Garmin 210 cable issue? (Same as 110??)

1 watcher
Jun 2016
5:25pm, 20 Jun 2016
4,262 posts
  •  
Winded
I have a garmin 210. It is fine but every time I try to sync it after a run the cable takes a few attempts to communicate with my computer. I have to unclip it and clip it on again.

Twice I have left it charging and when I go to use it it has run out of power because the cable is not engaged properly - maybe it got knocked.

So I was wondering; is this just that mine came with a dodgy cable/clip/chargingthingy or is this common with the 110 and 210? I know replacement cables are not very expensive but on the other hand the wireless sync does sound attractive and eventually I might upgrade.
Jun 2016
5:36pm, 20 Jun 2016
18,412 posts
  •  
alpenrose
I always fiddle with mine and whenever I move it or put it down I check that it's still charging.
Sometimes when the computer won't recognise it, I plug it into the wall for a short time then back into the computer and it seems to work then. I also delete the memory from time to time and things seem to move along quicker then.
Jun 2016
5:41pm, 20 Jun 2016
4,263 posts
  •  
Winded
Yes, but I could upgrade to one with wifi - or one with a cable that actually works. Or get a replacement cable?
Jun 2016
5:43pm, 20 Jun 2016
7,464 posts
  •  
Badger
The cable design is an absolute disaster. I used to attach the cable to the watch, make absolutely sure it was clipped on exactly right, and only then attach it to the computer, being very careful not to jog the watch at all in the process. Even then, from time to time it would lock up because the comms were lost at a crucial moment. I lost count of the number of times I had to factory reset it to get it to respond (but clearly remember the freezing February evening when I decided it had to go after not locking satellites after 20 minutes of faffing around). A shame, as it's a decent watch otherwise.
Jun 2016
5:58pm, 20 Jun 2016
4,264 posts
  •  
Winded
That's what I do except having made sure it is connected it somehow manages not to be connected. I've had it years and have no reason to change it because it *works* - it is just very annoying.
Jun 2016
9:15pm, 20 Jun 2016
1,733 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
One thing that Garmin suggests is pull out the USB, hold the power and enter buttons down as you plug it back in, then let go. (I'll try and find the Garmin website link). I have immense trouble getting mine to talk to my PC lately, but as it's a 305 Garmin no longer officially support it.
Jun 2016
9:48pm, 20 Jun 2016
4,266 posts
  •  
Winded
I have a garmin swim. I come in and hold it near my computer (or at least the ant+usb thingy) and it just does it. The contrast and the hassle factor is remarkable for something that only really takes a few seconds.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Winded
I have a garmin 210. It is fine but every time I try to sync it after a run the cable takes a few a...