Underactive Thyroid or Hypothyroidism

24 watchers
Sep 2020
7:31am, 26 Sep 2020
3,421 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Cuddy - that was my initial experience with my TSH. The GP I had at the time actually diagnosed me with CFS but fortunately referred me to the clinic at the hospital where the doctor there said 'you don't have CFS you need more thyroxine' - I knew that! She wrote to my GP who agreed to increase my dose but I could have done without the intervening few months. Treating people according to how they feel rather than the numbers fortunately appears to be more usual now. Is it worth trying a different GP? When you are having B12 injections the number will always be high when you have your blood tested. I don't tolerate iron supplements well either - have just been prescribed ferrous fumarate by the consultant investigating my low Transferrin saturation after I told him that so will try but I'm not hopeful.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Hi all, I have just been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and I was wondering if there are any ...