Group: Fetch Bird & Wildlife Watchers67 members [See all]
Notes from Members
- jonrm says: Local wildlife can certainly keep the running exciting. Herons around most of the year and see the local Kingfisher about once a month. This summer at dusk I managed to kick a badger which ran under my feet - thankfully we were both uninjured.
- SteveParkes says: I stop to look at things in bushes. Oh and I like wildlife as well
- Derbyplodder says: Guilty of falling, stumbling and wandering to see birds and wildlife!
- jude says: Big Barn owls when we run at dusk And Buzzards during the day, plus deer, foxes, stoats etc etc
- E.C.N. says: hello
- Steak-n-Cake says: I'd say I like to watch the birds from my kitchen window, but you may get the wrong idea
- BlueTang says: I saw a Green Woodpecker next to Swindon FC after doing my mile for Sport Relief on Friday. Fantastic :o)
- L0rra1ne says: I live and run on the coast line, so lots to see and share. Stand by.
- Jerboa says: anyone else nearly fall over when a rabbit shoots out out the undergrowth at 100mph just in front of them?
- Plodder54 says: Sharing my runs in my my local woods with rabbits and squirrels plus sparrow hawks and jays flying above can really lift my mood
- cackleberry says: *twitches gently*
- Maxvaxine says: Will be looking for Golden Eagles at Haweswater this Sunday
- PhilB says: Woodcock flying around the floodlights at Cardiff Athletics Stadium was a pleasant distraction during my track session training last night.
- moore06 says: Fortunate to live and run in an unspoilt, rural part of Kent. Usually see something of interest when I am out running.
- steve45 says: Been a "birder" for fifty years; was the bird "recorder" for Glamorgan in the mid 1970's. Do regular surveys for the BTO and find it a nuisance not being able to carry binoculars when running!
- alpenrose says: I might be home for a Garden Birdwatch one day.
- Birdypie says: Hello I'm a birding runner based in Whitstable. Always taking little walk breaks to do a bit of spotting!
- Little Critter says: Always love to watch wildlife when I’m out and about.