Getting really cold after a long run

6 watchers
Mar 2012
7:15pm, 21 Mar 2012
2,834 posts
  •  
Wine Legs
So you no longer had a peeping turtle James?
Mar 2012
7:15pm, 21 Mar 2012
2,835 posts
  •  
Wine Legs
Oh nice. TOTP.
Mar 2012
7:36pm, 21 Mar 2012
7,483 posts
  •  
James1982a
No. I'm not sure where it went :-(
Mar 2012
9:36pm, 21 Mar 2012
31 posts
  •  
Squirrel40
My fingers go white after a long run but they can also do that on really cold days when there is no running involved. Sometimes the steering wheel of the car is soooo cold in the winter my fingers go white. Then it feels really odd driving the car with deadened fingers!!!
Apr 2012
8:34am, 2 Apr 2012
633 posts
  •  
Hollyfairyelephant
If your fingers change colour on cold days and go numb, you may have Raynauds Syndrome. Do they go very red and painful when they "come back to life"?

I used to get really cold after long runs. Also very tired and shaky. I used to go have a short nap wrapped in the duvet. I guess it's how the body deals with the stress of the long run and associated energy depletion! Long races did the same, no more sadly...
Apr 2012
8:50am, 2 Apr 2012
18,242 posts
  •  
Maclennane
I've never had the cold after a long run thing, until I read this thread at the weekend and then went for a long run.
Can someone start a 'bumping into Helena Bonham Carter on your long run' thread, please?
Apr 2012
7:15pm, 2 Apr 2012
53 posts
  •  
Squirrel40
HFE, they don't hurt, They swell up!
Happened to me yesterday after running Reading Half despite it being warm! They swelled up then started going white so I stuck them in the sun to warm up!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hello,

I seem to be getting really cold and run down after my long runs lately. Even changing clo...