BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
STATUS Probably muddy
Grumpy old woman in the making Still plodding along, I have plans and targets. I also have more time to myself now and need to use it wisely.
|Random Q&A||See your Q&A|
How do you pick yourself up when you need to?
Read someone's blog from an epic ultra race Or look at my training from when I first started Or gin and chocolate ;)
|sitting disease||20th Apr|
|nearly forgot again||19th Apr|
|Sunday - rest day||18th Apr|
|Sunny Saturday||17th Apr|
|Tilberthwaite steps substitute?||16th Apr|
|Planned Races||Show more|
|Greenway Challenge||9th May|
|Coniston Marathon||6th Jun|
|Maverick Adidas Terrex Frontier Chilterns 50K||26th Jun|
|Lakeland 50||24th Jul|
|Derwentwater Trail Challenge 15K||4th Sep|
|12 Month Benchmarks||Run|
|Recent Pictures||Show more|
|2021 Targets||Set your targets|
|Inbetweenies - not skinny, not a fat git, need to lose around a stone|
|Do a New Thing for Spring - 2021 Anniversary Edition|
|Things I found on Rightmove|
|FE Lake District Lovers|
|I've got unicorns in my basket|
|Badges Collected||See available badges|
- Best Times
- Best WAVA
|2 Apr||5 Trigs Confirmed||18mi|
|6 Mar||Hannington Hike Confirmed||27mi|
|4 Nov||Enigma Fireworks Marathon||26.2mi|
|3 Oct||Limestone way trail half||17mi|
|26 Sep||Standalone 10K||10km|
|17 Sep||Peak District Challenge Silver 75km||75km|
|12 Sep||Yorkshireman Half Confirmed||14.8mi|
|4 Sep||Derwentwater Trail Challenge 15K Confirmed||15km|
|24 Jul||Lakeland 50 Confirmed||50mi|
|26 Jun||Maverick Adidas Terrex Frontier Chilterns 50K||50km|
|6 Jun||Coniston Marathon Confirmed||26.2mi|
|9 May||Greenway Challenge||13.1mi|
|2 Apr||Fetcheveryone Castle Challenge||0.00||600mi|
|5 Dec||Virtual Jingle Mile||10:52||49.64||1mi|
|17 Oct||The Doctor K Cup||36:17||48.72||5km|
|1 Mar||Hannington Hike||8:57:00||31.51||27mi|
|5 Jan||Stansted Stagger||7:07:00||37.28||25.4mi|
|17 Nov||St Neots Riverside Half Marathon||2:31:13||52.15||13.1mi|
|27 Oct||Lakeland Trails in Ullswater - Trail Challenge||2:03:56||41.82||14km|
|26 Oct||Lakeland Trails in Helvellyn - Trail Challenge||2:01:43||45.63||15km|
|31 Jul||Doug Anderson 5k||31:52||54.21||5km|
|13 Jul||Bedford Bridges Challenge||0.00||10km|
|3 Mar||Cambridge Half Marathon||2:24:55||53.73||13.1mi|
|16 Feb||Carlisle parkrun||33:34||51.46||5km|
|12 Jan||Great Denham parkrun||31:35||54.70||5km|
|1 Jan||Pocket parkrun||32:39||52.91||5km|
|1 Dec||Snow White and the Seventh Jingle Mile||9:12||57.06||1mi|
|18 Nov||St Neots Riverside Half Marathon||2:26:59||52.98||13.1mi|
|14 Oct||Perkins Great Eastern Run||2:26:34||53.13||13.1mi|
|24 Feb||Big Fetch Mile - Bedford||9:16||55.90||1mi|
|10 Feb||Bedford parkrun||32:36||52.40||5km|
|9 Dec||Bedford parkrun||31:10||54.81||5km|
|2 Dec||Jingle Mile Ep VI: The Return of the Fetchi||8:58||57.77||1mi|
|25 Nov||Bedford parkrun||32:35||52.42||5km|
|18 Nov||Bedford parkrun||32:30||52.56||5km|
|1 Jul||Big Fetch Mile - Bedford||9:09||55.87||1mi|
|1 Jul||Bedfordshire Clangtastic Mile - 400 m||1:57||50.65||400mi|
|24 Jun||Bedford parkrun||32:40||51.70||5km|
|18 Jun||Run Bedford 10k||1:10:38||49.70||10km|
|19 Mar||Draycote Water 10||1:57:13||49.05||10mi|
|5 Jun||Northants Ultra 35 Shires & Spires||9:18:49||37.99||35mi|
|15 May||Spring Flitch Way Marathon||5:41:55||45.60||26.2mi|
|3 Apr||Oakley 20||3:59:33||48.48||20mi|
|20 Mar||Enigma Week @ the Knees Day 7 of 7||5:45:59||45.06||26.2mi|
|12 Dec||Jingle Mile IV: A New Hope||9:19||54.17||1mi|
|15 Nov||St Neots Riverside Half Marathon||2:36:14||48.03||13.1mi|
|29 Mar||Oakley 20||3:48:34||50.19||20mi|
|8 Mar||Cambridge Half Marathon||2:14:10||55.27||13.1mi|
|16 Nov||St Neots Riverside Half Marathon||2:21:17||52.48||13.1mi|
|13 Sep||Thames Path Challenge 2nd 50K||7:10:38||43.21||50km|
|6 Jul||Enigma Summer Marathon||5:26:26||46.58||26.2mi|
|25 May||Bupa London 10,000||1:04:38||52.41||10km|
|18 Apr||The Bletchley Enigma Marathon||0.00||26.2mi|
|23 Mar||Oakley 20||3:44:01||50.59||20mi|
|9 Mar||Cambridge Half Marathon||2:16:57||53.50||13.1mi|
|14 Dec||Bedford parkrun||29:52||54.73||5km|
|17 Nov||St Neots Riverside Half Marathon||2:17:56||53.12||13.1mi|
|13 Oct||Great Eastern Run||2:15:48||53.96||13.1mi|
|6 Oct||Standalone 10K||1:00:21||56.13||10km|
|21 Jul||Olympic Park Anniversary Run||52:46||50.44||5mi|
|30 Jun||Abbey 10k||1:07:25||49.66||10km|
|22 Jun||Colworth Trail Race 8||1:35:03||46.13||8.1mi|
|11 May||Bedford parkrun||30:09||53.64||5km|
|21 Apr||London Marathon||5:44:15||43.63||26.2mi|
|18 Nov||St Neots Riverside Half Marathon||2:21:22||51.23||13.1mi|
|14 Oct||Great Eastern Run||2:20:40||51.48||13.1mi|
|9 Jun||Bedford parkrun||31:15||51.22||5km|
|27 May||BUPA London 10,000||1:15:12||44.03||10km|
|21 Apr||bedford parkrun||32:21||49.48||5km|
|14 Apr||bedford parkrun||32:16||49.61||5km|
|11 Mar||Silverstone Half Marathon||2:40:58||44.49||13.1mi|
|27 Nov||RNLI Reindeer Run - Woburn||1:10:19||47.08||10km|
|9 Oct||willow 10k||1:11:03||46.60||10km|
|24 Jul||Race4life Bedford (5k)||34:00||46.63||5km|
Thu 25th Mar
Fri 26th Mar
Sat 27th Mar
Sun 28th Mar
Mon 29th Mar
Tue 30th Mar
Wed 31st Mar
I don't know how accurate the HR in the first five minutes is, but I suspect there is some truth in it as I felt terrible and nearly turned around at the pond to go home.
Slowly started to relax a bit and then once on the road at ~2 miles in my legs woke up.
Stopped for a chat with A in Hatch again
1) 1m - 12:48(12:48/m) 147/178bpm 125cal 4.69/5.51mph
2) 1m - 12:48(12:48/m) 135/148bpm 110cal 4.69/5.85mph
3) 1m - 12:11(12:11/m) 143/152bpm 110cal 4.93/5.66mph
4) 1m - 11:45(11:45/m) 145/153bpm 108cal 5.11/6.41mph
5) 0.02m - 31(25:36/m) 152/153bpm 5cal 2.34/5.41mph
Legs felt quite boingy after a lazy day yesterday, a shame my cv system can't keep up.
Cold wind again, but some lovely sunshine too and the mud is drying up nicely.
1) 1m - 12:13(12:13/m) 131/148bpm 108cal 4.91/5.76mph
2) 1m - 11:53(11:53/m) 141/150bpm 111cal 5.05/5.89mph
3) 1m - 11:52(11:52/m) 145/155bpm 113cal 5.06/5.99mph
4) 1m - 12:09(12:09/m) 152/168bpm 118cal 4.94/5.72mph
5) 1m - 12:06(12:06/m) 156/168bpm 124cal 4.96/5.99mph
6) 0.75m - 8:58(11:54/m) 156/170bpm 90cal 5.04/6.28mph
27th Mar 2021, 12:21pmnorthernslowcoach wrote: Good miles x
27th Mar 2021, 2:17pmBintmcskint wrote: :-)
27th Mar 2021, 3:36pmVelociraptor wrote: Well done :)
27th Mar 2021, 4:14pmSombrero wrote: Nicely done. The sun is lovely isn't it, I really liked it on my run this morning. :-)
27th Mar 2021, 5:50pmRRR-CAZ 🇬🇧 wrote: Nice 🏃♀️
Add a comment
Still breezy, and rarely from a helpful direction
Mainly 120:30s with some 30:30s up the lumps into the wind
Extra walk as usual around the blind bend "up hill" into Northill
Probably should have taken water, feels 10 degrees warmer than last week and was more than ready for a drink when I got in.
1) 1m - 12:45(12:45/m) 125/144bpm 109cal 4.71/5.74mph
2) 1m - 11:51(11:51/m) 145/154bpm 116cal 5.06/5.61mph
3) 1m - 12:43(12:43/m) 150/159bpm 121cal 4.72/5.95mph
4) 1m - 12:38(12:38/m) 153/186bpm 124cal 4.75/6.01mph
5) 1m - 11:51(11:51/m) 152/161bpm 114cal 5.06/6.2mph
6) 1m - 12:30(12:30/m) 149/160bpm 113cal 4.8/5.66mph
7) 1m - 13:16(13:16/m) 149/162bpm 115cal 4.52/5.43mph
8) 0.28m - 3:52(13:50/m) 152/182bpm 35cal 4.34/5.41mph
Think moving the log stash was one job too many, knackered now
1) 0m - 1:30:00(0/m) 438cal
two miles of 120:30s then a mile on the road without a walk break,
struggled to get back to 120:30 rhythm for the last mile home as the unaccustomed sunshine and warmth got to me a bit.
Lots of flying protein snacks where the mud hasn't dried up yet, yeuch.
1) 1m - 12:51(12:51/m) 129/148bpm 114cal 4.67/5.61mph
2) 1m - 12:39(12:39/m) 145/154bpm 119cal 4.74/5.49mph
3) 1m - 10:54(10:54/m) 158/162bpm 118cal 5.51/5.8mph
4) 0.9m - 12:17(13:35/m) 149/178bpm 109cal 4.42/5.78mph
30th Mar 2021, 12:07pmGimmeMedals wrote: A lovely day for it. A fast last mile 👍
30th Mar 2021, 12:37pmnorthernslowcoach wrote: Nicely done but bleurgh to flying protein snacks ;)
30th Mar 2021, 12:57pmGimmeMedals wrote: The heat is a shock after all the cold weather we've had.
30th Mar 2021, 3:03pmRRR-CAZ 🇬🇧 wrote: Protein snacks 😳
30th Mar 2021, 3:48pmBintmcskint wrote: Flying protein snacks :-)
Add a comment
At mum's, all the "heavy" jobs she can't do herself - like hacking up the pampas grass and splitting agapanthus and moving heavy bags of compost ++...
Logged an hour on MFP to get some calories so that the fish and chips we had for lunch doesn't make the day look so red
1) 0m - 1:00:00(0/m) 293cal
Thu 1st Apr
Fri 2nd Apr
Sat 3rd Apr
Sun 4th Apr
Mon 5th Apr
Tue 6th Apr
Wed 7th Apr
1) 0.58m - 7:46(13:30/m) 144/163bpm 72cal 4.44/5.3mph
Based on the time I put into project joker a few weeks ago, the efforts should have been at ~11:12 pace, but seeing as that's roughly what my run pace is during my normal run walks that is too slow (so my 5K time needs changing)
I thought somewhere around 10:20-10:40 would be about right and set watch accordingly - but was pleased to find that something even less slow felt about the right degree of hard.
Looking at HR, maybe they weren't hard enough?
The variation in time for splits partly dependent on wind direction - which made bits of some of the runs quite difficult and at times the recoveries quite cold.
A bit rough underfoot in places and a couple of changes in direction due to tractor activity didn't help.
1) 0.11m - 2:00(17:35/m) 114/134bpm 12cal 3.41/3.76mph
2) 0.25m - 2:29(10:01/m) 136/149bpm 23cal 5.99/6.3mph
3) 0.12m - 2:00(16:52/m) 128/141bpm 15cal 3.56/6.01mph
4) 0.25m - 2:26(9:49/m) 146/156bpm 24cal 6.11/6.24mph
5) 0.12m - 2:00(16:37/m) 136/153bpm 15cal 3.61/6.16mph
6) 0.25m - 2:24(9:39/m) 149/162bpm 24cal 6.21/6.39mph
7) 0.12m - 2:00(17:11/m) 137/157bpm 15cal 3.49/6.22mph
8) 0.25m - 2:22(9:29/m) 148/158bpm 23cal 6.32/6.66mph
9) 0.12m - 2:00(16:39/m) 141/157bpm 16cal 3.6/6.35mph
10) 0.25m - 2:24(9:40/m) 150/158bpm 23cal 6.2/6.89mph
11) 0.12m - 2:00(17:01/m) 140/158bpm 15cal 3.53/6.12mph
12) 0.25m - 2:27(9:50/m) 152/165bpm 24cal 6.1/6.24mph
13) 0.12m - 2:00(16:51/m) 141/164bpm 16cal 3.56/6.07mph
14) 0.25m - 2:24(9:39/m) 151/163bpm 23cal 6.22/6.41mph
15) 0.12m - 2:00(16:46/m) 143/162bpm 16cal 3.58/6.1mph
16) 0.25m - 2:29(9:59/m) 151/161bpm 24cal 6.01/6.28mph
17) 0.12m - 2:00(16:37/m) 142/158bpm 15cal 3.61/5.93mph
18) 0.25m - 2:27(9:52/m) 155/169bpm 24cal 6.08/6.51mph
19) 0.12m - 2:00(17:19/m) 149/176bpm 16cal 3.46/5.95mph
20) 0.25m - 2:25(9:44/m) 154/166bpm 24cal 6.17/6.59mph
Start of the month, so added 15s to run section of run-walk, now 135:30s
Would have included a few "drills" if there weren't so many people around
1) 1m - 12:26(12:26/m) 124/147bpm 104cal 4.82/5.87mph
2) 0.21m - 2:36(12:26/m) 139/147bpm 23cal 4.82/5.51mph
It sounds like spring - lambs and chiffchaffs even if the breeze is somewhat nippy and the sky grey.
2:15/30s run-walk, just a bug-squishing hour.
1) 1m - 12:31(12:31/m) 123/138bpm 102cal 4.79/6.03mph
2) 1m - 12:15(12:15/m) 135/145bpm 107cal 4.9/5.47mph
3) 1m - 12:25(12:25/m) 135/146bpm 101cal 4.83/5.72mph
4) 1m - 12:09(12:09/m) 140/148bpm 108cal 4.94/5.7mph
5) 1m - 12:13(12:13/m) 141/149bpm 105cal 4.91/5.61mph
6) 0.09m - 1:01(10:56/m) 148/150bpm 9cal 5.48/5.55mph
3rd Apr 2021, 1:12pmnorthernslowcoach wrote: Well done, that wind is nippy!
3rd Apr 2021, 1:13pmVelociraptor wrote: An hour well spent :)
3rd Apr 2021, 1:15pmSombrero wrote: Well done.and how cute is that pic *heart*
3rd Apr 2021, 1:28pmGimmeMedals wrote: How sweet! Good, steady pacing throughout x
3rd Apr 2021, 1:58pmEdJ wrote: I'm heading out over the Heath soon. Seriously thinking about digging out the thermals again!
3rd Apr 2021, 2:09pmRRR-CAZ 🇬🇧 wrote: Nice 👍
5th Apr 2021, 11:53ammulbs wrote: Spr8ng!
Add a comment
What a lovely day
Even the wind has dropped a bit and its coolness was appreciated.
6 x 1K "comfortably hard" since I have no idea what pace these should be and running on the farm tracks makes pacing difficult anyway (last one cut a little short as I'd about had enough and there was a lot of traffic on the narrow road.)
Said paths have turned from mud baths to dust bowls over the last few days.
Pace doesn't look too dispiriting, trying to ignore how far I used to be able to run at 10:3x though.
1) 0.43m - 5:52(13:35/m) 116/139bpm 44cal 4.42/5.51mph
2) 0.62m - 6:36(10:37/m) 146/154bpm 67cal 5.65/5.87mph
3) 0.12m - 2:03(16:30/m) 131/154bpm 15cal 3.64/5.76mph
4) 0.62m - 6:32(10:31/m) 149/160bpm 66cal 5.71/6.03mph
5) 0.12m - 2:14(17:57/m) 134/161bpm 15cal 3.34/6.05mph
6) 0.62m - 6:36(10:38/m) 153/163bpm 68cal 5.65/5.89mph
7) 0.12m - 2:16(18:17/m) 136/163bpm 15cal 3.28/5.74mph
8) 0.62m - 6:43(10:48/m) 154/164bpm 68cal 5.55/5.95mph
9) 0.12m - 2:27(19:42/m) 140/165bpm 18cal 3.05/5.66mph
10) 0.62m - 6:40(10:44/m) 156/166bpm 69cal 5.59/5.76mph
11) 0.12m - 2:39(21:20/m) 135/164bpm 19cal 2.81/5.72mph
12) 0.57m - 6:01(10:33/m) 155/166bpm 60cal 5.69/5.95mph
13) 0.08m - 1:36(18:59/m) 146/166bpm 12cal 3.16/5.78mph
4th Apr 2021, 1:07pmGimmeMedals wrote: The mud soon dries up when the sun comes out. Good pace on the intervals. Well done x
4th Apr 2021, 2:01pmVelociraptor wrote: Well done :)
4th Apr 2021, 3:17pmnorthernslowcoach wrote: Forward not backwards x Well done :)
4th Apr 2021, 8:35pmRRR-CAZ 🇬🇧 wrote: Looking good ✅
Add a comment
Had enough of cold north winds now.
2:15/30s, trying not to run into the wind for very long at a time, though it's not so bad on the road through the villages it's hard work with a headwind across the field.
1) 1m - 12:53(12:53/m) 125/139bpm 106cal 4.66/5.41mph
2) 1m - 12:38(12:38/m) 133/144bpm 109cal 4.75/5.28mph
3) 1m - 12:26(12:26/m) 139/147bpm 112cal 4.83/5.61mph
4) 1m - 12:29(12:29/m) 139/147bpm 106cal 4.81/5.7mph
5) 1m - 12:30(12:30/m) 139/183bpm 106cal 4.8/5.51mph
6) 1m - 12:15(12:15/m) 140/195bpm 102cal 4.9/5.74mph
7) 1m - 12:41(12:41/m) 143/179bpm 111cal 4.73/5.28mph
8) 1m - 11:54(11:54/m) 146/155bpm 107cal 5.04/5.55mph
9) 0.03m - 33(18:04/m) 146/149bpm 4cal 3.32/5.55mph
6th Apr 2021, 1:41pmnorthernslowcoach wrote: yes, it needs to warm up now! good miles done tho' :)
6th Apr 2021, 1:47pmVelociraptor wrote: Yes, the weather gods haven't realised that we've all stopped laughing and started throwing tomatoes. Well run 🌟
6th Apr 2021, 2:45pmGimmeMedals wrote: Too cold and too windy. It's hardly left us alone for weeks. Well run.
6th Apr 2021, 3:47pmRRR-CAZ 🇬🇧 wrote: Agree on the weather front your still putting in good miles in the miserable weather will make those to come more enjoyable in better weather 😎
6th Apr 2021, 4:08pmRosehip wrote: I'll be complaining it's too hot soon enough :)
6th Apr 2021, 5:42pmGimmeMedals wrote: This time last week, we were.....
6th Apr 2021, 8:07pmBintmcskint wrote: Excellent work in inclement weather
Add a comment
COOL down - 2:15/30s with lots of extra walking
1) 1m - 12:15(12:15/m) 145/158bpm 118cal 4.9/6.22mph
2) 0.15m - 2:29(16:22/m) 117/143bpm 16cal 3.67/3.97mph
Really frustrating failed session.
My bug was on the Sandy side of the A1, so thought Sand Lane would be a good spot for hilly intervals, hopefully out of the wind too.
watch was set up to copy OS's3 x 3-2-1 session.
Started with one on Brickhill, but ran into group of gossiping mumsandprams on the railway bridge - so hit lap and stopped.
Unlike OS's sign (see his blog) the Roadworks sign didn't actually say the road was closed and blocked by giant machinery.
Tried to run loops on the "sandhills" trail instead, but too many kids on bikes and dogs on and off lead for that, Will try running loops there once the kids go back to school though, it's quite fun kept hitting stop instead of lap and getting run and walk mixed up and it was all a mess.
Gave up and sneaked past the machinery, getting yelled at by workmen and stung by all the fresh nettle growth and then tried to finish the efforts down Swaden and Stratford road.
1) 0.13m - 2:00(14:54/m) 114/129bpm 13cal 4.03/5.89mph
2) 0.17m - 1:48(10:25/m) 136/146bpm 16cal 5.76/6.14mph
3) 0.06m - 1:00(17:24/m) 144/153bpm 8cal 3.45/5.89mph
4) 0.06m - 36(10:55/m) 144/158bpm 5cal 5.5/5.93mph
5) 0.06m - 1:00(17:22/m) 144/152bpm 9cal 3.45/5.59mph
6) 0.03m - 30(14:47/m) 141/148bpm 4cal 4.06/5.05mph
7) 0.1m - 2:00(20:07/m) 142/154bpm 18cal 2.98/4.95mph
8) 0.17m - 1:41(9:44/m) 157/173bpm 17cal 6.17/6.7mph
9) 0.04m - 1:00(26:30/m) 152/164bpm 10cal 2.26/6.62mph
10) 0.12m - 2:00(16:58/m) 154/169bpm 20cal 3.54/5.05mph
11) 0.06m - 1:00(17:25/m) 146/159bpm 9cal 3.44/6.37mph
12) 0.04m - 23(9:07/m) 148/155bpm 3cal 6.59/6.95mph
13) 0.08m - 2:00(25:57/m) 138/163bpm 17cal 2.31/6.87mph
14) 0.32m - 3:00(9:15/m) 151/162bpm 29cal 6.49/7.24mph
15) 0.06m - 1:00(16:56/m) 138/152bpm 7cal 3.55/3.97mph
16) 0.22m - 2:00(9:06/m) 152/162bpm 20cal 6.59/6.72mph
17) 0.06m - 1:00(18:11/m) 150/161bpm 9cal 3.3/6.43mph
18) 0.1m - 1:00(9:42/m) 148/162bpm 9cal 6.19/6.45mph
Thu 8th Apr
Fri 9th Apr
Sat 10th Apr
Sun 11th Apr
Mon 12th Apr
Tue 13th Apr
Wed 14th Apr
Not quite the 17 miles/4 hours that was on the plan - but a lot further than I thought I'd get after being tempted to go home at 3 miles.
Legs were not in the mood today, but it's about time on feet not running and pace so I just got on with it -lots of walking with a few jog breaks - and a couple of Garmin paused stops for a gossip - lovely to bump into people I've not seen for over a year
1 serving ginger root green tea, nothing to eat (too much breakast) bingo wing chaffage from seam in Harrier top
1) 1m - 12:59(12:59/m) 125/149bpm 111cal 4.62/5.59mph
2) 1m - 12:46(12:46/m) 143/152bpm 120cal 4.7/5.38mph
3) 1m - 12:41(12:41/m) 147/153bpm 121cal 4.73/5.28mph
4) 1m - 13:18(13:18/m) 145/157bpm 117cal 4.51/5.49mph
5) 1m - 13:58(13:58/m) 143/183bpm 116cal 4.3/5.13mph
6) 1m - 13:24(13:24/m) 141/195bpm 109cal 4.48/5.34mph
7) 1m - 15:06(15:06/m) 126/149bpm 105cal 3.98/5.55mph
8) 1m - 13:53(13:53/m) 129/141bpm 99cal 4.32/5.32mph
9) 1m - 13:31(13:31/m) 136/146bpm 103cal 4.44/5.24mph
10) 1m - 16:58(16:58/m) 130/169bpm 114cal 3.54/5.38mph
11) 1m - 14:12(14:12/m) 135/175bpm 115cal 4.22/5.49mph
12) 1m - 14:37(14:37/m) 123/143bpm 102cal 4.11/5.36mph
13) 1m - 13:00(13:00/m) 139/171bpm 106cal 4.62/5.72mph
14) 1m - 14:30(14:30/m) 129/151bpm 107cal 4.14/5.49mph
15) 1m - 13:42(13:42/m) 140/175bpm 113cal 4.38/5.8mph
16) 0.79m - 11:29(14:37/m) 152/173bpm 102cal 4.1/5.89mph
9th Apr 2021, 1:57pm♪♫ Synge ♪♫ wrote: Impressive run!
9th Apr 2021, 2:17pmBintmcskint wrote: Fabulous! x
9th Apr 2021, 2:20pmMandymoo wrote: Great running :-)
9th Apr 2021, 2:37pmTBR (TheBeardRunner) wrote: Stupendous!
9th Apr 2021, 2:39pmRosehip wrote: Thanks folks :)
9th Apr 2021, 2:42pmRRR-CAZ 🇬🇧 wrote: A great effort time on 🦶 and distance ✅
9th Apr 2021, 3:26pmGimmeMedals wrote: That's great - both distance and timing x
9th Apr 2021, 5:19pmSarahWoo wrote: Great stuff! 👏👏
9th Apr 2021, 6:08pmEdJ wrote: Good work! I'm trying to figure out where the cows are. Top of Donkey Hill - just before mile 10?
9th Apr 2021, 6:14pmRosehip wrote: they're halfway up Donkey Hill, I nearly turned back and considered the road up instead of walking through them, but they were fine
9th Apr 2021, 7:00pmnorthernslowcoach wrote: Thats great time on feet Ros x
9th Apr 2021, 7:24pmEdJ wrote: When I’ve been up in the last few weeks they’ve been up near the top near their feed, and the other side of a fence. They looked as though they could be uncomfortably inquisitive!
9th Apr 2021, 7:28pmRosehip wrote: They were certainly watching me
9th Apr 2021, 8:39pmVelociraptor wrote: Disappointing about the top having a seam in a bad place. But good mileage :)
9th Apr 2021, 8:45pmSombrero wrote: Well done, that's brillinat!!!
Add a comment
Nice morning still a cold breeze from the north though.
2:15/30s with an extra walking in the middle, got distracted watching an egret and didn't hear the watch beep.
wasn't hungry for breakfast so didn't bother.
Forgot where one of the bugs was and missed it
1) 1m - 12:38(12:38/m) 125/145bpm 106cal 4.75/5.97mph
2) 1m - 12:19(12:19/m) 142/152bpm 115cal 4.87/5.51mph
3) 1m - 12:59(12:59/m) 141/155bpm 113cal 4.62/5.72mph
4) 1m - 12:19(12:19/m) 147/155bpm 115cal 4.87/5.38mph
5) 1m - 12:11(12:11/m) 147/156bpm 115cal 4.92/5.47mph
6) 0m - 2(13:05/m) 149/149bpm 4.58/5.01mph
11th Apr 2021, 10:51amnorthernslowcoach wrote: Good morning :)
11th Apr 2021, 11:05amGimmeMedals wrote: Nicely paced.
11th Apr 2021, 12:49pmVelociraptor wrote: Well done :) You're not going to leave that poor bug there overnight, are you?
11th Apr 2021, 4:20pmRRR-CAZ 🇬🇧 wrote: Ace ✅
11th Apr 2021, 6:14pmBintmcskint wrote: Cool egret :-)
Add a comment
Plan said "hills" today, but legs wouldn't get moving this morning, it's still windy and there seems to be a fair bit of traffic. So rather than go very far from home to do a "proper" session it was easier to stay close to home, and just run up and down the slopes between my two bugs with as much effort as I could muster.
Kept hitting stop instead of lap and vice versa, the elevation chart below shows no evidence of the upslopes and Garmin says I didn't try hard enough, but never mind it was fun in a strange sort of way.
1) 1m - 13:12(13:12/m) 125/142bpm 110cal 4.55/5.45mph
2) 1m - 13:15(13:15/m) 141/184bpm 121cal 4.53/5.26mph
3) 0.27m - 3:54(14:13/m) 136/152bpm 31cal 4.22/5.87mph
4) 0.06m - 1:02(17:25/m) 122/128bpm 6cal 3.44/3.34mph
5) 0.16m - 1:32(9:29/m) 143/160bpm 13cal 6.33/6.41mph
6) 0.08m - 1:18(17:21/m) 147/162bpm 10cal 3.46/6.41mph
7) 0.14m - 1:18(9:09/m) 148/162bpm 11cal 6.56/6.91mph
8) 0.12m - 1:41(13:57/m) 155/164bpm 16cal 4.3/6.78mph
9) 0m - 14(2:15:44/m) 150/151bpm 2cal 0.44/3.78mph
10) 0.19m - 2:29(13:04/m) 148/165bpm 21cal 4.59/7.45mph
11) 0.06m - 24(7:02/m) 140/150bpm 3cal 8.53/9mph
12) 0.18m - 2:40(14:32/m) 143/159bpm 21cal 4.13/9.02mph
13) 0.19m - 2:57(15:44/m) 126/137bpm 18cal 3.81/5.43mph
14) 0.11m - 54(8:28/m) 143/160bpm 7cal 7.09/7.7mph
15) 0.24m - 3:44(15:17/m) 141/162bpm 29cal 3.93/7.2mph
16) 0.14m - 1:13(8:47/m) 147/162bpm 10cal 6.83/7.39mph
17) 1m - 13:39(13:39/m) 139/160bpm 111cal 4.39/6.59mph
18) 0.33m - 4:09(12:41/m) 140/148bpm 33cal 4.73/5.57mph
12th Apr 2021, 12:55pmGimmeMedals wrote: I have that same issue with mixing up the stop and lap button. Glad it's not just me :)
12th Apr 2021, 12:59pmRRR-CAZ 🇬🇧 wrote: Them watch buttons so annoying 🙄
12th Apr 2021, 1:03pmnorthernslowcoach wrote: Well done :)
12th Apr 2021, 1:25pmBintmcskint wrote: Well done :-)
12th Apr 2021, 2:43pmVelociraptor wrote: Well done :)
Add a comment
At last the wind has blown away
gorgeous sunshine, lovely and cool to start with (it was frosty earlier) quite warm in the last mile.
1) 1m - 12:39(12:39/m) 121/144bpm 102cal 4.74/5.85mph
2) 1m - 12:33(12:33/m) 136/145bpm 111cal 4.78/5.36mph
3) 1m - 12:45(12:45/m) 140/149bpm 113cal 4.7/5.34mph
4) 1m - 12:19(12:19/m) 142/150bpm 109cal 4.87/5.55mph
5) 1m - 12:16(12:16/m) 143/152bpm 108cal 4.89/5.66mph
6) 0.04m - 33(12:59/m) 150/151bpm 4cal 4.62/6.43mph
13th Apr 2021, 10:53amBintmcskint wrote: Good stuff, RH :-)
13th Apr 2021, 11:01amnorthernslowcoach wrote: That's a great run :)
13th Apr 2021, 12:38pmRRR-CAZ 🇬🇧 wrote: Beautiful :-)
13th Apr 2021, 12:38pmGimmeMedals wrote: Hasn’t the wind dropping made a big difference!
13th Apr 2021, 1:21pmSombrero wrote: :-) Great stuff
13th Apr 2021, 2:05pmVelociraptor wrote: Excellent :)
Add a comment
Thu 15th Apr
Fri 16th Apr
Sat 17th Apr
Sun 18th Apr
Mon 19th Apr
Tue 20th Apr
Wed 21st Apr
Mainly 2:30/30s, couple of 5 mins runs in miles 5 and six because I felt like it, but probably a mistake as it started to feel a bit harder work after that.
Mile 7 involved an escaped shetland pony on the cycle path (and some Garminumptiness) and mile 9 a chat with an old colleague.
nuun tablet in water bottle, no fuel, getting hungry in last couple of miles.
Apologies to the Harrier top - it's not its seam that rubs, it's the zip on the side pocket of the Salomon vest, I'm sure it didn't used to.
1) 1m - 13:08(13:08/m) 121/140bpm 107cal 4.57/5.32mph
2) 1m - 12:24(12:24/m) 134/144bpm 110cal 4.84/5.28mph
3) 1m - 12:38(12:38/m) 138/148bpm 113cal 4.75/5.43mph
4) 1m - 12:37(12:37/m) 145/157bpm 117cal 4.76/5.7mph
5) 1m - 12:33(12:33/m) 146/153bpm 114cal 4.78/5.57mph
6) 1m - 11:53(11:53/m) 146/152bpm 109cal 5.05/5.43mph
7) 1m - 12:58(12:58/m) 142/150bpm 107cal 4.63/5.26mph
8) 1m - 12:57(12:57/m) 145/155bpm 110cal 4.63/5.18mph
9) 1m - 13:02(13:02/m) 142/154bpm 94cal 4.6/5.47mph
10) 1m - 13:18(13:18/m) 144/184bpm 107cal 4.51/5.32mph
11) 0.01m - 9(14:43/m) 145/146bpm 1cal 4.08/5.32mph
15th Apr 2021, 1:43pmnorthernslowcoach wrote: Good miles :)
15th Apr 2021, 2:19pmVelociraptor wrote: Well done :)
15th Apr 2021, 3:02pmRRR-CAZ 🇬🇧 wrote: More good miles 🏃♀️ :-)
15th Apr 2021, 3:12pmGimmeMedals wrote: Solid miles building up endurance 👍💪
15th Apr 2021, 5:09pmmulbs wrote: Go you! I'm envious that you're cracking out the miles. Sounds like it was an eventful run
Add a comment
Didn't get to sleep until the small hours again, and struggled to get moving once up.
Since I had errands, told myself I could just walk into town and back, but to put kit on just in case I fancied to jog a bit.
Legs OK, rest of me still asleep. Managed some 2:30 30s and a lot of walking.
Went to play on the sandhills so run down walk up and a bit of both on the flats.
Sheep on the GSW not cows, which means the path is nicely runnable and the gateway passable - and sheep are nicer than cows anyway
A sandhill session or three, including up and down the steps to The Pinnacle might be useful. It's nice there when the mtb kids are at school.
1) 1m - 14:08(14:08/m) 112/136bpm 111cal 4.24/5.2mph
2) 1m - 14:27(14:27/m) 130/145bpm 115cal 4.15/5.8mph
3) 1m - 14:12(14:12/m) 134/179bpm 107cal 4.22/6.39mph
4) 1m - 14:52(14:52/m) 123/140bpm 107cal 4.03/5.41mph
5) 1m - 15:07(15:07/m) 124/139bpm 103cal 3.97/5.7mph
6) 0.95m - 13:21(14:04/m) 122/136bpm 94cal 4.26/5.47mph
16th Apr 2021, 2:06pmGimmeMedals wrote: Lovely views.
16th Apr 2021, 2:09pmVelociraptor wrote: :)
16th Apr 2021, 7:11pmnorthernslowcoach wrote: Lovely x
16th Apr 2021, 10:05pmRRR-CAZ 🇬🇧 wrote: Well done with getting it done ✅
16th Apr 2021, 11:22pmEdJ wrote: See what you mean about the grey skies at home. I like that you can choose two types of steps up to the Pinnacle - big ones up from the end of the Cambridge Road bridge, or more gentle ones heading from the South West.
Add a comment
A rare afternoon outing, usually by now the CBAs would have won.
It's such a lovely day, a bit breezier than I was expecting, but the bite has gone from it, so shorts and vest weather
Trying - and failing to keep HR down with a few extra walks, still struggling a bit with lurgy/hayfever thing so breathing isn't as easy as it should be.
Adventurous bug today, don't think I've had to collect one from The Riddy before, good job it's no longer under water nor home to the cows.
1) 1m - 12:51(12:51/m) 121/140bpm 104cal 4.67/5.38mph
2) 1m - 12:45(12:45/m) 136/146bpm 112cal 4.71/5.41mph
3) 1m - 12:18(12:18/m) 141/150bpm 113cal 4.88/5.38mph
4) 1m - 13:30(13:30/m) 143/159bpm 117cal 4.44/5.72mph
5) 0.34m - 4:50(14:14/m) 145/153bpm 41cal 4.21/5.49mph
and walk home with the shopping and hoodie in the bag.
1) 1m - 16:58(16:58/m) 96/120bpm 110cal 3.54/4.22mph
2) 0.01m - 8(16:58/m) 93/94bpm 3.54/3.7mph
Collected my bug from Back Lane and walked it to the Coop to squish it
It's a bit warmer than I was expecting, hoodie was surplus to requirements.
1) 1m - 16:17(16:17/m) 94/115bpm 110cal 3.69/6.16mph
2) 0.62m - 9:57(16:07/m) 95/103bpm 70cal 3.72/3.97mph
For some reason I thought doing one of the TAO 6 minute assessments would be a good idea - bound to have made some improvements since Feb
Nope, absolutely the same. Really struggled and dropped to a walk twice.
Might be getting miles in legs, but I'm not getting any fitter.
1) 1m - 13:40(13:40/m) 122/140bpm 106cal 4.39/5.51mph
2) 0.14m - 1:46(12:37/m) 135/139bpm 15cal 4.75/5.26mph
3) 0.11m - 1:57(18:31/m) 118/133bpm 12cal 3.24/5.26mph
4) 0.63m - 6:02(9:53/m) 154/166bpm 62cal 6.07/7.24mph
5) 1m - 13:40(13:40/m) 139/166bpm 113cal 4.39/5.55mph
6) 0.23m - 3:00(13:13/m) 146/167bpm 26cal 4.54/5.16mph
7) 0.13m - 2:08(16:12/m) 128/142bpm 15cal 3.7/4.78mph
19th Apr 2021, 11:08amnorthernslowcoach wrote: Good morning :)
19th Apr 2021, 12:55pmGimmeMedals wrote: But you are doing well and have run miles and miles so far this year.
19th Apr 2021, 3:48pmRRR-CAZ 🇬🇧 wrote: If you were to taper I think you will see an improvement lots of miles legs are bound to be heavy (That’s what I am telling myself)
Add a comment
A bit meh
Swapped back to 90:30s and tried to slow down even more, but HR is still creeping up. THink I should just ignore it.
1) 1m - 13:14(13:14/m) 134/171bpm 110cal 4.53/5.38mph
2) 1m - 12:53(12:53/m) 135/148bpm 109cal 4.66/5.34mph
3) 1m - 13:01(13:01/m) 138/150bpm 109cal 4.61/5.57mph
4) 1m - 12:37(12:37/m) 145/151bpm 112cal 4.76/5.45mph
5) 1m - 13:22(13:22/m) 144/154bpm 114cal 4.49/5.47mph
6) 0.59m - 7:41(12:59/m) 143/154bpm 66cal 4.62/5.43mph
Member of the MonthSPONSORED BY FITBIT
This person has won before, so cannot be nominated again.
Visit nominations page Read the interview with Rosehip