Manchester AND London - silly or not?

2 watchers
Mar 2014
3:58pm, 16 Mar 2014
330 posts
  •  
buzby123
already got London, getting more and more scared about the logistics of it, would be much easier to run a comfortable pace with a friend. Would it be silly to target Manchester the week before as my 'race'? This year already done Malta (easy pace with said friend) on the 23rd Feb and Bolton Hill on 8th March. Feel recovered from last weeks efforts, no more long runs required, Wilmslow Half for next weekend and a 10K race the week after to hone in on the speed side of things. What are your thoughts on multi marathons close together?
Mar 2014
4:03pm, 16 Mar 2014
50,470 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
I would normally say, why not, but right now i am questioning my own sanity

:)
Seriously, thets the right way round to do them if you are going for a pb
I have pbed on my eightth in 11 consecutive weeks, but that strategyisnt the best one
Do Mank, do the tike you want and party at London
Mar 2014
4:16pm, 16 Mar 2014
17,312 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Quite late in the day to be changing training plans though, wont you now miss a week of taper?
Mar 2014
4:46pm, 16 Mar 2014
964 posts
  •  
Lorraine
I don't see why not. My 10km PB was set the week after my first marathon.
Mar 2014
6:17pm, 16 Mar 2014
331 posts
  •  
buzby123
not sure taper has ever been on the agenda, just keeping going. Tapered a little pre Malta which was 23rd Feb, that led nicely into a week of doing little then Bolton 2 weeks later. Last week I ran very little as calf muscles were tight, done a parkrun and a tempo run today. Club intervals tomorrow and a small run mid week prior to Wilmslow Half on Sunday and a 10K race the following Sunday which will then be followed by Manchester then London a week later. Running Malta at a comfortable speed made be realise they don't all need to be fast, just target a specific race every now and then and do the others for the tally.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by buzby123
already got London, getting more and more scared about the logistics of it, would be much easier to ...