Multiple activities in one TCX file

2 watchers
Apr 2015
4:46pm, 17 Apr 2015
15,935 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
If you put maybe a 20s sleep between uploads, it should definitely be fine.
Apr 2015
4:59pm, 17 Apr 2015
276 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I guess that can be handled in the python code ?!? Badger would appreciate any code you have and some brief instructions. If I get it to work I'm more than happy to write it up as an article for the wiki in case anyone else needs to do the same thing.

CW
Apr 2015
5:22pm, 17 Apr 2015
4,883 posts
  •  
Badger
sleep(20) :)
Sure. I'll get back to you this evening.

You will probably need to install python - I recommend Anaconda continuum.io and get some keys for the API from here http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=56636
I don't want to give out my keys because they're in plain text in the Python code and could be used against my account, or any account that's authorised them.
I started working on building the program as a Windows executable with the API keys hidden, I can't remember if I finished. If so, and if you're a Windows person, I could change two lines and let you have it ready to run.
Apr 2015
5:26pm, 17 Apr 2015
277 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Hi Badger,

yep, I'm Windows (7 - 64 bit). I found an installer here: https://www.python.org/downloads/, would that do? Look forward to hearing from you,

Cheers

CW
Apr 2015
5:30pm, 17 Apr 2015
4,884 posts
  •  
Badger
If you use Anaconda, it will preinstall a lot of packages like requests, which is what I used to make the API calls. If you use the python.org one, you'll have to install those by hand, which is a bit tedious if you only really want to run one program. (If you do go python.org, install 2.7.9, not 3.whatever). More later :)
Apr 2015
5:37pm, 17 Apr 2015
278 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Ah ok., understand, I'll go with your recommendation. I'll install now. I've got my API keys by the way,

CW
Apr 2015
12:24am, 18 Apr 2015
4,885 posts
  •  
Badger
OK, just so you know where I am: I've pulled my own keys and uid out of the file that contains these, and put in notes to tell you what to add, and added code to sleep for 20 seconds after each file if you are uploading more than 10.
I need to make another change - as it stands, it will only upload files timestamped on or after the day of your most recent activity, and I suspect you'll need this check turned off. I can just turn it off permanently but it seems a better idea to make it an option.

I can't guarantee you won't get duplicates - the FE API lets you see the hour of an activity, but not the exact time, so you can't check for exact duplicates without downloading close matches.
Apr 2015
7:05am, 18 Apr 2015
282 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Thanks. Duplicates won't be an issue as I know what activities I have left to upload and have all TCXs ready in a separate folder.

Thanks for your help

CW
Apr 2015
11:23am, 18 Apr 2015
4,886 posts
  •  
Badger
Right, that seems to be set. Can you fmail me a real email address so I can mail the files to you?
I'll be incommunicado from about 2 today till about the same time tomorrow, incidentally (gigging)
Apr 2015
10:19pm, 19 Apr 2015
289 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
By the way, if anyone stumbles across the thread, I've written up a procedure for bulk uploading and posted it on the wiki

HTH

CW

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by chunkywizard
Hi,

Has anyone successfully imported multiple activities in one TCX file into the website?

Ba...