It looks like you're using an ad blocker.
The revenue generated from the adverts on the site is a critical part of our funding - and it's because of these ads that I can offer the site for free.
But using the site for free AND blocking the ads doesn't feel like a great thing to do, which is why this box is so large and inconvenient.
Some sites will completely block your access, but I'm not doing that - I'm appealing to your good nature instead.
Did you know that you can allow ads for specific sites, whilst still blocking them on others?
Ian Williams aka Fetch
Group: Aberdeen Fetch Mile
Notes from Members
- Merry Christmas & Happy New G(rrr) says: I'm a "tentative" but would love to get some/all of the usual crew who go to Stirling to come up to A/deen instead. Weekend in the Silver City anyone?! :-)G
- tikkisue says: I will deff be there and run ma socks off for a good time
- dave_m says: Great idea Nywanda. Count me in.
- mrs shanksi says: This is a great idea! I'm hoping I could run a mile in ~ 7 minutes. Will be great to meet new Fetchies and finally get that PB on the Fetch profile
- Holburnmum says: looking forward to this one, noe I know a few ppl and Im not so shy ! lol
- sheri3004 says: My best mile time in training is 8:09 (but not a flat out effort) so I'd be hoping for under 8 minutes. Really looking forward to it now, and to meet some new people
- elfpint says: I love it when a plan comes together! Might not be able to run it but will come along anyway to timekeep, eat, blether.....
- Tomsmum says: Joining bascially for RitchieC as I am apparently his social sec
- Thistle. says: Such a great idea - PLEASE don't change the date lol.... ta
- Corrah says: I'll so be in the slow group
- Donstar says: Can you please pass the details of this run onto all members - 5K Charity fun run at the Duthie Park on 1st April 2012 - www.funrun5k.co.uk
Since the standard for tracks built in the last 20+ years is 400M, then you must go 9.344 metres further than 4 laps. Over 90% of the outdoor tracks in existence are only 400M and will thus require the extra 9.344 metres to equal a true mile.
This is why most track meets only run the 1500M or the 1600M and not the mile. Unfortunately, most people erroneously assume that 4 laps equal a mile, due to older tracks being built to a non-metric standard of 440 yards.
If you want to finish on the common start/finish line and you'd like to run/walk a mile, then you should start at the beginning of the 4x400M relay exchange zone, which is 10 meters before the finish line. By doing that you will run/walk about 1 metre more than 1 mile, but you won't be short of a mile, as you would be if you only do 4 laps.
- shanksi says: I'm just in the group to make up the numbers
- Mother Duck says: I could pop my head in here too and have another bash at that dreaded track!
- Hamster1207 says: Just to confirm I'll see you all there but I won't be going for food afterwards. Looking forward to it though as I've never run a single mile before. Thanks a bunch to everyone involved. Today was a great day.
- manders says: this will be my first mile so looking for about a 12 min one but not promising, lol
- snakeeyes says: hello, just joined fetch, when is the next mile?
- Weekatiepea says: Hello, I've just joined Fetch and look forward to joining you to find out my 1 mile PB (and to meet you all of course!)
- Smout says: Joining in the hope I can make it one day
- DoricDumpling says: ........ slow and proud
- Kynon says: Hello - not a terribly new runner, but been out of practice for a while. Target for the mile - sub 6 minute.
Back To Top