Group: sheffield the REAL best city for runners23 members [See all]
Notes from Members
- zosie says: You're never far from somewhere green where you can run, you don't notice the hills after a while and have the peak district on your doorstep.
Personal favourite - Rivelin Valley and out to Derwent on a sunny day. Heaven!
- heidiUK says: Love Sheffield, but from very flat Denmark, so not good with hills
- Grumpa says: Whats a hill between freinds.Don`t forget one of the best 1/2`s in the country and the mighty SWFC,who could ask for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
- JimM says: Originally from Dronfield but now living in Brum, but try to get back and run as much as possible. Would appreciate any forward notice of any Sheff runs. My next one will be the BUPA GYR but I fancy a dabble at the Saab Solomon X-Trail.
- Westley says: Lived in Sheffield for a couple of years. Especially liked a run down Abbeydale road, taking in Eccie woods.
- Craig_ says: Just come back to Sheff-town after spending time in Manchester and London (very flat) - I struggled with the hills at first but we're friends now. Personal favourite - Loxley Valley out to Strines Reservoir for sunrise. Amazing!
- Sombrero says: I've lived in Sheffield for 16 years and it's ace. The hills are my friends, they all have nice names. Especially "Bastard hill" - he's an arse.
- riggsy99 says: Back to running since April 2018 after a long time off. since April 18 raced 5k 10k 10miles half marathon and finally did a marathon in Nov 18.
Group admin: runningowl