•  
Hills of Death (HOD)
BUPA 10k I did it is well organised
Jul 2012
8:27am, 10 Jul 2012
174 posts
  •  
Fitz
British / Nike 10k sounds like a proper nightmare, not good for the entry price.

Agree with HoD, BUPA 10k (late May bank holiday Monday in 2013) is well organised and a nice route. Have done it twice and would recommend.
Jul 2012
8:36am, 10 Jul 2012
2,563 posts
  •  
Doctor K
Could be worse, it could be Paul McCartney instead of Heather Small !
Jul 2012
8:59am, 10 Jul 2012
23 posts
  •  
Cavalryman
I did this three years ago, I spent more time queuing for the bog and then queuing for the start than I did running the thing.

Medal: Made out of lead substitute nicked off a church roof.
Bag drop/Collection Point: Unsecured fiasco, it would have been easier to just give my bag to a passing stranger.
Course: Nightmare as plebs were allowed to wonder at will across it and I flattened at least one.

It was just glorified theft IMO.
Jul 2012
9:28am, 10 Jul 2012
20,081 posts
  •  
Frobester
Interesting to hear about others' experiences of races that I've entered - my bad experience of this race when it was British London 10k seems to chime with most people (and I maybe naively thought that associating Nike with it might give it a shake-up) - the Nike Human Race in 2008 in Wembley was one of my first 10ks, and, not having done lots before, and thus had some sort of a yardstick, thoroughly enjoyed it - the warm-up inside the stadium, the DJ booths out on the course, the general novelty of it all. If I'd been a bit further along in my racing career, possibly I'd have been a bit more jaded/cynical/whatever, and seen past the corporate bullshit.
Jul 2012
9:56am, 10 Jul 2012
1,151 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Shame it's not been sorted out really. I thoroughly enjoyed it last year but the start was certainly poorly organised (bag drop was OK as weather was good, and I had no issue with the finish, in fact I just seemed to walk two minutes, turn right and collect my bag and was out of there in a short space of time!) and having done the BUPA 10k this year it's certainly the better organised race.

That being said, the start at the BUPA 10k was pretty crowded itself. But yes, much the better race.
Jul 2012
10:55pm, 10 Jul 2012
26,979 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Yes v true Dr K

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Kendo!
I got my race pack for this today and it appears it's now a big exercise in "LOOK AT MY NIKE BRAND...