Can i run myself thin?

3 watchers
Jan 2020
12:02pm, 7 Jan 2020
68,320 posts
  •  
Gobi
Logically yes you can as it comes down to calories in and out but most of the problems are stated here

EAT the same and run loads and weight drops but reality is you will eat more and more over drink more hence weight does not drop

There is a level of monitoring that is needed and is beyond most people
Jan 2020
12:27pm, 7 Jan 2020
1,234 posts
  •  
old mum
Having lost nearly 7 stone in 18 months, I can honestly say there are better things to be than thin.

I get why you might want to be a bit more comfortable though. Portion control in conjunction with your running should sort you out. But as V’rap says - and you should always pay heed to the raptor - is there something going on to trigger your eating? (Assuming you are actually eating to the extent you think).
Jan 2020
12:33pm, 7 Jan 2020
25,220 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
If you have a bad diet, and then yu start running more, you will just have a bigger bad diet, by all means run, you will be healthier, but have at look at what you are eating and drinking.
Jan 2020
1:22pm, 7 Jan 2020
68,321 posts
  •  
Gobi
WS - my diet is worse when not training but I am no saint at any point.
Jan 2020
10:19am, 9 Jan 2020
10,007 posts
  •  
lammo
Thanks for the bump Greg :-)

To sum up the gap in posts, I got heavier still, and am now lighter than I was, this is all down to controlling more carefully what I eat, volumes of exercise that I can achieve in normal day to day don't seem to have any real affect on my weight.

Thanks for all the input from everybody else too
Jan 2020
10:28am, 9 Jan 2020
10,686 posts
  •  
MazH
I went to your gallery to see what a fatty you were, there is no pictorial evidence, so I still wager you're not actually as bad as you think, but it's all relative to how you feel.

the more you run the more you will want to eat, so you need to create a deficit.... but you know this.

To monitor calories in vs calories out at it's simplest, try myfitnesspal for basics ins and outs, if managing nutritional macros is beyond your will/desire.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by lammo
It seems i am almost unable to control my eating at the moment (for some time if i'm honest) and i...