Garmin heart rate zones

1 watcher
Aug 2013
4:00pm, 3 Aug 2013
1,050 posts
  •  
Gaubfar
Hi all, just bought a forerunner 210 with hrm and have set up the wife's hr zones, but how does she actually use them when training?? I.e. zone 4 is threshold does she have to set up the session first??
Aug 2013
9:51am, 4 Aug 2013
1,314 posts
  •  
Old Man
Back to AP and get MC on the case!! HH may know when she gets back from holiday as she pre programmes her 205 with her proposed session before doing it
Aug 2013
2:34pm, 4 Aug 2013
213 posts
  •  
Plodder54
Will watch this thread with interest, as I've also just bought a forerunner 210 and I've also got to set my heart zones up .
Aug 2013
1:10pm, 7 Aug 2013
First-time poster!!
  •  
kpeel87
Gav in the training screen there is an option to do heart rate workouts, select which zone you want, and then either a distance or time to run to, then select do workout. This is on the 410 though, the 210 might be different.

There only seems to be the option for having one heart rate zone per workout though, I presume if you create your own workout on Garmin Connect you could set progressive workouts and do set time or distance intervals at specific zones which vary throughout the session, then load this workout onto the watch, and it should appear in the advanced training menus on the watch.
Aug 2013
1:10pm, 7 Aug 2013
2 posts
  •  
kpeel87
Oops didn't see the date on this, I guess you've already worked it out.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Gaubfar
Hi all, just bought a forerunner 210 with hrm and have set up the wife's hr zones, but how does she...