Running in the rain

1 watcher
Nov 2012
8:21pm, 29 Nov 2012
5,792 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
I actually really enjoy running in the rain, there's something utterly mental and exhilarating about it. However, I do find it really tough to get up motivation to actually get out into it - actually prefer it to start raining once I'm running.

I don't wear anything special though. I'm a northerner, well 'ard, innit?!
Nov 2012
8:26pm, 29 Nov 2012
5,018 posts
  •  
fleecy
Twodogs!! You avoid the puddles even after HR? You utter wimp!
Nov 2012
8:54pm, 29 Nov 2012
536 posts
  •  
Pedro_Perez
My running log tells a little story, I used to HATE winter running with a passion. COLD, DARK, WINDY, WET, SNOW and all those nasty things (I could go on!).

This year I decided it was time to MAN UP as I was tired of starting over again in the spring when running is more pleasant

I simply love summer running and found the contrast from summer to winter running HUGE. Shorts and T-shirt running in the sun is bliss! (Ahhhhhhh)

Anyway, now I don't think I am quite right in the head (to put it mildly), let alone what my neighbors think. ANY type of whether is running whether and the more extreme the better.

I personally think that the elements are part of being a runner and you should make friends with all of them otherwise you will be enemies for a very long time and it has really surprised what good friends we have become.

I bought a £6.99 cagoule that keeps me dry no matter what and I layer up under it. If it stops raining or I am too warm I just take a layer off and tie it round my waist. Happy days. :-)

I love puddles, love mud and you simply cant avoid the rain in good old Blighty, this summer and recent weeks being a perfect example.

The Pic shows some of the puddles I have run through this week as it a "little" wet near where I work but its been GREAT fun. :-)
Nov 2012
8:54pm, 29 Nov 2012
537 posts
  •  
Pedro_Perez

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Drell
Do you enjoy running in the rain? Do you hate it, but still do it? Somewhere in between?

If you d...