Group: VLM 2014 - Runners56 members [See all]
Fetchpoint this year
Notes from Members
- Shazza11 says: This will be my 3rd London Marathon. Can't wait. :0)
- jog-on says: My first London Marathon....EXCITED!! Hoping for a 3:49:xx and will be running for The Myton Hospices A cheer would be AWESOME! :D
- Metro_Nome says: my first VLM! not running for a charity as I wasn't sure I was going to make it due to injury but I'm going to make it I think! excited for fetchpoint hopefully around 4:45, and I aim to be in fetch colours
- Weasie says: Please can Team Minardi look after me, I need G& T and Jaffa Cakes. I expect to be around 5hrs 30 mins.
- Argie says: Aim on just beating the shit out of anyone dressed as Kermit the Frog.
- DeeGee says: I fetchpoint! I'll be morally obligated to wear Cleethorpes AC kit (royal Blue, gold diagonal) with Darren emblazoned across the chest - photos will follow. Usually couple this with Fetch cap. I'm after lager, a photo, and possibly hugs.
- FML says: 3rd VLM and have struggled in my previous 2, so need all the support that fetchpoint offers
- Petd111 says: 1st attempt at a Marathon, had to be London for me, running for The Children's Trust.
- ChrisThePuma says: aiming for sub 3:15 this year. I will be running in my club vest as per my profile pic.
- JJ Flash says: I have a club place, so will be running in my club vest. Looking forward to seeing you all and knowing that I'm on my way in.
- Rach452 (brandstifterin) says: Second London Marathon, own place and running for MacMillan. Looking forward to going past Fetchpoint :D
- HermanBloom says: I will be in the 3:59:59 to 4:30:00 range for my first Marathon When Neems and Hendo get round to signing up to the supporters group I'd like them to be shouting at me please!
- IrishMike says: 2nd time running this for me. Managed to bag a GFA Place and aiming for a sub 2:40 (or close to that time) if people fancy giving me a shout out I would really appreciate that as well (as well as some gels if possible ) Ill be wearing a Glossopdale Harriers vest (blue with orange band across it)
- J*C says: 5 th for me 2 nd London
It's the distance I never wanted to run again so why do I find myself here?😳
- Carpathius says: I'm expecting around 5:30. I'll be in Felixstowe Road RUnners colours (red with white stripe) and would love a hug at fetchpoint.
- GimmeMedals says: My 5th and final marathon. I will be in Fetch colours and therefore easy to spot. I'm dead excited having been at Fetchpoint last year and experienced being the other side of the barrier Expected time about 5:30, though it could be 15 minutes either side of that and it will take about 3 hours to cross the start line as I'll be near the back of the back
- RevBarbaraG says: I'm running for Cancer Research and will be wearing their TShirt over black bottoms. This will be my first marathon. I will be SLOW - probably 6 hours, maybe more. I have NO IDEA what I want from fetchpoint.... except encouragement, and maybe a hug. I will be RWR all the way, and I want people to tell me that's OK (and not wimping out). I'd like one or more of PestoMum, Garfield, Rosehip and Iron_Mum on my team, as they have all encouraged me on fetch.
- SherryB says: 2nd marathon - did Brighton in 2013. I won a place through my club - a gift from Harris Hospice to thank the club for our fundraising efforts. So I'll do some fundraising but no target set. Would like to be in PaulaMc's team. thanks.
- MadWelshWoman says: Hello, I am runing for Anthony Nolan, also planning on doing the Brighton Marathon the week before London:) Please can I be allocated to the Ex-inspire team (Mykey, Sian, Min ....)?
- greenbox says: Hello, I'm in as I deferred last year with a knee injury - probably my own fault for not stretching and cross training enough during my VLM 2112 training. I also did all my training whilst listening to music so I found that not using music on the day a problem. All tips for self for this years training ...ps I don't think that I'll come 1st
- Sprout says: Injured last time around so deferred my place, can't wait for those winter early morning long runs again
- Lorraine says: Club place,so club vest, white with running4women on and last time I ran this was 2007. Planned time - not sure somewhere around 4:15
- Lady Sol says: I'm running for Mission Direct. Will be in Fetch shirt, black/dark grey shorts/capris and a white cap on. Finishing hopefully somewhere between 5.30 and 6 hours. I'll have gels and possibly lucozade to pick up, my OH will be at Fetchpoint with them.
- The Inspector says: This will be 3rd marathon. 1st was the inaugural Manchester marathon in 2012, awful conditions, hit the wall around mile 25.5. 2nd was Chester 2012, much better in-race fueling, managed to get a GFA which secured the VLM place. The serious training starts now! Looking forward to the support offered by fetchpoint.
- Lordy Lumpkins says: My 2nd marathon, but first London, which I managed to get in first time via the ballot. Wahoo!
- The Terminator says: Yay for fetchpoint
- derv says: 5th london, 17th marathon and my last ever race decided at 50 ive had enough so going out in the best road race in the world
- sarabop says: My first VLM, I visited Fetchpoint last year and would love a wave as I run by running as a Bedford Harrier in yellow and back as I won my place in the club ballot.
- Jon_T says: Running on my deferred place, club colours, can't wait for the noise at 13/22. I am aiming for 3 and a half hr finish, so Fetchpoint around about 12:45 give or take
- Legless says: VLM#3 for me, hopefully will actually make the start line fully fit for once
- smudgeruby says: 3rd vlm for me - I only keep coming back for fetchpoint
- blokewotruns says: 1st VLM at aged 60 and running it only 3 weeks after Rome. I hoping to have done a sub 3:45 which should give me a VLM 2015 GFA place so I can relax and enjoy this one. I will be running for Team McMillan.
- SMS_Clarkey says: 2nd Marathon (1st was Rutland 2011 -3h45m), got in via my running club (Bushfield Joggers) ballot at Christmas as I 'failed' in the main ballot. Will be running for Macmillan and aiming for 3h30m this time. Looking forward to all the support from everyone and the spectacle that is VLM! :D
- Jopoweredbychocolate says: Can't work out at the moment what number marathon it will be ( will be running a few marathons before London ) but I'm a plodder so probably will be doing about 5 hours 30 only cos i want to take photos on the way round ( anyone that knows me will know what i'm like taking photos with my camera )
This is my second VLM ( I'm also going t put my name in supporters to add that i'm sending my mom to the fetchpoint and hoping someone can help look after her )
- James74 says: First time for me.
- runningmumof3boys says: My 1st London Marathon yay- have done fetchpoint a couple of times so am looking forward to being on the other side of the barrier- will be in my LOVELY green and white club vest but would love to get a red fetch buff (i have a black one but red more noticeable eh?!)
- Roobarb says: I'll probably be the knackered one........
- Daddy Kong says: 1st time at London - 3rd marathon. Aiming at sub-3:40 maybe 3:30 if things go well from here on in. Will settle for a MAHOOOOSIVE cheer as I go by!! :0)
- Jinksy says: First ever marathon and very very enthusiastic and E X C I T E D!!! Lucky to get a club place through Werrington Joggers after marshalling last year so will be running in club vest, yellow with a blue stripe
- Gritts! says: I'll be running this again this year. I love fetchpoint
Group admin: fetcheveryone
|VLM Fetchpoint 2014 - you thought Christmas came early!|