those steps = points = free vouchers!
Aug 2016
9:18pm, 16 Aug 2016
11,630 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
That's an issue, Fleecy - weekends are invariably spent barely leaving the flat (it's not agoraphobia if you aren't afraid, right?) I find that after a week of work I am just so tired, too.

I have thought about activities to do though to challenge my idleness - there's a trampoline place across town which sounds fun, although I wonder if it's just for kids. There's also the money issue of course.
Aug 2016
9:23pm, 16 Aug 2016
34,313 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Have a look at this organisation.

spiceuk.com

I was a member a while ago and had some fantastic weekends away doing new activities.
Aug 2016
9:25pm, 16 Aug 2016
12,940 posts
  •  
jennywren
I'm glad you're looking for some changes to make Jamie, I've been a bit worried about you (in my mother hen mode here) Some good suggestions above. Is the sweatshop running community too competitive still? I know you used to go to that
Aug 2016
9:35pm, 16 Aug 2016
11,631 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Don't be worried about me! I'm fine, just maybe a bit directionless...

Unfortunately I will have nothing to do with SRC now. Sweatshop seem to be in a bit of a race to the bottom now - the Arndale store has looked like a Sports Direct for ages now, and the attitude of the high up managers tells a story. And yeah, group running would end up being competitive - it's just in my nature :(

Off for a walk now. Taking the housemate out for a bit of it too. Two fat losers wobbling along together...
Aug 2016
9:50pm, 16 Aug 2016
6,799 posts
  •  
lammo
I've just burnt off a load of calories watching the cycling, few more to go yet too :-)
Aug 2016
9:54pm, 16 Aug 2016
3,694 posts
  •  
Wobbling
JK - I worked for Sweatshop very briefly in 2013. They're partly owned by sports Direct and they are indeed a terrible company.
Aug 2016
6:30am, 17 Aug 2016
29,618 posts
  •  
NoFleecingAround
JK: the trampoline place near us does fitness classes for adults, they are fab. And there are plenty of adults there too for normal sessions.
Not leaving the house all weekend won't do wonders for either the flab or your mental health. Spice is a good idea, or there are stacks of groups on Meetup.com, check them out and try a new activity :)
Aug 2016
9:15pm, 18 Aug 2016
11,652 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Whilst I'm hugely skeptical of this 'I am Team GB' stuff, I've registered my interest in the local Taekwon-Do taster session. I'll feel a bit of a fraud though, as I trained for two years whilst at uni (back when I was a skinny little pisshead)

I was disappointed not to see an archery event. I'd like to shoot some stuff ;)

In other news, walking is going well. The eczema on my back is not enjoying the temperature though, so many walks are waiting until dusk - which brings in the added 'scary youths loitering' risks...

And trampolining is going to have to wait now until September. Just sunk all my money into a holiday :)
Aug 2016
3:14pm, 22 Aug 2016
6,828 posts
  •  
lammo
How was the weekend JK?

Full of outdoor exercise?

You should try stalking the GB cyclists, on foot...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by JamieKai *chameleon*
Hello,

I've turned into a bit of a fat loser (I mean, I was always a loser, but now I'm heavier...