Hi ,
It looks like you're using an ad blocker. I understand. No-one likes ads.

But our site costs money to operate, and I need to eat.

Please consider enabling ads for our website, or making a voluntary donation. If you donate, I can turn off the ads for you for a period of time. Average donations are about £3.50 per month, so a tenner would give you three months ad free.

Here's a link to our donation info.

Thanks,
Ian Williams aka Fetch

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Furman Institute of Running and Scientific Training (F.I.R.S.T.) acolytes!

111 watchers
Oct 2017
8:37am, 25 Oct 2017
13855 posts
Fenland (Fenners) Runner
Didn't work for me :( Had to really tough it out only for a sub-4 :(
Oct 2017
1:43pm, 26 Oct 2017
27689 posts
HappyG(rrr)
What happened Fenners? Are you going to blog it, or write it up to give your insights about what was and wasn't in working training and how it manifested on race day? G
14 Jun
4:31pm, 14 Jun 2019
31761 posts
HappyG(rrr)
Just a reminder to anyone who picks up the Run Less, Run Faster book or training plan, there's a wealth of good info in this thread. Cheers, :-) G
14 Oct
4:32pm, 14 Oct 2019
32713 posts
HappyG(rrr)
Just as Fetch is bouncing various training threads with marathon goal times, here's a bounce for a marathon (or half or 10K) training method that might interest people.

Give me a shout if you want more info.

Cheers, :-) G

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lalli
This thread is for those who are currently doing or want to do Furman type training, to share tips, log progress etc.

What is Furman? Simply, it's "Run 3 days, do non-running exercise for 2-3 other days". And that's it really!

Some links:
Furman home page: www2.furman.edu
Furman mara plan (you will need to copy and paste the link into your browser as this is a download document): www.wu.ece.ufl.edu/marathon%20training-first%20marathon.pdf
Runners World published version (another downloadable): www.runnersworld.co.uk/general/the...marathon-schedule/2493.html
Furman core/strength exercises: beginners.runnersworld.com
Furman cross training examples: www2.furman.edu

The book (other booksellers are available...! ) amazon.co.uk

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/blog-view.php?id=10866 - Link to lunaman's blog of his experiences of 2 marathons based on Furman. Really good read based on real-world.

My own (HappyG) marathon experience off back of 6 month's very-Furman training. Yes, it was a Peeb! http://www.fetcheveryone.com/blog-view.php?id=13263&y=2011&m=4#240604

And here's a nifty little pace calculator courtesy of lunaman: fellrnr.com

Upcoming target races...

March 2016
HappyG(rrr) - 20 March - Alloa Half

April 2016
GeologyRocks - 17 April - Brighton Marathon

FenlandRunner - 24 April - VMLM

Furman focus, will bring rewards.

(Pls let me (Lalli) know if you want to be added or removed from the side panel).
Good luck everyone!