RideLondon100 2014

21 watchers
Mar 2015
10:47am, 4 Mar 2015
553 posts
  •  
tiamo69
Hi Everyone...
rumours of my death have been great exaggerated...
apologies for not being around for on Fetch for Months!
still suffering post Redundancy Blues and just doing casual work, while I sort out what I really want to do with my life!

In a bigger shock than Aston Villa actually winning last night!
I got accepted at my 3rd attempt in the Ballot!!!

sure it's a purely coincidence but this has been my application process for past 3 Ballots:
Inaugural Ride - Applied within 1st 2wks of Ballot Opening - Unsuccessful (Rode for MacMillan)
2014 Ballot - Applied within 1st 2mins of Ballot Opening - Unsuccessful (Rode for LCC)
2015 Ballot - totally forgot about Registering (due to where my head is at) Applied within Last 2 Wks of Registration - Successful!!!

it's a funny old world!

Now, during my long absence, did anyone do a 2015 Thread???
Mar 2015
11:10am, 4 Mar 2015
554 posts
  •  
tiamo69
regarding the actual 2014 Ride... well you couldn't have planned for the same ride, to be more different, than the inaugural ride!

All we needed was a long cobbled section & it would have been 2014 TdF Roubaix Part Deux!

started of with clear sky & sunshine & then, straight into a curtain of sheet rain, with water way above pedal height, in a matter of minutes!

After seeing people struggle with Leigh Hill & Box Hill in 2014's perfect conditions; pulling the hills was 100% the right thing to do! with the vast mix of abilities, those descents would have been catastrophic!

TBH, it felt tougher without the hills, due to strength sapping rain & constant flooding + 90% of riders were sensibly riding slower...

did see 1 muppet (thankfully just behind me) come down hard before we'd even left London, on a tight left hand band. They took bend way to fast for conditions & the ridiculously loud screech made me turn to check (their slide was nicely caught by helmet cam) - looked like just a 'pride' fall & thankfully, they didn't take anyone else out.

I did actually spend time speaking & laughing with fellow riders & we all seemed to be wet but highly amused by the surreal situation we were in...'Mad Dogs & Englishmen' were everywhere!

anyway, here's to having Snow & Hail in August, for this year's ride!!!
Mar 2015
6:27pm, 4 Mar 2015
1,569 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=57304

Hope that works for the link to 2015

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by tiamo69
Site for Fetchies Doing / hoping to do the Second RideLondon100 on Sunday 10th August 2014

Group ...

15,883 amateur cyclists finished the Inaugural RideLondon-Surrey 100 - will you be one of the Finishers in 2014...???

Online ballot for places in next year’s Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 will open on Monday 12 August 2013.
It will close on 6 January 2014 or when 80,000 registrations have been received – whichever is earlier.