VLM Fetchpoint 2014 – Team 3

18 watchers
Apr 2014
4:52pm, 15 Apr 2014
20 posts
  •  
SMS_Clarkey
Cheers IM. I'll leave it a couple of years before the next attempt or the wife will divorce me!!! ;)
Apr 2014
5:26pm, 15 Apr 2014
147 posts
  •  
Lordy Lumpkins
Thanks for sorting everything out IM and the others.

I was finding it really hard going by the time I got to you, hence trying to grab other people's stuff (!) as well as my own. Couldn't make Chandos as we were already booked on a late afternoon bus back to the west country, so had to head off to Hammersmith straight after I finished. However, (hopefully) there will be a next time, and I'll plan things so we can definitely stay for longer afterwards :-)
Apr 2014
5:43pm, 15 Apr 2014
10,542 posts
  •  
Jock Itch
Nice one Clarkey and Lordy :) you are marathoners :)
Apr 2014
6:30pm, 15 Apr 2014
157 posts
  •  
brandstifterin
My first fetchpoint proper and it was as great as the legends predicted.... :-)

I did stop for a minute or two, Ironmum but I completely forgot to ask for my goodies... ooops. Never mind. I did pinch a couple of orange slices and a lucozade - thank you :D

My family were a little bit further up and they could hear you all whooping and hollering
Apr 2014
6:42pm, 15 Apr 2014
4,630 posts
  •  
Iron_Mum
I didn't clock you at all brandstiferin, so sorry! Still, you got some Fetch love and I bet the orange was v welcome :-)
LordyL - I felt dreadful snatching that banana back from you, so sorry! Next time I must make sure I have only one person's supplies in my hands at any one time! Hope you enjoyed your hula hoops and vodka and orange - I was quite disappointed you turned up tbh as I had my eye on that.... ;-)

I suppose I'd better write a blog at some point, hadn't I?
Apr 2014
6:57pm, 15 Apr 2014
159 posts
  •  
brandstifterin
Indeed, the orange and Fetch love more than made up for it :-)
Apr 2014
7:53pm, 15 Apr 2014
149 posts
  •  
Lordy Lumpkins
No worries IM (I remember going for someone's coke bottle as well, so just as well you snatched things back!). The crisps and vodka went down a treat thanks :-)

I've invested in a Fetch running top now, so next time I shall be easier to spot. Thanks again Team 3 :-)
Apr 2014
8:18pm, 15 Apr 2014
4,631 posts
  •  
Iron_Mum
Good call! And you'll meet random Fetchies at every race from now on, as a bonus :-)

Finally blogged. It's ridiculously long but also ridiculously compressed. That was a lot of day.
Apr 2014
8:39pm, 15 Apr 2014
4,567 posts
  •  
Garfield
Ah yes, you were the one that went for Debart's diet coke! Sorry we had to snatch it back...debs would have been very disappointed!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by kwala
I've updated the article with some possibly useful info for runners http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=514