Winter Sports kit for kids - advice please

5 watchers
Sep 2012
4:22pm, 11 Sep 2012
2,038 posts
  •  
Jon_T
We used to have to play in skins, and I dont mean those overpriced compression garments. Sometimes we couldnt even hear the coach from his car!
Sep 2012
4:01pm, 12 Sep 2012
92 posts
  •  
mushroom
lol at the image of the coach in the car!

I remember a rugby training session we did in thick fog. Difficult to play when you can't even see 5 yards. The coaching was a bit minimal - he didn't know where anyone was..!

Back on topic, I've never been able to get any offers at Lidl/Aldi. They only seem to stock running / outdoor gear for short periods and I don't have a store near me, so I usually just call in if I'm passing, but never at the right time :-(
Sep 2012
8:31am, 13 Sep 2012
12,900 posts
  •  
sioUx
That's a shame mushroom.

Maybe keep an eye online as they say what the following weeks specials will be and plan a trip.
Sep 2012
2:55pm, 13 Sep 2012
13,221 posts
  •  
halfpint
I popped into Aldi this morning (mostly for chocolate) and picked up compression underwear for my son. They had age 6-7 up to 12-13 I think. Shorts and a long sleeve top for 9.99. Perfect for under his cycling gear. Bargain I reckon. Oh and a shortie wetsuit :) The weather is not really appropriate any more so hopefully he won't grow too much before next summer.
Sep 2012
3:04pm, 13 Sep 2012
98 posts
  •  
mushroom
thanks hp - I'll make a note to drive by an Aldi in the next few days to have a look
Zeb
Sep 2012
4:14pm, 13 Sep 2012
757 posts
  •  
Zeb
We've got some thermal baselayers from Decathlon before, so if you've got one locally that might be worth checking out. Can't see them on their website though.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mushroom
Hi

My 6yo boy is continuing with rugby training this season. Last winter, if it was cold and wet,...