Simply Electronics - do not be duped by them

2 watchers
Aug 2014
1:12pm, 16 Aug 2014
189 posts
  •  
westmoors
WARNING - do not purchase anything from Simply Electronics. Their website looks very much like a UK site, but if you dig deep enough you will find that it is registered in Hong Kong and trading under Hong Kong law. I'm sure many people have made successful purchases through them, but I am having a nightmare with them, and my trawls over the net shows I am not alone. Their customer service is the pits. Every query seems to be answered with variations of the same stock reply "Your concern has been passed to the relevant department. Once we have an update we will email you. Should you have any further queries please email again. Your patience and understanding are appreciated." Tickets are marked as closed as soon as a reply is made. I have tried to find out who the "relevant department" is and requested contact information, but they will only allow you to talk or email customer services.

So PLEASE do not use this company. Please SHARE this with everyone you know. I am not holding out much hope of ever seeing my money again, but if I prevent one other person for being duped by this company, it will be worth every penny.
Oct 2014
5:38pm, 14 Oct 2014
10,875 posts
  •  
Argie
What did you buy?
Oct 2014
6:41pm, 14 Oct 2014
211 posts
  •  
westmoors
I tried to buy a Garmin 620. It got lost in transit. Because they were trading under Hong Kong law, delivery to the courier is considered delivered. I couldn't get my money back until they had settled their dispute with the courier. It took me 8 weeks.
Oct 2014
8:01pm, 14 Oct 2014
10,876 posts
  •  
Argie
Ouch!
Oct 2014
9:28pm, 14 Oct 2014
212 posts
  •  
westmoors
Yes, hence the warning.
Oct 2014
10:20pm, 14 Oct 2014
10,878 posts
  •  
Argie
Perhaps it got mixed up with the democracy protests. Which is admirable. #longshot
Oct 2014
7:58am, 15 Oct 2014
213 posts
  •  
westmoors
Nice idea but the consignment was shipped from Holland. The courier tracking service showed it went missing in Birmingham.
Oct 2014
10:17am, 15 Oct 2014
10,879 posts
  •  
Argie
Democracy never really worked out in Birmingham.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by westmoors
WARNING - do not purchase anything from Simply Electronics. Their website looks very much like a UK...