Pain relief gels

1 watcher
Mar 2014
8:22pm, 7 Mar 2014
1,747 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
Had knee pain after today's run - eased considerably after icing and a hot shower, but had already left message for physio. I see him Tuesday, but meanwhile he has advised alternating hot & cold treatment, and then immediately apply Movelat gel.

I don't have any Movelat, but googled it, and the active ingredient is salycilic acid (aspirin)

I do have: Ketoprofen gel (about 4 years old), Deep Relief (ibuprofen and menthol - even older) and Voltarol pain-eze (Diclofenac diethyl ammonium - fairly recent)

Will any of them do - or do I need to get some Movelat tomorrow? I'm inclined to go with the Voltarol at the moment - I don't fancy menthol straight on skin which has just been repeatedly cooled and warmed!
Mar 2014
8:23pm, 7 Mar 2014
1,287 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
Sally says you might as well use butter...
Mar 2014
8:26pm, 7 Mar 2014
1,748 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
Oh, I've got some of that ;-)
Mar 2014
8:26pm, 7 Mar 2014
17,272 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I agree with Sally.
Mar 2014
8:32pm, 7 Mar 2014
1,749 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
Fair enough. The pain has virtually gone anyway.
Mar 2014
8:33pm, 7 Mar 2014
1,288 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
Lol well best put the butter to some other use... Bread n jam tastes better with it :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RevBarbaraG
Had knee pain after today's run - eased considerably after icing and a hot shower, but had already ...