An Update to Club Pages

6 watchers
Mar 2014
9:46pm, 20 Mar 2014
17,327 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
It looks good, but as an unaffiliated runner I like Bazo's idea.
Mar 2014
8:29am, 21 Mar 2014
4,369 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Fetch - so is that a "no"? I think that's a wrong decision - if it's just to avoid something that looks a bit ugly, then hide it behind a ''expand' button for example. I'm sure there are other neat designs that could solve the 'appearance' issue. Otherwise small clubs look like they have practically no-one in them, and big clubs are just dominated by faster runners.

This feels a little like the loss of information that happened when you re-jigged the 'Kit' a while back. Previously we could find who else ran in a given pair of shoes - handy to ask people for feedback. And also clicking on them to see what else they ran in. But then those lists all disappeared, and we're all in our own little silos now, shoe-wise.
Mar 2014
10:12am, 21 Mar 2014
14,137 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've put a member box back on now - it has pictures too.

Regarding kit, it was big admin task to keep adding the manufacturers and models to the list, and I was regularly being asked to expand it to enable people to record all sorts of stuff - bike tyres, titanium hip joints, etc. So I made a decision to give people the free text option. It's still possible to make some interesting listings, although there's definitely a bit more flotsam in the system (Asice,Ascis, Ascics, Aspics, Asiics, Asicic, Ascs, and Asda). When it comes to individual models, there's a whole world of variations.
Mar 2014
10:19am, 21 Mar 2014
4,374 posts
  •  
paul the builder
Oh, I get that the Kit thing had other complications. I just meant it 'feels' like that did - a loss of a little connection between users who had something in common.

Good stuff on the box of members. Expandable too to keep it neat. Lovely.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hello,

I've been doing some work today on club pages, to make a bit more of them.

The new ver...