West Highland Way Race 2012

42 watchers
Jun 2012
1:20pm, 28 Jun 2012
110 posts
  •  
Sand demon
Hoay, I'm not dead yet. I think some of my disorientation may be down to me spraying your DEET over my fish supper
Jun 2012
10:14am, 29 Jun 2012
17,610 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Another great blog Jon, congrats again to all on achieving their goals. Minty - sorry for not realising at the end there that you had done all the way from Auchtertyre with Jon. Well done to you too - support crews rock too! :-)G
Jun 2012
10:31am, 29 Jun 2012
8,124 posts
  •  
_andy
They do indeed :-) :-)
Jun 2012
4:25pm, 29 Jun 2012
266 posts
  •  
M1nty
We all know that the effort gets exponentially harder the longer the run. The heroes are the ones who started at Milngavie, especially in that rain.

Can I just put out an advert for support running the WHW Race - it's an amazing experience, running through the dark and supporting a knackered beast who's right on the edge! Pretty well all people looking in on these pages will be capable of doing it to some length. I wanted to do from the earliest allowed point (Auchtertyre) right to Ft Wm, because it suited me, but you can divvy up smaller sections between two or three support runners if you prefer.

If you think you might fancy it next year, there are plenty of WHW Racers out there who are looking for support runners. Go and ask them!

I must say I was glad jonmackintosh took it fairly steady early on. I'd have been a bit pissed if the four-hour rule was invoked and I wasn't allowed to run with him :-)
Jun 2012
6:51pm, 29 Jun 2012
3,220 posts
  •  
Lintie
zen31010.zen.co.uk
SUMS points added, not too shabby for some of you :)

Sandeman, i have never ever seen anyone eat a fish supper faster than you did at Kinlochleven :O

Enjoying the bloggages very much guys.
Jun 2012
7:54pm, 29 Jun 2012
1,020 posts
  •  
shanksi
Familiar name up there in 2nd place. Well done :-)
Jun 2012
8:09pm, 29 Jun 2012
111 posts
  •  
Sand demon
Think Ill quickly print out the SUMS league and frame it before it changes. I did win a pie eating once many years ago as a teenager. Perhaps I should stick to that.
Jun 2012
10:31pm, 29 Jun 2012
8,126 posts
  •  
_andy
Thanks Shanksi - it's just a question of which races the proper serious fast guys do. I'll just keep enjoy the fun-runs.

And like the support crew advert from M1nty - if you're reading this and wanting to get involved in the whw race in any way, just hang about here for a while and you'll soon be on the whw train in some way. It's something else. :-)
Jun 2012
12:18pm, 30 Jun 2012
366 posts
  •  
Dave_K
Finally put my thoughts into a blog :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by santababy
Hello.

Anyone who is thinking about doing this or even the Fling, might be interested in this..