A Question For The Swimmers Who Know How To Count

1 watcher
Mar 2012
12:49pm, 26 Mar 2012
2,199 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
It depends on how hard you are working I guess. For me, I die after about 6 lengths (still no idea why), but because I'm working so hard, I sometimes have to check how many I've swum before I can take a break!
Mar 2012
1:28pm, 26 Mar 2012
3,490 posts
  •  
RichHL
I just take the break. It's better for me than drowning.
Apr 2012
12:30am, 27 Apr 2012
5,244 posts
  •  
Dvorak
How is the Poolmate going? I solve the problem by swimming in a pool with an enormous digital clock at the end. If I work out how fast I am going, i can work out how far I have swum (if I lose count.)
Apr 2012
6:25am, 27 Apr 2012
1,120 posts
  •  
Just Matt
I just keep repeating the number in my head for teh length I'm on. Even then I still forget the odd one. Id looked at the poolmate but thought the pro was better as its downloadable, so used it all as a good excuse for a 910xt, which is waiting at home and will be tested tonight :-)
Apr 2012
10:11am, 27 Apr 2012
3,943 posts
  •  
RichHL
I use the PoolMate every time I swim and it's really easy to use. It gets confused if you change stroke mid-length and it doesn't count lengths you do as kick drills but apart from that it's fine. I don't use all the metrics because I really don't understand them - runners don't usually have to count anything much at all - so I didn't buy the Pro. I might have to justify the 910XT next year when I start my tri training for real. Well, you would, wouldn't you?
May 2012
11:58pm, 23 May 2012
3 posts
  •  
andiflint
I can heartily recommend the 910XT :o)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RichHL
I know I'm being more than slightly dim but I easily lose count of the number of lengths I swim. Do...