•  
SpeedyMel
Ha ha nice one Janey! I look angry!!
May 2012
8:22pm, 30 May 2012
93 posts
  •  
princesszee
There's loads of me, a few of dad, 2of our first runner and none of our second runner. Weird for there to be none at all!
May 2012
11:12am, 31 May 2012
128 posts
  •  
RobertoM
Our relay team only had photos of our first and last runners. The other team from our club was the same but there was one of their 3rd leg runner as well.
Jun 2012
11:11am, 1 Jun 2012
55 posts
  •  
funkyplates
Hi everyone! Well, first day back so missed the last few pages! What a run! Really struggled after 16 miles and missed my 10mm target pace. Was Ok up until 16 miles but then walked/jogged the rest. Was nice talking with carious people from 16 miles onwards. Happy with breaking the 5 hours and beating PB by over 30 mins. Actually, happy to just finish this one as it was very hard in the heat. My splits times from emf website:

Full Time: 04:55:59
10k split: 01:02:10
Half marathon: 02:12:05
30k split: 03:20:15
Overall finish position: 6151

Only saw one Fetch called stuart in the first couple of miles.

Loved the hosepipes!!

Will do another marathon as I can do better, but probably in a couple of years time.....

Lee
Jun 2012
11:38am, 1 Jun 2012
56 posts
  •  
funkyplates
Oh, and some of you might have noticed my partner (She was the crazy Australian) and little boy (with his red pram) around mile 22 encouraging everyone to 'run like kenyans'!! They had a big white sheet tied to a lamp post. Seeing them was quite emotional at that point but gave me enough for the rest of the race.
Jun 2012
2:19pm, 1 Jun 2012
27 posts
  •  
Weean
Heh heh, I see the Scotsman (Edinburgh's venerable organ, fnarr, fnarr) has picked up on the medal shape scotsman.com
Jun 2012
5:07pm, 1 Jun 2012
1,324 posts
  •  
JaneyM
:) I showed the medal to the Primary 3 class that I help out with and I did watch carefully at a few of the boys who despite being only 8 do tend to have a bit of a giggle at all things rude - they surprisingly didn't giggle - however, there was one wee boy (the one I spoke about in my blog) who was put in charge of taking it round and he was moving it on quickly. :)
Jun 2012
10:05pm, 8 Jun 2012
1,329 posts
  •  
JaneyM
Did anyone see that our slightly dodgy medal made it to "Have I got news for you?" tonight. LOL :):)
Jun 2012
10:31pm, 8 Jun 2012
2,076 posts
  •  
SpeedyMel
No?! I'll have to have a look on Iplayer now! :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Metal Martin
Just wondered if anyone else was doing Edinburgh Marathon next year? My second time (did it in 2008.

***PRE RACE MEAL DETAILS***

Saturday 26th May - 6pm - Vittoria's, George IV Bridge - Table booked under the name of Fetch

Organiser/Person to bother with questions/(Almost) Birthday Girl: McNewbie

Upstairs in "The Wash Bar" 11 - 13 North Bank Street, The Mound, Edinburgh. Room available from 15.00 'til close, so arrive whenever you are ready.

Ideally located for Waverley Railway Station, and for the tourists (me!) Edinburgh Castle! Come and take the weight off your feet, meet new and old Fetchies, get something to eat and rehydrate.

Everyone welcome.

Enquiries to SpeedyMel