Group: GPS Users5257 members [See all]
Notes from Members
- martian77 says: Garmin 110.
- stephenpotter says: Just invested in the Garmin Forerunner 220. Seems great so far and not too many difficulties uploading to Garmin connect. Just need to figure out how to upload to Fetch and everything will be spot on!
- briandarroch says: I've owned a Garmin Forerunner 305, 405 and I now use 910XT for running and Edge 510 for cycling. I hated the controls on the 405 as it didn't cope with rain at all, I gave it to my sister
- phidip says: forerunner 235
- Hills of Death (HOD) says: Currently have a 920xt love it
- z1000jeff says: Upgraded from Forerunner 10 to Vivactive. Liking it very much.
- lildude (nee BFC) says: I used to use a Garmin Forerunner 405CX and am now using a Garmin Forerunner 220.
- Rick H says: Used to have a forerunner 201 then the forerunner 405. Now on the suunto ambit 2. Loved all three... But use the ambit for navigating around different locations...
- oumaumau says: 310XT
- Goofee says: Suunto Ambit 2R and Garmin 110
- joint ear knee says: Garmin 310XT since my 305 packed in.
- Stephen McC says: hi I have a garmin 110, 210
- 57.5 Degrees of Pain says: Currently use a 610 which I like as an everyday watch. Used to use the excellent 305 and really miss the visual track.
- Snigel says: 52 y.o male recovering from man on pushbike v van last Dec. Hip resurfacing now a total replacement and lots of other interesting bits of metal in my body. Aiming to run again within the year, now doing some gym and walking approx 2.5miles per day with my trusty Forerunner 305. Very slowly
- tipsku says: First I used Garmin Forerunner 110 (2012-2014) and since May 2014 I run with the Forerunner 620. I'm loving the geeky features (running dynamics).
- RichHL says: 910XT. Brilliant hardware. Piss-poor software. And Garmin Connect sucks donkey dong. I only use it to back up files from Fetch.
- Avon says: Garmin 310XT
- michaelrhall says: Forerunner 620
Forerunner 305 (retired)
- aothen says: Garmin Forerunner 910XT
- um says: 205 to start, now 610
- Andy_B says: Garmin Forerunner 620. Really good but has an irritating glitch. Connects to satellites super fast, run dynamics interesting and does all a geek like me needs although not cheap. Glitch - occasionally locks up and then won't charge and needs faffed about with for ages to resolve. Also previously had forerunner 305, forerunner 420(? - blue with touch bezel - really rubbish), and polar GPS. Forerunner 620 streets ahead of them all.
- Tortoise Boy says: Garmin 405
- FerryMichael says: Cheap Android phone with "My Tracks" app and data turned off to stop map downloads as I'm running to save battery.
- SnotRocket says: 205 and 310xt.
Have had a 301 but it died.
205 is great and quick to upload via memory map program or training centre as was the Forerunner 301. I struggle with the ANT connection to the 310XT. The Garmin Connect often will not load gpx or tcx (produced via Fetch site) sent to it from my PC.
- Wooters says: Garmin 305
- mdsparky says: I have forerunner 305, but recently upgraded to the garmin 620 and its lush!
- Strutbrother says: Currently use a Garmin FR15 but looking to treat myself to a 225.
- Hally says: Garmin Forerunner 305 (now retired) & Garmin Forerunner 220
- MikaHanzo says: Currently using Garmin Forerunner 305. Good old faithful.
- princess.allison says: Garmin Forerunners - 305, 10, 620
- LazyDaisy says: Garmon 210 here. It connects to Fetch without any problem - the annoyance is that currently I have to do a manual upload to get the data from my watch to the Garmin site itself (something to do with Chrome??)
- Jake210 says: I have a Garmin 220. Like it so much I bought my Husband one too.
- Milidh says: I've owned a Garmin Forerunner 305 now I use a 620
- Jungliemac says: Garmin Forerunner 310XT since my old Forerunner 305 died Very useful battery life when going beyond marathon distances.
- Jonali says: 310XT same one for last 4 years.
- Makka says: Fenix 5
- Pinkliverbird inapeartree says: Garmin Forerunner 405CX - Had it for just over 5 years. Does the job for me. Need to keep the bezel locked especially in the rain. If it rains and the bezel isn't locked it goes bonkers. Locking it solves the problem.
- SMS_Clarkey says: Had Garmin Forerunner 205 and 410 and now use 910XT.
- WolfDancer says: Recently upgraded to a Garmin Edge 520, massive improvement from the 500 i was previously using, and more importantly as yet, NO LOST RIDES
- That man from March says: I use a Garmin 110 but have used a 305 in the past.
- Auntie Beth says: Garmin 210.
- GimmeMedals says: I've had a 310xt for nearly 4 years and liked its versatility. I've now got a 220 and it is so much quicker to upload via iPhone. It does what I need it to and I particularly like the
option to set up run/walk timings. I use an 800 on the bike - the screen is just the right
size and uploading via iPhone is a plus.
- MudMeanderer says: I've used a Garmin 305 for running and a Bryton Rider 50 for cycling
- Corrah says: Started with a Garmin Forerunner 305, but that has now mostly died, so I have a 310xt
- susanof says: Garmin Forerunner 205 Which I have had for 2 years. When my previous one (3 years old) stopped working Garmin sent me a reconditioned (new) one for £46! I'm happy
- Mountkeen says: Garmin FR10
- wshippin says: Garmin Fenix 3 (Current)
Garmin Forerunner 620 (backup)
Garmin Forerunner 610 (retired)
Garmin Forerunner 410 (retired)
Garmin Forerunner 205 (retired)
Garmin Swim (backup - not a GPS device)
- Aspatriot says: Forerunner 405 for me. Its 5 year old, requires charging every other day, but still performs what I need.
I am trying to get a mate to part with an Ambit 2 though, he keeps winning them!!!
- Silent Runner says: Garmin 310XT. I also have a 305, though it's held together with sellotape and probably not long for this world.
- Sazzahazza says: Used to have garmin 305xc now have 610
- cereal runner says: I use a Garmin Forerunner 305
- Flatlander says: Garmin 305, having replaced the battery, is easy to use, with no problems apart from having to clean the cradle contacts when they become anodised. Does all I want it to.
I also have a Garmin 310XT which periodically fails to pair with ANT+ requiring a soft reset. More complicated than the 305. When I first bought it I had impossible-to-solve problems trying to connect with ANT+ with Garmin Express, so I got rid of GE and now download to my computer then import to Fetch using Garmin Plugin.
- DeaJay says: Garmin Forerunner 305
- kevinnn123 says: Garmin 305
- FlynnagunII says: Garmin 305
- runningmumof3boys says: garmin forerunner 310xt since i dropped and smashed the forerunner 301 a few years ago
- Fitz says: Currently using a Garmin Forerunner 620. Previously owned a 610 and before that a Polar something-or-other (not Bear).
- Kimbles says: Used a Garmin 305, 910xt and now using Fenix 2
- Silver Strider says: forerunner 405
- Enaoslm says: Garmin 405cx
- SusiesueH says: forerunner 220 mainly, 305 occaisonally
- Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble) says: Garmin Forerunner 305
- BillericayTrotter says: Garmin Forerunner 410
- Magpie Rob says: Garmin 305
- ♪♫ Synge ♪♫ says: Garmin 235. Splashed out in order to be able to do uploads by phone while away from home. Previously a Garmin 310XT (which was itself a replacement for my old Garmin 305 which died).
- Dodgem says: Garmin Forerunner 110
- Storey says: Garmin Fenix 2 (Current)
Garmin Forerunner 10 (backup)
Garmin Forerunner 110 (retired)
- Bluebell2325 says: Garmin Forerunner 410, no problems, though it may be taking longer to find satellites now. And sometimes there is a glitch uploading, but historically been due to Garmin updating the site or the ant stick communicator.
- Snake Doctor says: Garmin 410
- WestCountryLad says: plus one for the 310XT
- Pidd says: Garmin Forerunner 610
- grammcen says: Mainly the Forerunner 305, but I have borrowed a Forerunner 15 recently to try out.
- markuu says: 910XT for running and Edge 810 on the bike
- Gooner says: 310 xt but used to use a 305
- MikeR. says: Suunto Ambit 1
- ZORBAX65 says: Good morning everyone I use a Garmin 235 recently but I find satisfying is also very light and not at all bothered by the comfort with which the possibility of Blootooth discharge data directly on APP garmin mobile phone and automatically sends the data to fetch me . Unbelievable but true. Happy running Antonio
- DuncanG says: Forerunner 405
- SunnyDevon says: Suunto Ambit 2 - mainly for long battery life. Used solely for running. Navigation is easy, apps used within the watch are great. Great piece of kit but it is pricey.
- Mr J says: 310xt
- Half Empty says: Currently a Garmin 920XT after a brief play with the Vivoactive - OK watch for basic but missing some more advanced features
- Psimon says: Garmin 620
- chipn says: Garmin 220, used to use a garmin 305
- FitterStu says: Garmin 410. Second one after the strap broke on the first one and it was replaced under warranty.
- speedy rob says: I have only ever used a garmin 305 (since July 2011), which I remain content with despite long GPS location delay on power-up. I get the functionality I want from the Garmin software on my PC and via Fetch: Garmin Connect didn't seem to offer anything else I want.
- Markymarkmark says: Garmin 405. Sometimes takes along time to lock on if I'm somewhere "different", but otherwise, wonderful. If only Garmin software was as good at their watches.... Mine incidentally always shows 100% charged, untill the moment it dies.
And when I leave it at home by mistake, on my way to an event, I reinstall Runkeeper on my mobile. Twice so far. But always deinstall it to since it kills my mobile after a few days!
- Roadrunner65 says: Forerunner 305 and edge 500
- jeronimo says: I'm using a forerunner 310xt
- Andi18 says: Garmin 110
- JonnyB46 says: I have the 405 and apart from the odd blip have used now since 2012
- Nellers says: Garmin Forerunner 405 but I'm looking to upgrade later this year. I'll be very curious about what you all have to say about the latest models.
- R4R says: Forerunner 910XT for running, Edge 1000 for cycling. Also Forerunner 205 and 305 (both retired)
- BishopLenBrennan says: Vintage Forerunner 305.
- newmsey says: I have a garmin 310xt
- Wriggling Snake says: garmin forerunner 10, cheap, and in a sale, no problems,can do intervals, easy to use. Orange
- Little Nemo says: I started with a 205 but upgraded to a 305 as I wanted HRM data. I still use the 305 but it does sometimes take ages to find satellites.
- Hohum says: Used the Garmin 305, now use iphone 5c on
- Steak-n-Cake says: Hiya - I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 with HRM. I love this gadget, use it for running, hiking and biking. Plot a route on Fetch, upload it to my 305 and off I go and don't get lost !
- LBM says: Used to use a Garmin 410 but switched to a Suunto Ambit 2 about 8 months ago.
- Wes-H says: Garmin Forerunner 910xt
- Jon M says: Hi, I put off getting a Garmin for ages, now I'd be lost without it. Garmin Forerunner 110. I even use it to see how far I've walked the dog! Love it to bits, just wish it would pick up satellites a bit quicker.
Finally the strap has broken on my trusty 110, now have a Forerunner 30 - picks up satellites a lot quicker.
- Whoever says: Gamin 620. Awesomeness personified
- steeplechaser says: I have the Garmin 305. I've had it for years, prior to that I had the odd looking 201. My 305 stopped working in the week prior to Abingdon Marathon 2013, & I managed to get mine back to Garmin & received a new watch in time for the race. Excellent after sales service, it was way out of warranty.
- Drell says: Garmin 310XT. Used to have a 305 but it died.
- Cazsoul says: I've been using my trusty Garmin Forerunner 205 for 5 years now
- steve7 says: Currently using Garmin Forerunner 410 considering changing to 620
- Cabbey says: I've previously had Garmin 305, 310XT, 910XT and now have a 920. I've also tried a Suunto Ambit 2
- Special*K says: Garmin 220 and 110
- Jonny P says: suunt0 ambit 2HR
- wookie says: Garmin Forerunner 220
- iPLOD says: My 405 stopped working after a particularly wet run. Now happy owner of a new 620. Both Gamins. Just to be clear.
- slowfish says: Garmin Forerunner 210
- keyring says: Had 2 Garmins since 2008. I find them a terrific tool and motivator to get out and run - but also to record benefits and track performance changes wrt training plans etc. Had a 305 for 5 years - needed replaced twice under Garmins £50.41 deal. Had a 610 since 2012, been replaced once by Garmin. 610 smaller and lighter than 305 but battery life is too short if you're do anything much over a Marathon distance/time.
- Jubear says: Garmin forerunner 205, 305 and edge 200 and yes, I use them all
- Njord says: 310XT
- Hardcore Runner says: 310xt
- Meglet says: 910 and 110. Used to have 305.
- Gritts! says: Garmin FR 220
- Mark J says: Used a Garmin 50 as a beginner watch, then a 405, now I have two 410's (don't ask).
- westmoors says: Garmin FR405 and FR620 have now been replaced with the FR935. Love it!
- Anna Bomb says: Garmin 310xt and Garmin 405
- Pingu99 says: Garmin 305 with HRM, previously had a 205, but I'm getting hacked off with it not synching works 1 out of 5
- Bluepaul says: Garmin 110 and 410
- Shonky says: Garmin Forerunner 110 & Garmin 910XT
- Dai Bank says: Still using the 305 that works ok for running and cycling
- CStar says: Garmin Forerunner 405 Which I have had for a year. When my previous one (4 years old) stopped working Garmin sent me a reconditioned (new) one for £46. Love it and never really had any problems, but I'm quite PC literate and can sort out any minor Ant+ issues.
- Surelynot says: I use a Garmin Forerunner 610.
- HulaGirl says: Garmin 220
- andy@6nwn says: Garmin 305, Fenix and Fenix 3 plus Montane 600 on the bike
- WilliamCuffay says: I started using Forerunner 110 and though their good, there pretty basic. 18 months ago I upgraded to a Forerunner 620. There not cheap but well worth the money and I probably don't use all of what it has to offer.
- Rockeys mate says: 910XT. Love it. Use for triathlons as well as ultras.
- -Monty- says: Garmin Forerunner 305. I've had them for years and am now on my 3rd watch as I've worn the other two out.
- Autumnleaves says: I have a Garmin 220 - bought this year to replace a Forerunner 110. I like the 220 a lot - it's perfect for runners like me. My phone is sadly not swanky enough to do the Bluetooth thing and the lap top doesn't know it has the plug-in so I still upload to Fetch via the FIT files. Main irritation with the 110 was it occasionally taking many minutes to find a satellite and the lack of interval programming.
- RobK says: happy Garmin Forerunner 305 user since 2008
- Rog T says: Garmin 920XT
- becca7 says: Suunto Ambit3. Still have my 310xt but software problems drove me up the wall.
- WACA says: Polar RS800Cx - I rate it very highly. Great for uploading onto fetch and can only do gpx from file on pc to
stravabut who cares about stravawhen you have fetchpoint!:-)
- posty john says: 310xt
- Bott says: Hi I have the Fenix 2
- Zehnderboy says: Garmin 220
- macca 53 says: Garmin 305 here - has worked OK for more than 5 years but now seems quite slow to lock on
- HavPete says: Apple Watch 4
- Jobe says: I have two, the Garmin Forerunner 205, had this 8 years and still works well. Mainly use my Garmin Forerunner 610, it's a better size than the 205 but seems to take an age to find a satellite signal. The only thing I find annoying is the battery saving mode when waiting for such things as the start of a race, or re-grouping with other runners as it can often lose the satellite too. Other than that, really happy with the 610.
- JAPMitch says: Had a couple of Garmins, but they were shockingly unreliable. Now have a Suunto Ambit 3.
- Wazelle says: Garmin 310 XT
- C-Cat says: Garmin 310XT
- derooster says: Garmin Forerunner 610
- CC2 Speedy Goth says: Garmin 310XT. Also have a 205 lurking somewhere and wear a Fitbit One.
- Hamsterbolt says: Garmin forerunner 110, simple but enough.
- Cheekien says: Garmin forerunner 10, perfect for running and cycling, fairly basic but really easy to use - ideal if you run in different places and just want something to record and can enable a virtual pace and run/walk intervals etc.
- mr d says: Tom Tom Multisport
- Warton Runner says: I use a Garmin forerunner 305
- _andy says: Garmin 310XT. It's a nightmare to sync. Massive frustration.
- HappyG(rrr) says: Garmin Forerunner 305 with HRM (had 3 of these), now Garmin 310xt with HRM. G
- Pompey Paul says: Garmin 620 for me but thinking of switching to a Fenix thingy but it appears to measure short so that is putting me off parting with my hard earnt dosh.
- panad says: garmin 305
- StevieS says: My Garmin 405 just recently died after 6 years use so in the market to buy a replacement, but so much to choose from.
- SteveCRunner says: Garmin 220 and 310XT
- Bazoaxe says: Garmin 610 - no real problems once I got usedto it after the 305 which I loved....think I love the 620more now
- Blodwen says: I've got a Garmin Forerunner 305, although it won't connect to my laptop any more... so I have to enter my data manually. Seems to be quite slow finding satellites, but apart from that I like it.
Started off with a Polar HRM with no GPS.
- FurryH says: i run with garmin 310xt. i had the 305, 405 and 205 but these have been sold on. 405 was rubbish and got rid. 305/205 were excellent.
- StuartM says: Used a 305 for many years, three of them in the end after swapping with Garmin for recon ones as they broke. Have a 620 now which is great. Use an edge 200 for cycling
- toffee says: Forerunner 305 - had it for about 8 years, reliable and takes the knocks I get sometimes during fell runs.
- davelord says: Garninge 910xt, i thought i might swim but was wrong, more money than sense
- Northern Exile says: I've got a bit of a graveyard: Garmin 205, Garmin 410, 2 x Garmin 310XT, Garmin eTrex30, Garmin Edge 500. Considering a Fenix 3.
- HayleyB says: Garmin 920XT - big change from the 910XT. Lots of lovely metrics; some useful, some a curiosity.
- Winniefree says: Garmin 305 Forerunner here too, or two actually as me and OH both have one. I have to use explorer to upload runs as chrome won't support it any more but other than that it's fine.
- Bintmcskint says: Garmin 310XT - bought for longer battery life. I love this watch though it does sometimes take a while to locate satellites but only very occasionally. Looks massive on my tiny wrist though
Garmin 610 - really liked this when I first got it but the wristband on them fails really quickly. Currently held together with bright yellow electrical tape and that seems to have fixed the issue.
Garmin 305 - now only used for muddy runs where I know it will be submerged in water. This watch has served me well for years. Again massive on my wrist.
- trebormint says: Garmin 310XT. A bit chunky by modern standards but does the job.
- Chell says: I also have a Garmin 310XT which periodically fails to pair with ANT I have never managed to get it to connect to the Garmin Express and have to use the outdated Garmin Connect which Garmin try and get you off. MY husband who is a tec wiz says it’s all down to Garmin’s software and when it all fails, as it regularly does, he has a little rant calling it all ‘sh*t, sh*t, backdated and sh*t’
- faithfulred says: Forerunner 620 - does everything I need and more.
- Cuzzy says: Garmin Forerunner 305
- BS says: changed from 310 to 235 😃
- Sheriff of Lentune says: Had Garmin Forerunner 305 and now Forerunner 410. Prefer the latter in appearance but find the bezel v sensitive
- Athlete In Progress says: Previously Garmin 305 but now using:
Timex Ironman Triathlon M878
- Bob! says: 310XT
- ian9657 says: Fenix 2
- The_Saint says: Garmins
Unfashionably every model has been a significant improvement over the previous one for me.
- Buttercup says: 405. Awful bezel controls. Don't like it!
- DJ Bangey says: Suunto Ambit Sport 3.
- HermanBloom says: Suunto Ambit3 Run
- Hamster1207 says: Have been exporting my runs to TCX file from GarminConnect then importing to Fetch via file. Now I've linked the accounts and all is well except that its downloaded all last months workouts as well so now I need to go through them all deleting the duplicates. My latest run was ok but still a pain. Then I also need to delete all the emails on fetch but when I do that I get the dreaded "server error" so can only delete 1 email every few minutes. Doh !
- Steve72 says: Garmin Forerunner 110
- AJPAR says: Just replaced a Garmin forerunner 610 which I disliked with a forerunner 220 which is excellent so far. Garmin edge 500 for cycling.
- wick says: I have owned a 305 which I gave to my son and I now have a 205.
- Alun says: Garmin 220 since Christmas 2015, previously Sports-Tracker on my Nokia phones.
- StormProof says: I mostly use 310XT but sometimes hubby's 620. 620 lovely and sleek!
- DeeGee says: Started with a Garmin Forerunner 305, then a 305XT. Now using Suunto Ambit2 and therefore no longer automatically uploading to Fetch
- FML says: Garmin Forerunner 205
- Joopsy says: Suunto Ambit 3 peak.
- Sunbed Athlete says: Garmin Forerunner 310 XT
- AntClark says: Garmin Forerunner 620
- bree says: Garmin Forerunner 10. Small, cheap and does the job.
- rucksack says: Garmin Fenix 3
- Steps says: Garmin 305 then updated to 235 and use mapmyrn converting GPX if without watch when running.
- Ted says: Garmin Forerunners 305 & 310XT and Edge 810
- milemonster says: Garmin Forerunner 310XT
- PaulaMc says: Garmin 620. Small, neat, fast to connect. Love it.
- IanS says: Forerunner 205 & 305, 310XT and 410 (mainly the latter two in use)
- Legless says: 310 XT
- Muddie says: Garmin Forerunner 220. Does all I need it to. Not had any problems with it so far. *touch wood*
- kstuart says: garmin 310xt and timex ironman run trainer 2.0
- Lills says: Garmin 910xt
- ndellar says: Garmin 301, then 310XT now 620. Love the 620
- geordiegirl says: previously had the Garmin 305 now upgraded to the Garmin 610, both with HRM
- hatstand says: Currently use a Garmin 920xt. Have previoulsy had a 310XT and a 305
- Cat the Dog says: Garmin Forerunner 110. Annoyingly the only way I can now upload is using one ancient PC. Even then, I have to keep plugging and unplugging the USB before it seems to recognise the Garmin...
- clare1976 says: Garmin Forerunner 620 with HRM, and previously Garmin 305.
- mxhornet says: Soleus
- Wicked D says: Garmin 310XT - excellent battery life, even with one battery bar showing it still lasted for 23 mile run (with out HR strap tho )
- katypie says: 310xt with the ANT stick of doom and the Forerunner 10 which works like a dream
- HBNS says: Garmin 305, no issues if worn on top of wristband, I like the large display area.
- Black Cat says: On to the Garmin 220 now and love it.
- jennywren says: The Crane GPS watch from Aldi.
- ThorntonRunner says: Forerunner 205. Reliable but now takes a while to lock on
- Barky says: Garmin Forerunner 220
- HelenJane says: Garmin 110
- Pegg says: I've got a 310XT. Love it.
I had a Forerunner 305 before that - only had to replace it when I ran into some railings and it stopped being waterproof!
Husband has the Garmin Fenix
- quimby says: The main one I use is a 220. Couldn't justify the 620. I also have a 310XT which is perfectly servicable, just quite bulky on a little wrist. But not as bad as the 205 used to be. The long thin one before the 205 was actually more comfortable. The Edge 705 for the bike in Garmin orange is very lovely but sadly underused. You probably don't want a history of my Geocaching ones too? Or the ones in the car?
- Girlie says: Garmin Forerunner 220. it does what I need it to do and was a good replacement for my knackered 305:-)
- Lacal says: A 310 XT. Love it, except sometimes I battle to get it to upload.
- JulesR says: Garmin 910XT as I swim and previous 310XT strap was flimsy. Only downside is no swim drill function like the newer 920XT
- Big Al Widepants says: Garmin 610
- Old Man says: Garmin 205 has been great for probably at least the last 8+ years, have just (in the last week!!) had to replace it with a quick and easy FR10
- minardi says: Garmin 310xt which is doing my head in as I have to keep re-pairing it with the ant stick to upload my runs
- Kwaka says: Garmin 610.
- Haggis says: Garmin 610, very happy with it. Seems to do everything I need, but as always the battery life could be better...
- Gogsy! says: Garmin Forerunner 305
- Rodders says: Previousyl had a Garmin Forerunner 305 but after it packed in I now have a Garmin Forerunner 10
- Ultracat says: 920XT love it and connects via Bluetooth to my IPad. Use it as a watch.
- Fizz :-) says: I use the Garmin 305, never had any other sort. I occasionally have problems uploading to Fetch, but I suspect that's more to do with the PC than the Garmin.
- ps-66 says: Sunnto Ambit 2, Garmin never last more than a year.
- Sombrero says: Garmin Forerunner 110
- Recoil says: I use the Garmin 920xt and Garmin Edge 810. did have a forefunner 220, 350 and whatever the long one was prior to that....
- SoVeryTired says: Garmin Forerunner 210
- Steady Edina says: Forerunner 210
- stuart little says: 310XT, seeing as you can get these for not much over a ton, there's not much better out there...
- WildeRover says: Been through a Garmin 201 and 205.
Now I'm on a Garmin 220. Only issue is that everything, run or cycle, uploads as a run. Plays havoc with
stravaand Fetchpoint. stravasorts itself out when I amend to cycle - Fetchpoint is a bit hit and miss.
- SPKoF says: 310XT - but hate the garmin connect / ANT interface. Prefered my 205 and the trusted USB
- controversial says: i have had 2 garmin 305 (1 that still works) and 2 garmin 310xt (1 that still works). My current one is the 2nd garmin 310xt. I have tested a couple of timex gps watches but was not very happy with them.
- paul the builder says: Current user of Garmin 310XT.
Former user of Garmin Forerunner 305.
- Jigs says: Garmin 220
- Stumpy says: I've got a garmin 310 xt. takes ages to lock on but is then consistent in measurement from run to run. i've now got a fitbit surge (couldn't resist!). locks on quicker, but seems less consistent/accurate.
- Lakes says: Garmin 910xt
- Rich963 says: Currently Garmin Fenix, have used a 310xt, 305, 205 and 110 over the years
- Capricorn says: Had a Garmin 405 - rubbish in the rain and very poor battery life and eventually died.
Then got a Garmin 610 which was fine, although battery life not great
Now got a 920XT (as moved to triathlons) and it is actually the best thing since sliced bread. In fact it could slice bread.
- Adrian says: Nike+ Sportwatch and Garmin 305
- flanker says: Fenix 3, 910XT, & iPhone. Plus access to Garmin 220, 305, & 10, and Extrex 30 & old Eurex Vista C.
Fenix 3 is awesome now they've fixed the GPS!
- Podkin says: Garmin Forerunner 620, it all works well with automatic link from Garmin
- Ness says: Have had a Garmin Forerunner 305. Now onto my second Garmin Forerunner 110 (first one broke)
- beef says: Garmin 910XT
- Lalli says: Suunto Ambit 2S. Excellent, except the DIY set up and use of the triathlon function which has cost me some time in transitions and then not downloaded accurate data or missed data at all.
Other than that niggle (which is probably my ineptitude) it's great for run, bike and swim (indoors and open water), picks up satellites really quickly and has a fab battery life. Don't use my old Garmin 405 now at all.
- AddledAdder says: Garmin Foretrex 201 (left on the roof of my car while trying to pick up satellites and then nicked!)
Garmin forerunner 305 (no longer syncs through the cradle)
Samsung Galaxy S5
- Digga says: previously 305, now used by my son, currently 310xt
- baggieboy says: Garmin Forerunner 610 - lose GPS signal very quickly if standing around for more than a couple of minutes. I preferred the 305 which I use to used until the second one die on me.
- philbo says: I've owned a Garmin 201, 305, and now a 220 , the 220 is good picks up the satellite in a instant , i like the bluetooth uploading .
- MartinCunningham says: I have 3 Garmins: Running Watch F620 and also for Bike the Edge 500 plus the Vivofit as an activity tracker
- gary2 says: Garmin Forerunner 305. Old but still going. The watch is OK as well!
- ChrisHB says: Garmin 410cx. Controlling this one by swipes is ridiculously difficult; controlling my earlier one is something that was done at random by an LS T-shirt, so I'm not happy with that aspect. It's often slow to find satellites. Battery life is inadequate after two years. Don't like having a dedicated wire to charge it with.
- Tinywhitevan says: I've owned a Garmin Forerunner 920XT since January and I love it! I use it for triathlon training and I've also used it in triathlons.
- Waveydavey says: Garmin Forerunner 305
- Kieren says: wahoo fitness app (beta) on an android phone.
It syncs to
stravaand garmin, with the later also syncing to fetch. Had a polar rs800sd (beta) before that, then followed by a garmin 305
- Duncs says: Garmin 310XT
- oi you says: run with Forerunner 230, ride with Edge 810
- Wally says: Garmin Forerunner 305 it's the best!
- duo says: I have a Garmin Forerunner 10
- fraggle says: Garmin 920xt
- Yog-Sothoth says: Had several Garmins over the years - Forerunner 201, Etrex Vista HCx, 405. Currently using a 910XT for it's all-round capabilities.
- forest plodder says: Forerunner 405
- Gobi says: Had a 305 and it was brilliant
Current crop - 500 - 510 - 705 - Fenix 3
I am a Garmin man
- LateStart says: I'm now using a Garmin Vivoactive, having previously used a Forerunner 305.
- Nick Cook says: Garmin Forerunner 305
- GD says: Garmin Forerunner 220
- StickyWilliams says: Suunto Ambit 2
- Winded says: Garmin 210, Garmin 800, Garmin Swim (because I lose count after 30 or 40 lengths).
I use them all. I'm considering trading in my 210 and Swim for a multi-sport watch that will do both pool and open water swimming.
- carolyn_t says: I have a Garmin Forerunner 305
- a7083 says: Currently using Suunto Ambit 3 Peak.
Previously used Suunto Ambit 2S, Suunto Ambit (1st gen), Garmin FR110, and a few non-GPS watches: miCoach pacer, Nike+ sportband, Suunto T3C & Suunto Quest.
- MvM says: Garmin 920xt atm, prior to that had Forerunner 305 and 910xt
- philip_m_jones says: Garmin Forerunner 220. Super fast satellite location
- Ron Burgundy says: Garmin 910xt
- Karate woman says: I use the 405 which is generally good, but sometimes it just stops and I have to wake it up again - then it is fine for ages, then goes again.
- boyband6666 says: Garmin 410. Will upgrade to the 225 in a couple of moths probably, as the 225 looks awesome.
- madmoosey says: Garmin 310XT owned for 3 years, upgrading to 920XT soon
- Bux77 says: I now have a Polar M400 which replaced my Garmin Forerunner 305. It's a great mid-low budget range watch - really pleased with it.
- Rosehip says: Garmin Forerunner 110 - not programable, upload via garmin express only works on one laptop
Tomtom GPS Sport - programable but software is rubbish
- Short Strider says: Garmin FR 10. On second strap, but works fine.
- Little My says: Garmin 910XT. Had a 305 for ages, then it split in two.
- Yes I can !!! says: Garmin Forerunner 205
- snayak says: Garmin Forerunner 620.
- QuinsRunner says: I have an old 910XT - excellent multi sport watch, but showing its' age compared to some of the newer ones.
Good functionality (only beaten by the 920XT and give a run for its' money by the new Fenix 3).
A little bulky, but still happy with it.
- Weekatiepea says: Garmin forerunner 220
- Groundhog says: Had a Garmin Forerunner 110, now have a 310XT
- AJH says: I have a Garmin 10, 410, 610, 910xt and currently use 920xt. Hated 410 and 610 tbh, love the others.
- WhoisD says: Garmin 310XT. I used to love it but the Garmin software is 5hite.
- SirKK72 says: 305 still going strong, does all i need it to.
310xt can be had for not much now though, so always tempted. 225 with the fancy hr monitor is on my radar also.
- LindsD says: Garmin 220 here. I love it. Used to have an FR60
- The Inspector says: Garmin Forerunner 110
- DGA says: Garmin 405 bought in 2009 and excellent ever since
- PeterG says: Garmin 610
- Plodder54 says: Currently using a Garmin 620 and have also had a Garmin 210
- Nearly Last says: I had a Garmin 405 which I liked unless it rained, then one of the buttons packed up. Now got a Garmin 310 XT which is OK as I got it cheap last year, but it's too chunky and isn't as reliable as the 405 in syncing to the PC.
- Beddgelert says: garmin 610
- Neilio says: Garmin Forerunner 110. Canny bit of kit for my needs.
- RussellR says: Suunto Ambit 2
- FrannyT says: Started off with a Garmin 110 but upgraded to the 210 which I love.
- CaptainBlue says: I'm using a Garmin fenix 3 Sapphire.
- Curly45 says: Polar M400.
Had garmins before then, but love this. Cheap, multi sport, great software and good tools. Intervals are good, but not as good as good be. Battery life awesome, hrm good and sleep tracking etc as well.
Love it. I'll hope this one lasts ages, but would happily get another (or even an m800).
- Weean says: Runkeeper on Android
- BrightStrider says: Garmin Forerunner 15
Garmin Forerunner 205 (retired due to battery)
- nigelS says: Garmin Forerunner 10
- Mother T says: Garmin 500, Garmn 110 and Garmin 910xt
- Divine_Wind says: Garmin Forerunner 220. Uploads via iPhone as PC didn't like my 610 and Google Notebook doesn't do uploads. It was cheaper than a laptop. Got to say it's the best in finding satellites of all the models out of 305/110/610 and the 220.
- Teknik says: Garmin 305, bought second hand after my last one started giving me weird HR readings.
- TeamTamunshen says: Garmin 620
- oldtrotter says: Had a Garmin Forerunner 110 for a few years and gave it to my son to encourage him to start running, and it worked. Changed to a 910Xt for multi sport, and I like it in spite of its bulk. Clear to read, and uploading to Fetch is a breeze, thanks!
- donran says: 305 (now retired) and 310 XT
- Kynon says: I use a Garmin Forerunner 110, but I'm considering an upgrade (for battery life/navigation purposes).
- Nutso Lazytoad! says: Garmin 10
- Tonybv9 says: I've been using the Ulrasport Navrun 500 for over a year. It does everything I need, plus loads of stuff I will probably never need.
- Nelski says: Garmin Forerunner 110.
- StellaFella1967 says: Previously Garmin 305 and now Garmin 620
- Bru72 says: Garmin FR10, previously used Nike+ Sportswatch which died a death after 13 months. No such issues with FR10
- moley says: did use garmin 110, since moved on to garmin 410 (liked the extra 'nerdy' bits) and a wahoo hrm
- Carpathius says: Garmin 310XT. Love it.
- Spanners99 says: Fenix 3
- Lip Gloss says: Have the garmin 110 but can't get it to link to fetch anymore since I bought my new laptop
- Dragon_Reborn says: Using my phone (Galaxy Ace 3) with the BikeTrack app. Works really well. Never had an issue.
- Fat Tulip says: Garmin 220
- SheBuLady says: Garmin 305 (and will be interested in any recommendations, as it is on its last legs).
- jamesmcf says: Tom Tom Cardio
- red_gp says: Garmin Fenix 3 &/or 310XT
- Markie Bee says: Garmin 110
- RunningRonnie says: Epson runsense sf-710 and Garmin 405 (although less as often now, it's a bit dated).
- colettedeann says: garmin forerunner 210
- larkim says: Formely TomTom runner, now Garmin Vivoactive
- sinj999 says: Forerunner 110 and the Mrs has a FR10
- StewartC says: Garmin Forerunner 410
- AdventureRacer says: Garmin forerunner 410 . fantastic
- GoBilly says: Had a Nike+ Sportwatch which was great until it stopped finding satellites after 2.5 years. Now got a Polar M400 which is superb.
- Wacky Racer says: Garmin 310XT easy to use although had a few issues with Google not accepting Adobe plug in so sometimes have to log it through the garmin site which can a bit of a pain. 310Xt easy and good replacement for my old 205 that died after many miles of usage
- Mathjacks says: Garmin 110 (soon to upgrade to a Garmin 225) & a Garmin Edge 500 for cycling
- Shoddy says: I have a Garmin Forerunner 110
- bravedave says: Have had a Garmin 310XT for four years. Great watch.
- DocM says: i have garmin 620 (previously had 610)
- GeologyRocks says: I've got a garmin forerunner 10.
- Molesy says: Garmin Forerunner 620, super fast satellite lock and WiFi synching - when they finally got it working - is fantastic but overall the 610 it replaced was a far better watch. For cycling I've got a Garmin Edge 810 which is superb.
- Sjjh says: Garmin 220 for road running.
Garmin Fenix 2 for long trail and ultra runs.
- alpenrose says: Garmin Forerunner 230.
- RevBarbaraG says: I don't use my Garmin 410 any more now I've got a 620
- Raids Macaroni says: Garmin Forerunner 220
- Pennycarreg says: Garmin 620 for me!
- Cog Noscensme AHA says: Garmin310XT. Good hardware. Linking to Connect is painful. Had to get rid of Garmin Express but even the ANT agent is cludgy and variable in its responses. Now running with a Fenix 2. Some nice features on that and the hard wired connection is more reliable. Its more useful as a general watch but it seems to operate in a low power mode for that and engaging the GPS function then takes quite a while as if an ancient operating system is booting up. If I go an do something else to make use of the time, I often forget to press the start button. Irritatingly high maintenance!
- mugfordb says: Garmin Forerunner 610
- Richard-M says: Yeah working for me today! Garmin wasn't playing yesterday but OK now. Thank you!
- MsG says: Polar RCX5 now Garmin forerunner 620. The GPS unit for the RCX5 was glitchy and unstable/unreliable. 620 seems reasonably accurate
- runandbecome1 says: I've been using the Garmin Forerunner 10 since the beginning of 2014. Never seem to have any problems and it does exactly what I want which is provide a gps location, time & distance, there's less to go wrong & it's reliable. I always update directly to Fetch with FIT files.
- percyw says: Garmin Forerunner 620
Good - VO2 Max , Running Dynamics , weight , automatically uploads to Garmin Connect ,
strava& Fetch Everyone, fast connection to GPS (about 5 secs)
Bad - the only issue i have is the HR Strap - this new Garmin strap was supposed to have stopped all the spikes but i recieve low spikes & high spikes in my first km if i forget to soak the strap in water before i go out
- etmtito says: I've had my Garmin 310XT for years now seems to do everything I want.
- Yorkshire Plodder says: Garmin 620. Love it as it does all the geeky things well.
- SlownOld says: I have Garmin 220. I leave it on 'bike' and edit run entries.
- Gromit says: Garmin 220 , love it , used to have the old forerunner 10 but battery didn't last as long as I needed for longer runs. Love the Bluetooth uploading straight to garmin connect thru to fetch without me needing to do anything
- MelFitz says: Currently own a Polar RC3, great watch, just a paine to load data onto sites and not compatible with
stravaeither. Will be changing to a Garmin 920xt as soon as funds available!
- marlrunner says: Garmin 220 paired with a Sorsche HRM+. Tells me all I need to know and very happy with it.
- Oldsponger says: i use a garmin edge 200 for my mtbiking
- Moominmark says: Garmin 210, Garmin 610, Suunto Ambit 2R
- lenov says: Garmin 110. Love it, except for the connection to the satellite, very slow, and its short shutting down time.
- Jono. says: Garmin 310xt
- Resher says: Garmin 310XT and before that 305
- totalbeginner says: I've a soleus fit 1.0. Wish I'd got a garmin or one that I could export the run data here now!
- chrisnew says: Garmin Fenix 3 and Edge 810
- StuH 🇪🇺 says: Garmin 410 here. I have no issues with the bezel that some do. Ant+ is a bit of a faff. Sticking to Ant Agent and Training Centre rather than Express and (modern) Connect
- PeterS says: Forerunner 10 - cheap and cheerful. My first GPS which I have had for a few weeks. Very happy with it. No issues so far!
- shosoloza says: Garmin Forerunner 305 with HRM
- Buzzard says: Just got a Forerunner 220 and am dying to use it, however, I have an IME seminar to attend so can't till tomorrow afternoon.
- deansaliba says: Forerunner 10. Only GPS watch I've ever owned. Best thing I've ever spent money on!
- gavlar c says: Fenix 3
- AndyS says: Garmin Fenix 5X
- dirtbum says: Garmin Edge 510 for cycling, Garmin Vivoactive HR for running. Good devices, despite occasional frustrations.
Group admin: fetcheveryone