Hi ,
It looks like you're using an ad blocker. I understand. No-one likes ads.

But our site costs money to operate, and I need to eat.

Please consider enabling ads for our website, or making a voluntary donation. If you donate, I can turn off the ads for you for a period of time. Average donations are about £3.50 per month, so a tenner would give you three months ad free.

Here's a link to our donation info.

Thanks,
Ian Williams aka Fetch

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Inaugural parkruns

2 lurkers | 280 watchers
Dec 2018
9:39pm, 17 Dec 2018
1271 posts
Heinzster
I hope you didn't type it all the second time! My son did his gap year there 2016-17. We are going to meet up with some of his friends and colleagues for a few days. They were amazingly kind to him so we are looking forward to meeting them! It looks a beautiful area.
Dec 2018
5:32pm, 18 Dec 2018
1907 posts
monsenb1
Haha just a quick double click.
I loved my time there, 1 hour to lake constance and the Alps, not much longer to Munich, has the Danube running through it..and now parkrun too! One day I will go back and run the marathon there (Einstein marathon) and the parkrun..
Dec 2018
1:28pm, 28 Dec 2018
266 posts
multiterrainer
Frickley Country parkrun (West Yorkshire) starts 5 January: parkrun.org.uk
5 Jan
7:16pm, 5 Jan 2019
267 posts
multiterrainer
Anyone in the Yeadon/Guiseley/Aireborough areas (NW of Leeds) may be interested in this volunteers group looking at a Nunroyd parkrun. facebook.com
6 Jan
6:40pm, 6 Jan 2019
10 posts
Bishop of Babel
The Pastures parkrun starts 12th January up in beautiful Northumberland parkrun.org.uk
6 Jan
7:23pm, 6 Jan 2019
1893 posts
Nutso Lazytoad!
Bishop oooooh that one will be on my list for later in the year
rhb
6 Jan
8:07pm, 6 Jan 2019
1204 posts
rhb
Peel Park Parkrun (Salford) is after volunteers if anyone here is local & looking to get involved.
6 Jan
10:04pm, 6 Jan 2019
8 posts
cat_gutts
Excellent news rhb! I thought this one might have fizzled out. Salford council tweeted in Jan 2017 that it was starting in April.... 2017.
7 Jan
1:35pm, 7 Jan 2019
4067 posts
WildeRover
Forestry England have put out a FB call for volunteers for a new parkrun at Mallards Pike Lake (Forest of Dean).

Much more in the middle of the forest than the current ones. Plenty of forestry road around there if they choose to do a route that way. Plenty of trails if they go a little muckier. And plenty of elevation if they choose to use it.
7 Jan
8:50pm, 7 Jan 2019
17059 posts
Dvorak
Potential Drumpellier parkrun (Coatbridge, Scotland) looking for interested parties for a core team. Nice park with a lot of fairly flat woodland trails and a loch.

About This Thread

Maintained by sLickster
There may be an inaugural parkrun happening near you. Best to check with the local parkrun volunteers to see if they want you to know about it or not.

Otherwise there are plenty of already established parkruns to go to in the UK and abroad, see: parkrun.org.uk