Hi ,
It looks like you're using an ad blocker. I understand. No-one likes ads.

But our site costs money to operate, and I need to eat.

Please consider enabling ads for our website, or making a voluntary donation. If you donate, I can turn off the ads for you for a period of time. Average donations are about £3.50 per month, so a tenner would give you three months ad free.

Here's a link to our donation info.

Thanks,
Ian Williams aka Fetch

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

FetchPoint: The Game

1 lurker | 229 watchers
JCB
6 Sep
1:53am, 6 Sep 2019
630 posts
JCB
AR, I've found that I can get more points from flowers now. Instead of jumping from 1 to 9 to 17 and 20, and only getting those totals, it goes from 1 to 3 to 5 to 7 to 9 to 11 to 13 to 15 to 17 to 19 to 20. It takes a few steps to get higher totals, but you can collect more in total if it maxes out because of the additional steps. Currently I have 15 @ 20points, 2 @ 19, 2 @ 17, 2 @ 15, 2 @ 13, 4 @ 11, 2 @ 9, 5 @ 7, 2 @ 5, 3 @ 3, and 4 @ 1. 43 total flowers, at average of 12.4 points.

*************** (20)
** (19)
** (17)
** (15)
** (13)
**** (11)
** (9)
***** (7)
** (5)
*** (3)
**** (1)
8 Sep
12:26pm, 8 Sep 2019
22699 posts
fetcheveryone
Thanks for your ideas. I’ve got plans to introduce at least eight different badges for you lot. Keep the suggestions coming :-)
8 Sep
6:29pm, 8 Sep 2019
1685 posts
Oranj
I'm finding it harder to make points out of flowers too, but the game still favours a committed cyclist rather than a runner.

Last summer I had a whole variety of different bike routes which I'd visit every 7 days or so when the flowers were ripe for watering again. Best score 67442

This year I've limited myself to three or four bike route variations from home (and I've been unable to run due to injury) so that I water those flower farms as often as possible. It's a much more boring way to train and the flowers don't increase in value as fast - I've had very few flowers that have harvested with 20 points (or even in the high teens). Best score 56528
JCB
9 Sep
2:16am, 9 Sep 2019
632 posts
JCB
Interesting Oranj. It seems that the new scoring for flowers favours towards fewer but longer flower routes, so that the scoring can reach the limit. (Such as daily going over the same route... which worked well for me. Albeit more boring.)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

fetcheveryone.com/game-fetchpoint.php

Frequently Asked
===========
1) The scoreboard and markers don't 'reset' on the first of the month any more. They work on a rolling 30 day system.
2) You only need to worry about red bugs.