Plantar Fasciitis??

106 watchers
25 Feb
10:00am, 25 Feb 2024
19,928 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
It’s such a nuisance. I can’t get rid of it at all at the moment and I’m desperate to run 🙁
17 Mar
10:52am, 17 Mar 2024
20,009 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
So (SS) I have been troubled by PF for years on and off. I’ve always worn ASICS GT 2000s for running and have never felt the need to change them but maybe they’re part of the problem, although I do use insoles too.
Perhaps I should try a different running shoe?
What would you recommend as a supportive and cushioned shoe?
17 Mar
11:24am, 17 Mar 2024
11,432 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
You may be best off visiting a running shop SarahWoo and trying on various shoes and test driving some too.
17 Mar
1:33pm, 17 Mar 2024
3,068 posts
  •  
Mushroom
I try and mix up my shoe use, so as to help my feet have a variety of shape and cushioning, and not be stuck in one shape/cushion for every run. If budget allows, if you can introduce a 2nd different pair (different brands, different models), possibly alternating runs between them, it might help?

I'm happy to keep doing it as it doesn't exacerbate the problem and possibly helps.
17 Mar
1:57pm, 17 Mar 2024
1,980 posts
  •  
Shades
I never run in the same model of shoe on consecutive days. I have 20+ pairs in rotation, several brands, several models. I do that to try and avoid injury.

I've heard that with PF a variety of shoes, with different last shapes is advisable. So if you want to buy a different model of shoe from say Asics just check it's not built on the same last as your current pair.

Asics 2000 range are mild overpronators shoes, so if you want the same type, Brooks Adrenalines, Saucony Guides, and Mizuno Wave Inspire might all suit.

For a more cushioned shoes then neutral shoes are the best choice.

Best to go to a shop and try loads on and see what feels good for you.
21 Mar
8:02am, 21 Mar 2024
20,033 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
Thanks, people. That’s all very helpful :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
Hi guys & gals

I know this will have been covered loads of times before but I’m just wondering ...

Couple of links from HappyG(rrr) & CableTow

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=425

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=508