The Quest for the sub 4:30 marathon

33 watchers
Apr 2012
5:47pm, 29 Apr 2012
233 posts
  •  
Oatcake
Really feel for you both, it is horrific out there today.
Apr 2012
6:03pm, 29 Apr 2012
41 posts
  •  
catcat
Well at least you got to try for your marathon time. Was on the start line thinking that its going to be tough day so may not get the 4:30 but feeling good so should break 5 for the first time and then a lovely announcement that they've cancelled the full and can only do a half.

I'm probably the most pissed off person who's just achieved a half marathon PB. Which in this weather goes to show that I was in good form.
Apr 2012
7:35pm, 29 Apr 2012
6,774 posts
  •  
Schnecke
catcat - you're not alone in that, there are some very unhappy people out there who turned up for a marathon and got fobbed off with a half ... :-( Really sorry for those folks at Shakespeare, hope you can find another one soonish so you can still make the most of all your hard work.

ANYONE who was running in that utterly vile, hideous weather today is a complete hero - fact. Well done all - you should be proud of yourselves :-)
Apr 2012
7:48pm, 29 Apr 2012
41,580 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Peeks in

Coachy, you so aint retiring

i wont let you
Apr 2012
8:18pm, 29 Apr 2012
316 posts
  •  
Rigel
Well done on the half PB catcat and commiserations to all those fobbed off with a half at Shakespeare. :-(
TBH I might have been glad to just do a half at Manchester - or be given the option to do the last half in a canoe. Bloody awful weather. But, got a massive PB so I'm pretty happy (despite the niggles, aches and shredded feet). Shambolic finish area though. The words 'piss up' and 'brewery' spring to mind...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by northernslowcoach
Me and Oatcake are aiming to go sub 4:30 at our spring marathons, VLM for Oatcake, Manchester for me...

List :)

Brighton

- Pompey Paul DNS
- Sazzahazza DNS
- mertonmum 4:30:41 :) :)

VLM
- J*C
- Oatcake 4:20:30 :) :)
- Smileybob 5:02 :)
- Stander 5:09 :)
- shnecke schnell 4:17:02 :) :)

Manchester