It looks like you're using an ad blocker.
The revenue generated from the adverts on the site is a critical part of our funding - and it's because of these ads that I can offer the site for free.
But using the site for free AND blocking the ads doesn't feel like a great thing to do, which is why this box is so large and inconvenient.
Some sites will completely block your access, but I'm not doing that - I'm appealing to your good nature instead.
Did you know that you can allow ads for specific sites, whilst still blocking them on others?
Ian Williams aka Fetch
Group: Bedfordshire Fetchies
A group for all fetchies who live up the wooden hill in Beds. Also so we can support fellow clangers efforts in training and racing. Maybe even share our favourite routes.
Notes from Members
- Helegant says: Hello. Have been exploring the area between Leighton Buzzard and Dunstable for four years, soon to move to the Marston Forest Centre for my morning outings. Usually accompanied by a black spaniel with younger knees and more energy
- a.k.a Billy says: Dunstable based runner - I enjoy the fine countryside in our county like Dunstable Downs, Tottenhoe knolls, blows downs, sharpenhoe clappers, the countryside near toddington and loads more. I also try and support as many Beds organised races as possible. Greensand Relays, Bedford Clanger Marathon and the Dunstable Downs Challenge events are my current faves but I havn't run a badly organised race in Bedfordshire because we don't do bad races :o)
- hammerite says: Bedford Harriers runner. When my ankle is strong enough I mostly run across the fields around my village or around Bedford on club nights. Currently recovering from ankle injury and starting to train for FLM. Not a great combination!
- Ruggy says: Dunstable Runner - started running about six years ago and have never looked back, I just love running off road in the summer months and have discovered places/footpaths that I didn't know excised. Favorite race of 2007 – Amsterdam Marathon
- KatieB says: Bedford Harrier, based close to the stadium in Bedford. Next big race is FLM.
- Elsie Too says: Bedford Harrier, been running for nearly a year now, joined Harriers in April 2007. Most of my running is done with the club with the occasional weekend run on my own if I can't fit in with the club weekend runs.
- Martyn Fisher says: Member of 'Almost Athletes' in Cheltenham, but live in Biggleswade. Yes, really - I'll explain one day. Favourite training routes are the villages, towns and cycle tracks to the NW of Biggleswade - Broom, Southill, Ireland, Old Warden, Cardington, Northill, Ickwell, Willington, Blunham, Route 51, Sandy, RSPB, Biggleswade Common, ...
- Nightjar says: Based just a tad west of Bedford. A Bedford Harrier no less.
- GettingThere says: A Bedford Harrier - loves early morning runs in the country - itching to do another marathon but have no place in the FLM yet so need a definite plan for another 26.2m
- Frobester says: Been running competitively for the last year now, and live in Bedford, and have just joined Fetch. So I guess I'm a Bedfordshire Fetchie.
- Pootle says: I live in Maulden, though I usually run in London (where I work). Guess that's all going to change now I'm in the VLM and I'm going to have to think about doing something a bit longer than a lunch time run!
Is anyone else near me?
- Lumsdoni says: Stotfold, guarding the border against Hertfordshirian invasion
- Stotty says: Now sadly very part-time rower (Star Club, Bedford). Always used running as cross-training but as I started to row less and less (proportionately to size and demands of family) the running really took off.....and then nose dived as I became self-employed.
- Foxster says: Bedford Harrier based in Higham Ferrers
- sparky76 says: Dunstable Road Runner who just loves to run and is very proud to be a member of such a great friendly running club. Consider myself very lucky to run with such great friends & very lucky to run in such lovely local places such as Dunstable Downs, Ivenhoe Beacons, Sharpenhoe Clappers e.t.c. Enjoy seeing everyone succeed with their race goals in the club and hope to continue to improve in my own races too Happy running.
- Lis81 says: Bedford Harrier training for the Cyprus 4 Day Challenge! Argh! Eyes set on a marathon next year.
- The Egg says: Run with and sometimes for the Dunstable RR
- ian2432 says: bedford harrier livining in sandy , best runs rspb , eveton , sandy to bedford cycle parth
- Mrs MRF says: Run once or twice a week to keep fit - will never break any records! I can be seen plodding the streets of Biggleswade on a week night or across the Common with MRF on a weekend. Otherwise spinning at Saxon Leisure gym or being cheerleader for MRF.
- onthedeck says: I live in Luton, run mostly along the Thames at lunchtime, when at work.
- Wine Legs says: Moved to Bedford in June '14 & we're loving the footpaths that start outside the front door and head off in all sorts of directions.
- arbster says: Arlesey-based runner, generally running Stotfold/Fairfield/Henlow during the week, either before or after work, venturing farther afield at weekends. Company welcome, especially for weekend runs.
- Bobs Your Father says: Live in Bedford; run mostly in London (work), but occasionally seen out and about in the best town in the land.
- EdJ says: Live in Sandy but work (mostly) in London, so divide training between the two. Particularly enjoy exploring the trails of East Bedfordshire.
- dnndavie says: Luton based runner. Been running seriously for about a year now, on and off before that and still don't have a lot of races under my belt. I run mostly around Wardown Park, Old Bedford Rd and occassionally into the Stopsley area. I love morning runs but this means I'm always on my own. Anyone else around there?
- BrianJ says: Can I join as an associate member? Live 2 miles over the border in N Herts. I venture over the border to nick goremarkers from my neighbours
- Soggous says: I'm a Stotfold Runner but sometimes sneak into N Herts *boo*
- Rosehip says: Early "retired" free range mum and newbie runner from Sandy (ish) started with C25K April 2011 and have now run 2 slow 10ks. Aiming for Silverstone half next year and hoping to achieve a marathon before I'm 50 . Enjoy plodding around the fields and trails and avoiding anything hilly. Not yet brave, fit or fast enough to join a club.