Pssst! Follow us on Twitter if you're awesome

The sub 3.30 marathon thread

1 lurker | 165 watchers
12 Nov
11:53am, 12 Nov 2017
17315 posts
flanker
I'm about 1.5 stone heavier than when I last ran decently. And I hardly touch the ale any more. Cake!
12 Nov
1:11pm, 12 Nov 2017
483 posts
Fenland Flier
Having been told 8 weeks or so ago to cut down on bread and cut out hard cheese I've lost 3lb and I'm the lightest I've been in about 3 decades.

This next week is my last week of proper training then it's 3 weeks of tapering. Roll on Malaga, an easy relaxing 2 days (if travelling is relaxing) the marathon and then f**k it it's all inclusive.
12 Nov
4:51pm, 12 Nov 2017
1209 posts
Uyuni
Like the sound of that FF. A good effort to do a December marathon to keep the thread ticking over until training for the spring starts
12 Nov
8:02pm, 12 Nov 2017
3955 posts
clare1976
Sounds like you're in great shape FF :-)

Thanks for your thoughts / comments on the previous page. I did xc yesterday which I did enjoy and actually pushed myself hard at the end. I'd have felt better if I'd run during the week as I was rusty, but stronger than I expected. Still not where I should be relative position-wise but i know i can get it back when i have the time and can be arsed to train properly :-)
12 Nov
8:49pm, 12 Nov 2017
684 posts
SailorSteve
You've done some stonking running in the last couple of years Clare, it's certainly there for you when you choose to get on it again. Well done for yesterday.

FF You sound almost ready to go. Exciting times as you come to the finishing touches and then get the chance to enjoy the fruits of all of your hard work. Nearly cotton wool time!
13 Nov
11:47am, 13 Nov 2017
489 posts
Fenland Flier
Hi all thanks for the comments, I was ready and felt ready too, however, last night at work a cold has descended upon me. It looks like it will be 4 weeks of tapering now instead of 3 :-( Not to worry my legs might appreciate missing Sundays 20 miler :-)

About This Thread

This thread is alive :-) - if you want to be added to the header, post your details or fmail me (clare1976)

Don't forget to keep everybody updated on your training / race successes, learns, questions, best practices etc in the build-up :-)

Autumn 2017 Sub-3.30 Attempts #dontbeshit #gohardorgohome #DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry

Good luck! Love SarahL Abingdon (22/10/17) - Oscar the grouch, chunkywizard
Good luck! Love SarahL Malaga (10/12/17) - Fenland Flier

2017 Hall of Fame Oh shove on a party hat and get into the spirit of things, go on. You won't have to do it again for another sixty years. Medal! For Santa! Medal! Oh shove on a party hat and get into the spirit of things, go on. You won't have to do it again for another sixty years. - well done to:

Nelly (Manchester) - 3:22:36 :-)
bakedbeano (Manchester) - 3:29:20 :-)
zuistu (Zurich) - 3:26:48 :-)
Uyuni (Boston, UK) - 3:13:44 :-)
Huntsman (Southampton) - 3:25:27 :-)
clare1976 (Berlin) - 3:28:38 :-)
Larkim (Chester) - 3:14:29 :-)
SailorSteve (Birmingham) - 3:14:54 :-)
chunkywizard (Abingdon) - 3:19:27 :-)

Longer term 'hopefuls':

RuthB2, MissingPhoenix, Caterpillar, ChrisMc, katief89, Ade1973, Villageboy, longboat, mblnFERCr, RiversideRed, Mrs Winkle, JenLov, BelleVueRacer of Beartown, Craig_, AmGettingFitter (AGF), AndyE, Battlecat, Too Much Water, jmair, Funky Chicken, RichHL, Joopsy, Mark J, Teknik, SM6, Claypole, HOD