Bewl 15

2 watchers
Mar 2016
8:00pm, 7 Mar 2016
987 posts
  •  
GeneHunt59
I've entered the Bewl 15 in July. I've read conflicting reviews of the course. They all pretty much agree that after a downhill start it is basically flat for the next 10 miles. It is the last 5 miles where the reviews are conflicting - varying from 'no more than gentle undulations [Runners World description]' to 'then three hills which were hard work. After that it was I think OK until the final climb back to the start/ finish. Where I was (just below half-way) nearly everyone walked up part of the second hill and most walked up the final hill from the reservoir to the finish line' [competitor's review].

I'm interested in members experiences of the race on here. Thanks.
.B.
Mar 2016
9:13pm, 7 Mar 2016
21,998 posts
  •  
.B.
I love Bewl. I would say it is gently undulating for the first 10 miles, no real hills, just really pleasant trail around the reservoir. After about 10 miles you turn away from the reservoir and are on the road for a bit. I can't recall the detail, but there is definitely at least one steepish road climb in this section, and there is a climb back to the finish across a field and up a path. The final climb isn't as steep as that road climb, but it is a hill.

If it's dry it s perfect underfoot. Last year it rained really heavily just before and was a slippery mudfest. Still brilliant though.

It has a great atmosphere, nice medal, tech t-shirt, free tea and cakes after and free beer if you want it. Such a lovely atmosphere. Highly recommend it. :-)
Mar 2016
3:39pm, 9 Mar 2016
988 posts
  •  
GeneHunt59
Thanks .B. for the description. Most helpful. :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by GeneHunt59
I've entered the Bewl 15 in July. I've read conflicting reviews of the course. They all pretty muc...