Hi ,
It looks like you're using an ad blocker. I understand. No-one likes ads.

But our site costs money to operate, and I need to eat.

Please consider enabling ads for our website, or making a voluntary donation. If you donate, I can turn off the ads for you for a period of time. Average donations are about £3.50 per month, so a tenner would give you three months ad free.

Here's a link to our donation info.

Thanks,
Ian Williams aka Fetch

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

SAP Club

73 watchers
19 Aug
2:55pm, 19 Aug 2019
13483 posts
mulbs
Hello all! dec, I was really wanting the"like" feature to be available for your running for a bus comments :-P

I'm not on here much due to being an actual employee and all nowadays, and let's face it I don't get paid to Fetch, but I sneak in at lunch time now and then to see how everyone is doing.

It's such a friendly thread it always makes me smile. I was remembering some of the other Fetchies who used to pop in - slowandsteady/BLass/oysterboy (although OyBoy wasn't necessarily this thread I used to lover her blogs). Anyone in touch with any of them?
20 Aug
8:30am, 20 Aug 2019
2671 posts
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
Hi all, good to see a few of you pop in here :-)

As for me, I am just taking a day at a time here too, too much going on with juggling parent care from afar (had 3 of them playing revolving hospital doors whilst I was away for 1 week trying to enjoy my silver anniversary with MrG).

Not heard from S&S since her last posting, and never did get a response to my email so I hope she is ok.
20 Aug
1:35pm, 20 Aug 2019
3610 posts
decorum
Yesterday I went and did my first 'for no reason except I want to' walk in about a fortnight. It was nice to blow away some of the cobwebs :-) . I'd done other efforts, but they were because I had to rather than any desire to 'just do and enjoy' :-)

Any small victories are still all victories ;-)

WP(WW) ~ it's difficult, isn't it. Psychic hugs sent.
20 Aug
6:30pm, 20 Aug 2019
35430 posts
Lip Gloss
Evening folks, hope everyone is doing okay. Life has been a bit hectic here with work and the summer holidays as had to do some grandchild minding.

Rejoined my local gym so hopefully can get some cross training done. Feel I'm just doing short distances when I really need to up my game for the half marathon I have entered in November.

Take care and take enjoyement from any exercise you manage to do :-)
23 Aug
11:48am, 23 Aug 2019
2672 posts
Happy for you Decorum, it is always nice to do something that you want to do rather than have to do :-) Thanks for the psychic hugs xx

Well done Lip Gloss on rejoining the gym, just see your current running distance as re-setting the foundations. All the best.

Have a fab weekend everyone - keep safe in the sun and heat
1 Oct
9:54pm, 1 Oct 2019
3627 posts
decorum
Oops, I didn't realise just how long it'd been since I'd popped in :-o

*sweeps* *dusts*

Lack of attendance was more of a not done anything long enough to be timed than ignoring the thread ...

Anyway, I got out on the penultimate day of September, for a walk.

5k (of 3.4 miles) of walking in 57:33 [Done in part to mark Dr. K going home but also to mark SWMBO coming home following her month in hospital last year]
3 Oct
10:00pm, 3 Oct 2019
2674 posts
Well done decorum
4 Oct
10:36pm, 4 Oct 2019
3634 posts
decorum
Hi WP :-)

DrK walkies tomorrow too. We lost a friend to cancer last weekend ~ a very strong and humble person who survived a whole lot longer than the goddamned disease set the timer for! [So not a so much a surprise, more a great loss]

And I'm still getting the odd twinge and urge to run again ... but then the 'stale beer Zombie Shit vomit' reappears and I have to recover (again) :-( ... but at least I live here and now ;-) :-)
6 Oct
8:46pm, 6 Oct 2019
2678 posts
Sorry to hear that Decorum, may your friend now fly high xxx

I wore my new Fetchie top with pride whilst visiting Jersey πŸ‡―πŸ‡ͺ parkrun with some friends.

I hear you, I have lost too many friends and family well before time so I am living for today. Keep on going one way or another.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
star star star 2018 ... we are the Slow and Proud Club (now six years old!!) This thread was formerly an offshoot of the Absolute Beginners thread star star star

SAP Club - Join here: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/groups-view.php?id=1038

We are proud that we are getting off our couches and getting out there, no matter how slow!

SAP club motto:

"Anything is possible, it's just hard work and grafting"
- thanks to Sir Mo Farah for the quote :-)

As a SAP club member, you can enter virtual events each month. You can crawl / walk / run-walk or run, it’s all good!

star We have 1 mile, 5km, 5 mile, 10 mile events each month. No fixed date - just run a set distance and record your time on the spreadsheet.

docs.google.com

star Being the Slow and Proud club the winner is actually the slowest! RD Womble will write up a run report each month so that we can celebrate bunting

star These events are brilliant - no entry fees, no pressure to perform and best of all no queues for the loos!

[edited Feb 2018]