Shoes that fall to bits ... warning Trailroc 245s

3 watchers
May 2016
12:43pm, 3 May 2016
25,602 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
My Inov-8 X-talon 212 have done nearly 1,100 miles and still going fine on the upper (the grips are gone, nearly slick, but that's to be expected). I wonder how the 190 is so different, but it obviously must be.

Never fancied the Trailrocs much and didn't get on with the Roclites. Used to love the Mudclaws. And I have had 6 pairs of F-lites, 190, 230 etc. and they all did 800-1,00 miles. I think Inov-8 are great! :-) G
May 2016
12:44pm, 3 May 2016
25,603 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
800 - 1,200 miles, that should read. Mostly tarmac and light trail though for the F-lites. :-) G
drj
May 2016
1:54pm, 3 May 2016
16 posts
  •  
drj
I have always wanted to love Inov8s (feel as they are the natural successor to Walsh's as shoes for the Brit hills). But ... try them every 2 or 3 years and never quite come up to my expectations ..... Too much "design creativity" and not enough down to earth practicality? Will try them again in a couple of years ;-)
May 2016
2:13pm, 3 May 2016
25,607 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Most of my shoes used to go through on the little toe and/or at the "bend point" on the outside of the shoe (sort of the same place with my foot shape).

But that effectively happened for almost all shoe types and I've had everything from "normal" cushioned trail shoes (Saucony Omni Trail) through lighter, more "minimal" like the F-lites (or Roclite 285, which were like F-lites and very different to the 315s) to the big daddy, the Hoka Rapa Nui (original and version 2).

And some random free ones in between - like the £25 More Miles trail shoes, that came with free socks!

And as they all go at same place, I assumed it was me, not the shoe make or model? :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by drj
Just sending some Inov8 Trailroc 245s back for hopefully a credit/refund. Both shoes ripped on outsi...