Group: Fetch NaNo-ers21 members [See all]
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org/" target="_blank">http://www.nanowrimo.org</a><p>
What is Nanowrimo?<br>
Valuing enthusiasm and perseverance over painstaking craft, NaNoWriMo is a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved.<br>
Because of the limited writing window, the ONLY thing that matters in NaNoWriMo is output. It's all about quantity, not quality. The kamikaze approach forces you to lower your expectations, take risks, and write on the fly.<br>
Make no mistake: You will be writing a lot of crap. And that's a good thing. By forcing yourself to write so intensely, you are giving yourself permission to make mistakes. To forgo the endless tweaking and editing and just create. To build without tearing down....<p>
Nano 2011 begins on the 1st of November.....get that pot of coffee ready!!
Notes from Members
- Mikuro says: 2006 - winner, 2007 - winner, 2008 - failed, 2009 - failed, 2010 - failed, 2011/2012 - DNS, 2013 - failed, 2014 - DNS 2015 - ???
Guilty of convincing all the rest of you to give it a try......
- Stumpy says: first timer here..... and this is my profile on there. nanowrimo.org
Day 12. am currently on.....21916 words. Wooooohooooooo! however, feel like am running out of steam. need to keep pushing on. must resist temptation to slob out and watch TV......
by the way it is total carp and I keep having to go back and add in scene setting stuff along the way. but who cares. It's a bit of fun.
- Diogenes says: nanowrimo.org
- Caterpillar says: Day 11 - it's going very well, but I think the section I have written needs major surgery. Probably total sectionectomy except I need the word count. Once I've got this bit sorted the scene is set for some total farce.
- EvilPixie says: going to try and actually start this year! evilpixie on nano too
- RunnyBunny says: Did this in 2007 (and got to the 50,000), started in 2008 and it just didn't work. So trying again in 2009.
- Devonian Plodder says: I'm Zuki on Nano
- quimby says: I'm quimby on the Nanowrimo site too.
- Toks says: I first mentioned writing a book to my cousin in the states and bless her, she encouraged me to go for it :-), dont even know where to start but it will be ace to get my creative hat on and start writing there is a book begging to come out of me