Zwifters

69 watchers
Apr 2021
9:54am, 15 Apr 2021
857 posts
  •  
Big_G
lammo, apparently the Trek Super Caliber is the best (according to Zwift Insider) but there’s not much in it, and even the standard Zwift mountain bike isn’t too bad.
Apr 2021
9:58am, 15 Apr 2021
73,869 posts
  •  
Gobi
I did rum to bike Brick last night. Has been a while.

My watt bike is serviced so just waiting to hear when it comes home.

Bike changing. I do it on social rides if I want to keep the effort easy but hold a better pace. Racing I stay with the bunch.
Apr 2021
10:04am, 15 Apr 2021
10,512 posts
  •  
lammo
Thanks Big G I have that lined up for Saturday morning
Apr 2021
11:07am, 15 Apr 2021
14,064 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
I did ToW on Serpentine 8 and just used the Zwift MTB from the start. That said, I was doing it as a recovery ride so not too bothered about how I compared to other people, just didn't want it to take too long so used the faster bike option.
Apr 2021
10:37am, 16 Apr 2021
22,340 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
I bought a Lauf, for a laugh :) It comes with Zwift Gravel wheels apparently.

Will see how it goes on the grit this afternoon.
Apr 2021
4:27pm, 21 Apr 2021
5,098 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
I did one of these Cat & Mouse chase races today, joining the middle group that was advertised as 3.3 - 4 w/kg. The leader was making sense to me suggesting the group rolled out at 3.5 and go from there. So, I ramp up to 4 - 4.5 w/kg at the start gun (given my weight disadvantage) and I'm unceremoniously dumped out of the back and on my own.

I'm level 21 now and B cat. When do I get to stop learning!?!?!?

I formed a group of 3 stragglers in the end and we were caught by the leading A cat riders towards the end. The mad thing is that I was pretty able to keep with this group until the final ramp up. Love Zwift / Zwift drives me MAD!!
Apr 2021
5:23pm, 21 Apr 2021
73,903 posts
  •  
Gobi
watt bike is back - have done 4.5 hrs since yesterday lunchtime
jda
Apr 2021
6:26pm, 21 Apr 2021
9,917 posts
  •  
jda
Bit surprised at that WW but the risk is so one-sided that I always go out pretty hard and only ease back once we’re all up to speed. Last weekend we had very small field for my all-cat race and I was in one of the rear pens and never got to the front before it broke away. Only one rider in my pen did, clearly a stronger sprinter than me, and he got dropped a lap later anyway.

I did the ZRL race yesterday which was basically full chat A+ riding. The start was surprisingly tolerable but at 5k a whole team decided to do a TTT off the front in the approach to the sprint bonus and the resulting whirlwind unceremoniously dumped me out. Upwards of 5W/kg for a couple of mins simply wasn’t enough to stay in the group even on level ground. Pleased with 50th place in the end.
Apr 2021
11:00am, 22 Apr 2021
73,906 posts
  •  
Gobi
Jda - failed to prepare and never twigged where the sprint was . Got gapped and trapsed home in 30th. Feel your pain
Apr 2021
11:42am, 22 Apr 2021
9,317 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I dropped the trainer difficulty by a little bit - not too much actually - and that made the radio tower feel much more doable, and it was over sooner. I was dreading stage 5 but it wasn’t nearly as bad as I’d expected in the end.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dowse
For Zwifters to organise rides, discuss races and celebrate our virtual cycling world like the nerds...