Turbo Training

3 watchers
Feb 2014
12:46pm, 7 Feb 2014
12,983 posts
  •  
Chromey
Essentially, I want my fitness back. Been out for five months due to injury and have only used my bike for commuting.
Feb 2014
1:13pm, 7 Feb 2014
6,195 posts
  •  
simbil
That sucks, GWS.

I'd use commuting for base miles and try and do a longer easy paced ride at the weekend (on turbo or outside), building up to 4 hours or more depending on what kind of events you go for.

If you are used to training 5-6 days a week with some quality thrown in, you should be OK to throw in a tempo session on the turbo one day and an interval on another.

30-40 mins each, intervals like velo mentioned last page.

Tempo/threshold session take a bit of getting used to as they can vary in frequency, length and intensity; serveal 90-95% three minutes efforts to a handful of 10-20-minute efforts at 80-85% effort with good recoveries inbetween. You can get scientific and estimate your threshold HR through a test session to make the efforts more accurate.

I'm not a coach, but this is the kind of thing some of my training buddies do to very good effect :)
Feb 2014
1:20pm, 7 Feb 2014
3,409 posts
  •  
Battlecat
3 darts, 1 dart board.

Dart 1 = seconds effort
Dart 2 = seconds recovery
Dart 3 = number of reps

TURBO DARTS!!!

Or do something sensible instead. I quite like pyramids
Feb 2014
6:49pm, 8 Feb 2014
12,984 posts
  •  
Chromey
Did the pyramids.

Don't ever let me do that again!

Especially the part where I didn't tightening the bike in properly and it fell out of the trainer. With me still on it. Mid sprint.
Feb 2014
6:49pm, 8 Feb 2014
12,985 posts
  •  
Chromey
Tighten

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chromey
Want to dust off the turbo trainer now that I have the room.

Can anyone recommend some turbo sess...