Your lack of manners

1 watcher
Jun 2011
9:52am, 30 Jun 2011
21,369 posts
  •  
Hoaxster
NB if it's all over the mainstream media on the same day, it isn't viral. However:

"Here are a few examples of your lack of manners:

* When you are a guest in another's house, you do not declare what you will and will not eat, unless you are positively allergic to something

* You do not remark that you do not have enough food

* You do not start before everyone else

* You do not take additional helpings without being invited to by your host

* When a guest in another's house, you do not lie in bed until late morning in households that rise early; you fall in line with house norms

* You should never ever insult the family you are about to join at any time and most definitely not in public. I gather you passed this off as a joke but the reaction in the pub was one of shock, not laughter

* You regularly draw attention to yourself. Perhaps you should ask yourself why

* No one gets married in a castle unless they own it. It is brash, celebrity-style behaviour

* I understand your parents are unable to contribute very much towards the cost of your wedding. (There is nothing wrong with that except that convention is such that one might presume they would have saved over the years for their daughters' marriages.) If this is the case, it would be most ladylike and gracious to lower your sights and have a modest wedding as befits both your incomes.

* One could be accused of thinking that [REDACTED] must be patting herself on the back for having caught a most eligible young man. I pity [REDACTED]"

I should like to add * One should take this sort of thing with an enormous pinch of salt.
Jun 2011
9:59am, 30 Jun 2011
6,873 posts
  •  
sheri3004
Doesn't pointing out someone else's lack of manners rather represent a lack of manners in itself?

Perhaps it would be more gracious to rise above it and lead by example.
Jun 2011
10:06am, 30 Jun 2011
21,370 posts
  •  
Hoaxster
No no no. Stick to your guns, pretend it's 1978 and we all live in a situation comedy.
Jun 2011
10:10am, 30 Jun 2011
7,785 posts
  •  
Pootle
Too slow......

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=46331
Jun 2011
10:12am, 30 Jun 2011
3,784 posts
  •  
JJ Flash
I like the situation comedy thing. It explains why I can hear laughing every time I open my mouth.
Jun 2011
10:13am, 30 Jun 2011
21,371 posts
  •  
Hoaxster
You regularly draw attention to yourself. Perhaps you should ask yourself why.
Jun 2011
10:14am, 30 Jun 2011
3,785 posts
  •  
JJ Flash
How can that be? They told me I couldn't draw at school.
Jun 2011
10:16am, 30 Jun 2011
6,876 posts
  •  
sheri3004
Oh, we're in a 70s sitcom?

Look, foreign people with hilarious accents!

*falls about laughing*
Jun 2011
10:23am, 30 Jun 2011
21,372 posts
  •  
Hoaxster
Drawing is for bohemian layabouts and the Welsh.
Jun 2011
10:40am, 30 Jun 2011
7,464 posts
  •  
HowFar?
Aren't the Welsh too busy carving those love spoons to be bothered with drawing?

About This Thread

Maintained by Hoaxster
NB if it's all over the mainstream media on the same day, it isn't viral. However:

"Here are ...