Zwifters

68 watchers
13 May
6:33pm, 13 May 2022
2230 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
It can be about finding the right race for you. I'm tiny with no sprint so I'm always going to struggle at the start unless it goes uphill due to a poor absolute power. If you're bigger then something flat or even including downhill in the first minutes may help.

As others have said, all start together can be good, as you'll likely be racing someone, even if they ultimately get placed in a different category. I've also seen some handicaps (higher categories start some duration behind lower categories) which with the right group can be good, as the incentive is to cooperate early on to hold the gap, rather than try to shell everyone else out from the gun.
16 May
5:30pm, 16 May 2022
4402 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Has anyone been running a wahoo kickr and Zwift on a laptop with Windows 11? I keep getting messages to upgrade on my laptop and I was wondering if there had been any problems.
16 May
8:14pm, 16 May 2022
3170 posts
  •  
Oranj
I have a Kickr and am still running Windows 10, having declined the upgrade. I heard that early on there were problems with ANT+ stick connectivity following an upgrade to Windows 11, but I should think these have been solved by now although I'm still not sure. No doubt the airwaves would be full of complaints if that were the case; I've not seen anything?

Sounds like you're already running Win 11 so it's likely to be just a security upgrade and won't affect Zwift, I'd guess.
16 May
11:52pm, 16 May 2022
4405 posts
  •  
Groundhog
No I'm only running 10. I checked.
17 May
6:48am, 17 May 2022
3171 posts
  •  
Oranj
Seems like a solution was found for the the ANT+ dongle problem: forums.zwift.com

So guess you're going to be OK (if you're using ANT+ to connect to your trainer etc.) to upgrade to Win 11. I ought to try it too, maybe when I've got a spare hour or so, I suppose!
17 May
8:51pm, 17 May 2022
3177 posts
  •  
Oranj
OK, out of curiosity, I accepted the upgrade to Windows 11. Although it says it's 'ready' it still has to upload, which with a full fibre connection (+100MB/s) took about an hour.

After that, Zwift ran perfectly. I needed to re-enter my login details at the first step but after that no problem. No ANT+ problems, or anything else:

fetcheveryone.com/t-20575922
23 May
8:37pm, 23 May 2022
3186 posts
  •  
Oranj
Just a steady Zwift this evening after a long ride yesterday, but I caught Amanda Coker at the end of my warm down. Had to screenshot it for posterity :-) She might be kilometres away across the Atlantic but through the magic of Zwift we can ride together for a few minutes!

fetcheveryone.com/t-20599830

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dowse
For Zwifters to organise rides, discuss races and celebrate our virtual cycling world like the nerds...