BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Zwifters

63 watchers
jda
31 May
9:43pm, 31 May 2021
10249 posts
jda
I rate my tickr optical armband. Very solid lock once it’s settled down. Can drift a bit randomly at the start of a run - I think it gets confused by my cadence - but this always settles down in the first 5 mins.
31 May
9:53pm, 31 May 2021
74191 posts
Gobi
My other half uses one of them - seems to work ok
9 Jul
12:53pm, 9 Jul 2021
1726 posts
Wingy
I imagine it's been asked a few times and I can't be bothered to search.

Do you have to manually upload Zwift to Fetch?
Running Zwift on iPad and it automatically links to Garmin Connect and Strava.
9 Jul
12:56pm, 9 Jul 2021
74413 posts
Gobi
yes you have to manually upload to fetch
15 Jul
9:53am, 15 Jul 2021
994 posts
Big_G
Hi all, this question has no doubt been asked before, but I think it belongs here rather than the Garmin thread.

Does anyone make use of the "Bike Indoor" activity type on a Garmin, when using Zwift? If so, how do you find it; I think the advantage would be that Garmin Connect then has all the Training Effect/VO2 Max-type info?

Does it upload two activities to strava (one from Zwift, and one from Garmin Connect), or because the one from the "Bike Indoor" activity presumably doesn't include any map data, does it not transfer that one to Strava?

It seems to be improved recently as now Zwift data turns up in Garmin Connect, but it doesn't appear to have the Training Effect stuff via Zwift, hence my question really.

I know I could just try it and see, but I'm not planning a Zwift ride for a few days so thought I'd ask here :)
15 Jul
10:02am, 15 Jul 2021
14122 posts
Yorkshire Pie
Yes, I do. I record on my Garmin at the same time as running Zwift and you're right that it uploads two versions (although if I start them at exactly the same time strava sometimes recognises them as duplicates and only shows the first one - they both show up in Garmin Connect though).

I tend to delete the Garmin version from strava as the useful extra bit is the information you can see in Connect and as you say it doesn't show any map data etc. It also shows a different distance because it is based on what it is recording from the turbo rather than how that translates to the gradients on zwift.
15 Jul
10:17am, 15 Jul 2021
74443 posts
Gobi
I only use the indoor stuff if I am on the rollers and not connected to zwift

There is a limit to how much data I truly need
15 Jul
1:49pm, 15 Jul 2021
995 posts
Big_G
Thanks YP, I'll give it a go. It looks a good way to try and make sure that there are no gaps in the Training Effect/VO2 Max data, so it seems worthwhile for me.
15 Jul
9:01pm, 15 Jul 2021
1284 posts
Recoil
"it seems to be improved recently as now Zwift data turns up in Garmin Connect, but it doesn't appear to have the Training Effect stuff via Zwift, hence my question really."

I beleive that if you set Zwift to connect to Garmin, it now affects Training status etc, as explained in here

dcrainmaker.com
15 Jul
9:55pm, 15 Jul 2021
996 posts
Big_G
Interesting, thanks Recoil. It doesn’t appear to work for me though; when I check the Zwift activity on GC there is no Training Effect or Performance Condition associated with the activity, but there is for outdoor activities. Does it work for you?

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dowse
For Zwifters to organise rides, discuss races and celebrate our virtual cycling world like the nerds...