Stupid names

7 watchers
Mar 2014
8:26pm, 13 Mar 2014
10,204 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
I knew a teacher with a Donald Duck and a Shanda Lear in his class.

And we had a teacher who'd been told that a boy was named "Donald Duck" and had persisted in pretending to believe it, to the extent that the boy was seriously worried as parents' evening approached. "Yes, I'll tell Mr & Mrs Duck that their son doesn't share their name..."
Mar 2014
9:02pm, 13 Mar 2014
4,234 posts
  •  
Jambomo
At the library I used to work at we had a man who renamed himself Mr. Jesus Christ. I had to change his librry record and saw the certificate :)
Mar 2014
9:06pm, 13 Mar 2014
2,976 posts
  •  
Rosehip
my school friend's father was called Donald Duck and I knew a Gordon Bennett.

there are lots of new to me names at school and even more unusual spelling variants , hopefully though there is enough variation that names won't age one as happens now
Mar 2014
10:27pm, 13 Mar 2014
1,130 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
I had a dentist called Dr Holliday.

I asked him if he had any patients called Clanton. He didn't see the funny side....
Mar 2014
8:40am, 14 Mar 2014
12,476 posts
  •  
Cloggy
My art teacher was called Mr. Klungel, which would mean something like "Clumsy"in English, he could move his ears independently and had quite loose hands if you wouldn't listen. Odd man....

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
This article from the Guardian is a bit old (via a friend from Facebook), but at least one country i...