Group: Fetch Bird & Wildlife Watchers69 members [See all]
Notes from Members
- jonrm says: Local wildlife can certainly keep the running exciting. Herons around most of the year and see the local Kingfisher about once a month. This summer at dusk I managed to kick a badger which ran under my feet - thankfully we were both uninjured.
- SteveParkes says: I stop to look at things in bushes. Oh and I like wildlife as well
- Derbyplodder says: Guilty of falling, stumbling and wandering to see birds and wildlife!
- jude says: Big Barn owls when we run at dusk And Buzzards during the day, plus deer, foxes, stoats etc etc
- E.C.N. says: hello
- Steak-n-Cake says: I'd say I like to watch the birds from my kitchen window, but you may get the wrong idea
- BlueTang says: I saw a Green Woodpecker next to Swindon FC after doing my mile for Sport Relief on Friday. Fantastic :o)
- L0rra1ne says: I live and run on the coast line, so lots to see and share. Stand by.
- Jerboa says: anyone else nearly fall over when a rabbit shoots out out the undergrowth at 100mph just in front of them?
- Plodder54 says: Sharing my runs in my my local woods with rabbits and squirrels plus sparrow hawks and jays flying above can really lift my mood
- cackleberry says: *twitches gently*
- Maxvaxine says: Will be looking for Golden Eagles at Haweswater this Sunday
- PhilB says: Woodcock flying around the floodlights at Cardiff Athletics Stadium was a pleasant distraction during my track session training last night.
- moore06 says: Fortunate to live and run in an unspoilt, rural part of Kent. Usually see something of interest when I am out running.
- steve45 says: Been a "birder" for fifty years; was the bird "recorder" for Glamorgan in the mid 1970's. Do regular surveys for the BTO and find it a nuisance not being able to carry binoculars when running!
- alpenrose says: I might be home for a Garden Birdwatch one day.
- Birdypie says: Hello I'm a birding runner based in Whitstable. Always taking little walk breaks to do a bit of spotting!
- Little Critter says: Always love to watch wildlife when I’m out and about.
- gardengirl says: Seeing wildlife makes a run extra special for me. Deer and buzzards are my most common spots, and if I’m lucky the very occasional red squirrel. If I’m out with my son then ladybirds are a big hit - he has sharp eyes!