Paying for FetchEveryone.com

82 watchers
Jun 2019
7:35pm, 2 Jun 2019
9,567 posts
  •  
NDWDave
I was looking through my watch list and this was the oldest thread. We’ve come a long way in 4 years...
Jun 2019
9:14am, 3 Jun 2019
31,627 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol Dave. And I'm a bit mortified to see that I was balking at paying 10 quid on page 1. :-O Even what I pay now is cheaper than that Stoova thing! :-) G
Jun 2019
9:56am, 3 Jun 2019
6,438 posts
  •  
Jono.
Fetch is well worth my 3 quid a month
Jun 2019
11:55am, 6 Jun 2019
28,401 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Just saw the lanyard suggestion a couple of pages back. I would support a red "FETCH" silicon wristband if Lord Fetch thinks it is worth getting a batch made up. Would it be a way to add a bit to the Fetch coffers?

The reasoning for this is that it would be an item that could be worn at events and while running. I enter quite a few races where there are other Fetchies running and I don't know how to find them unless they are wearing a Fetch vest. I don't wear a Fetch vest, as I usually race in my "non-Fetch" running club vest. A wristband could be a really good identifier worn by Fetchies who are willing to be recognised!

Anyway, I've put this into the suggestion box, so if you think it's a good idea, please go and vote "yes"!
Jun 2019
1:20pm, 7 Jun 2019
2,112 posts
  •  
Elsie Too
Would be even better if it had an ICE contact on it like the park run one does?
Jun 2019
2:12pm, 7 Jun 2019
14,751 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
...and the parkrun barcode as well would be useful
Jun 2019
2:48pm, 7 Jun 2019
28,410 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
I was thinking a relatively inexpensive (but high quality!) standard wristband which might be a bit of a fundraiser.

These are great ideas, but I don't really know what the implications are in terms of the cost of making tailored/individual wristbands and whether Lord Fetch would assess that the take-up among us all would be high enough to make personalisation financially viable.

I have messaged him about this and will report back - although he may well choose to do so first!
Jun 2019
3:42pm, 7 Jun 2019
6,442 posts
  •  
Jono.
like the idea of a Fetch ice wristband
Jun 2019
2:07pm, 10 Jun 2019
6,408 posts
  •  
The_Saint
I have one of these iceid.co.uk
Obviously Fetch branding might be a little challenging but the advantage to it is that if you have your Garmin (other watches are available), you have the ID
Jun 2019
4:49pm, 11 Jun 2019
6,452 posts
  •  
Jono.
ooohhhh doubling up.

mind you if that arm gets blown off, no one will know saint. Maybe we need 2 ice id's?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Here's the link to the subscription page, if you want to read the letter and find the options:

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/standing.php

If you want to pay directly, send me some feedback, and I can give you some bank details to do a direct transfer. (Errr, to be clear, the "me" in this sentence is Ian, Mr FetchEveryone, not me HappyG, who is just a muppet muppet :-) G )