Running shops in/near Keswick or Penrith?

1 watcher
Jul 2012
10:48am, 25 Jul 2012
674 posts
  •  
Pace
In case anyone's in the area in need of running shoes, I went to Up and Running in Keswick. Not always the biggest fan of Up and Running, but got the kind of service I usually expect from an independent (can't remember the guy's name sadly) and I am pleased with my new shoes. A choice of 3 major motion control options seems fair enough to me!

I also had a video gait analysis, which was fairly useless in terms of choosing shoes (it showed some over-pronation) but I did discover some excessive (and probably new) turning in of my left foot, which I think may be accounting for some recent achilles pain, so that was unexpectedly helpful.

Thumbs up for Up and Running in Keswick. :)
Aug 2012
10:10pm, 27 Aug 2012
641 posts
  •  
Reiver
Agree. The guy I always see when I visit is very happy to chat about anything remotely related to running. No pressured sales going on, but knowledgeable and helpful every time.
Aug 2012
4:29pm, 28 Aug 2012
5,042 posts
  •  
Ness
Good news they were helpful. If you live near Coventry though, I'd recommend Coventry Runner....

coventryrunner.co.uk

Very helpful when I bought my last pair of shoes. I'm due to get some more soon & will definitely go to them.
Aug 2012
5:42pm, 28 Aug 2012
1,381 posts
  •  
JaneyM
I was going to say Up and Running and also the NB shop but all been mentioned already. There is also some running stuff in the outdoor shop round beside the library in Keswick (just up from Booths) sorry don't know the name of the street. Been going there for years and still don't know the names of streets. Anyway, glad up and running were helpful! :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Pace
Hi everyone, long time no see. I need new running shoes for my newly re-started training for Coventr...