Hi ,
It looks like you're using an ad blocker. I understand. No-one likes ads.

But our site costs money to operate, and I need to eat.

Please consider enabling ads for our website, or making a voluntary donation. If you donate, I can turn off the ads for you for a period of time. Average donations are about £3.50 per month, so a tenner would give you three months ad free.

Here's a link to our donation info.

Thanks,
Ian Williams aka Fetch

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

SAP Club

72 watchers
16 Jul
1:59pm, 16 Jul 2019
2652 posts
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
Hi all, hope you are all well.

As no one has posted since June and there were no entries on the run log I have not started up a new page for Jul-Sep. We can always relaunch it at a later date if this takes off again.
16 Jul
2:49pm, 16 Jul 2019
40107 posts
alpenrose
Kwala, sorry to hear that but walking's good too, you just don't get anywhere so quickly. ;-)

I'm just trying to catch up with Fetch. I had my brother and Sil over from Australia for 3 weeks then we went to Austria for my nephew's wedding and I was away for a couple of weeks then. Now back and getting back on track, trying to lose a bit of my belly :-o and get a bit faster. I've started Project Joker again and kick-started with an interval session last night. I also went to the beach yesterday for the first time this year and had my first dip in the sea - it was lovely. :)

Keep on trucking folks - laters! :)
16 Jul
10:56pm, 16 Jul 2019
34979 posts
Lip Gloss
Evening,
Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't entered many races this year so distance runs have been quite short although I have just entered my target half for later this year so I am just about ready to set my plan in place.
18 Jul
10:59pm, 18 Jul 2019
1931 posts
Nutso Lazytoad!
Hello all been away for a week on hols mojo before this had gone but I have a half to train fir so will get my butt out!
19 Jul
4:37pm, 19 Jul 2019
40160 posts
alpenrose
Was it somewhere exotic this time Nut? :) Good luck with your training, your race seems to be on my birthday. :)
21 Jul
5:44pm, 21 Jul 2019
1932 posts
Nutso Lazytoad!
Alpen yeah had a week in Lisbon which was lovely, thank you ooooh I shall think of you then being a Prosecco princess
11 Aug
10:00pm, 11 Aug 2019
3601 posts
decorum
Other than 'across the road' or 'for a bus' I've not run this year :-o

I'm still walking on a regular basis ~ not for the past few weeks though :-(

Tomorrow's a new day and you never know what it'll deliver (you might heavily suspect, but you don't know until it arrives like a tonne of previously flying bricks ... :-o )

Oh, and SWMBO's had a (very small) bout of DOMS. She kinda thought she was broken and dying, it was quite funny tbh! ;-) :-)
11 Aug
10:02pm, 11 Aug 2019
3602 posts
decorum
Oh, and I caught that bus too ~ it was closer to the stop but stuck at the end of the queue in a 3-way set of traffic lights :-)
18 Aug
8:08pm, 18 Aug 2019
1933 posts
Nutso Lazytoad!
Deco nice to see you popping in, I reckon 2020 will be your year
18 Aug
11:57pm, 18 Aug 2019
3608 posts
decorum
Nut, I'm not a big fan of actual years ... every day is the first day of the coming year.

I've been hopeful of making a return to running quite a few times over the last few months. But feeling well enough rarely more than a few days.

[And without any 'bad' days, can we really savour the 'good' times? ;-) :-) ]

Here's hoping that most (or all???) are running reasonably well and are in good humour, or striving in that direction and psychic hugs to any in want or need ~ you don't need to be benched to deserve a hug.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

star star star 2018 ... we are the Slow and Proud Club (now six years old!!) This thread was formerly an offshoot of the Absolute Beginners thread star star star

SAP Club - Join here: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/groups-view.php?id=1038

We are proud that we are getting off our couches and getting out there, no matter how slow!

SAP club motto:

"Anything is possible, it's just hard work and grafting"
- thanks to Sir Mo Farah for the quote :-)

As a SAP club member, you can enter virtual events each month. You can crawl / walk / run-walk or run, it’s all good!

star We have 1 mile, 5km, 5 mile, 10 mile events each month. No fixed date - just run a set distance and record your time on the spreadsheet.

docs.google.com

star Being the Slow and Proud club the winner is actually the slowest! RD Womble will write up a run report each month so that we can celebrate bunting

star These events are brilliant - no entry fees, no pressure to perform and best of all no queues for the loos!

[edited Feb 2018]