Rother Valley Parkrun (Sheffield/Rotherham)

4 watchers
Apr 2013
11:24am, 25 Apr 2013
5,750 posts
  •  
Sombrero
Hello.

I have heard that a parkrun will be starting at Rother Valley in the next few weeks.

Saturday mornings are good for me, so I'll hopefully get along a fair bit and be able to help out too.

Anyone else looking to come along?

This is where Rother Valley is: rothervalleycountrypark.co.uk

Facebook page (not a lot happening at the moment!): facebook.com
Apr 2013
5:59pm, 26 Apr 2013
5,765 posts
  •  
Sombrero
A boing for those that work during the day.

Onions.

Cheesy peas.
May 2013
1:05am, 7 May 2013
266 posts
  •  
Craig_
Hi Sombrero - I'll be coming along to this at some point. I've just registered and my plan is to do the local routes over the next few months - Rother Valley, Graves Park, Sheffield Hallam (Endcliffe Park), Hillsborough Park, Concord Park & Rotherham (Clifton Park).

I'm also having a look at Round Rotherham for later in the year - I'll drop you a Fmail before Rother Valley and come and say hello if your about...
May 2013
7:35pm, 7 May 2013
5,825 posts
  •  
Sombrero
Hi Craig. Sounds good - I've done Encliffe Park and Concord before, and have ran a different race at Graves Park....none of which are flat. Not sure if you know Rother Valley well but it's pretty flat so should be a good one.

Give me a shout and I'll look out for you. :-) Oh, and I've done the first 30 miles of RRR50 so give me a shout if you want any tips etc.
May 2013
9:23pm, 7 May 2013
272 posts
  •  
Craig_
Cool - I'll let you know Sombrero. I think I'm going to do Hillsborough first (this Saturday) as it's the most local and where my running club is based - then pick off the others one by one.

And I'm currently recceing bits of the route for RRR50 - seems okay, some nice bits - but the weather could make it interesting...
Jun 2013
11:23pm, 11 Jun 2013
6,093 posts
  •  
Sombrero
Cheeky little boing for the Rother Valley parkrun. I'll be helping out on Saturday and racing the week after.
Jun 2013
11:34pm, 11 Jun 2013
551 posts
  •  
Craig_
Hey Sombrero - I ran the Rother Valley course a couple of weeks ago on a sunday just for fun - it's an amazing course and seems like a fast one..! I need to get my 5k time a little closer to 20 mins then I'll pop down for a lap..! :)

+ my RR trainings coming along nicely. I've recce'd most of the first half - glad I did as there's far too many chances of getting lost. I'm going to start checking out the second half over the next month then try and start to link some sections together.
Jun 2013
11:38pm, 11 Jun 2013
6,096 posts
  •  
Sombrero
It's a defo PB course - pretty much flat, one loop and a nice wide course so you'll never get stuck behind people.

I might attempt a PB in a couple of weeks - I did my PB at Concord which is a bit hilly.

Good work on the RRR training - I really want to do the whole thing one year - maybe next year. Some of the route is a bit grim but plenty of nice parts to keep it interesting!

Give me a shout when you pop down to RV.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sombrero
Hello.

I have heard that a parkrun will be starting at Rother Valley in the next few weeks.

Sa...