Can I import my sporttracks logfile to FE?

1 watcher
Feb 2013
7:02pm, 13 Feb 2013
First-time poster!!
  •  
PhilDavies
Apologies if this is an FAQ, I'm new here.

I've been using sporttracks for a year and a bit, it's great, but I'm looking for somewhere online to log my runs too.

I use a Garmin Forerunner 205 (also great). But the Garmin Connect website seems very poor so I came here instead.

FE uploaded everything in the memory of my 205 very efficiently (that's more than I can say for Connect - it's so SLOW). But I have lots more runs in my sporttracks log file. Is there a way to transfer all of them to FE?

Many thanks Phil.
Feb 2013
7:13pm, 13 Feb 2013
68,374 posts
  •  
santababy
dunno, but boing :) oh and welcome to Fetch :)
Feb 2013
7:39pm, 13 Feb 2013
5,525 posts
  •  
The_Saint
I think I exported from Sporttracks to a text file then edited this into the schema that Mr F requires with a bit of regexp mojo - but this was some time ago
Feb 2013
7:41pm, 13 Feb 2013
5,526 posts
  •  
The_Saint
Actually just trying now, the "export" was simply a copy and paste from the Sporttracks Activity Reports View - then the mojo
Feb 2013
7:56pm, 13 Feb 2013
1,603 posts
  •  
Mykey
Welcome to Fetch Phil.

If Saint's answer doesn't help just contact Fetch himself via Feedback (down there v). He'll get back to you if he's not walking the dog :-)
Feb 2013
8:16pm, 13 Feb 2013
2 posts
  •  
PhilDavies
Thanks for the rapid replies and welcomes. So its possible to reformat the Sporttracks activity report summary into FE. That would do the job, though it would be nice to be able to bring the GPS tracks across too. I now see there's a note about Sporttracks import in the FE to-do wiki page, so it's on the list!
Feb 2013
8:20pm, 13 Feb 2013
5,527 posts
  •  
The_Saint
If you export the GPS tracks, you get approx 60KB of XML per activity - that may take a while to process
Feb 2013
8:23pm, 13 Feb 2013
101 posts
  •  
Carlos Fandango Jnr
Yes I did it... From memory I think I saved a sporttracks export as a TCX file on my hard drive, then imported said file into here.

The real benefit is that one TCX file can cover multiple runs.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by PhilDavies
Apologies if this is an FAQ, I'm new here.

I've been using sporttracks for a year and a bit, it...