You've got to be thin to win?

18 watchers
Aug 2008
1:00pm, 8 Aug 2008
146 posts
  •  
biker
Well, you can eat what you want all the time. It's true.

You just have to lose 32lbs first (I now weigh 11st 3) and it doesn't matter what you eat. LOL. but to be honest I can only blow out occasionally cause I just don't want it anymore. Fish & Chips at lunchtime today was great and a big greasy fry up tomorrow (Saturday) morning will be fantastic. And I won't put on a gram cause my metabolism is so crazy now.
It makes running flat out down hills a blast too. So Al, keep it up, it's worth it in the end. :-)
Aug 2008
11:28pm, 8 Aug 2008
1,628 posts
  •  
Big Al Widepants
Cheers Biker. I'm not quite as hardcore as I was at the beginning. I've had some chocolate between meals the last couple of days but generally I don't want it and what I do find is that when I eat a snack, I really get put off my meals. Still 12st1lb but I am gunning for the 11s soon.
Aug 2008
7:14am, 9 Aug 2008
5,689 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
it's amazing what a throw away comment probably not meaning anything does
someone yesterday said I was a 11-12mm runner
it really really wound me up
OK so I am not fast - I race at 10s but I could be faster and i know it (ask v-rap)
so now the red rag has been shown to the bull if anyone has some top tips or words of wisdom for reducing snacking at work I am all ears as that's where I go wrong
thanks
Aug 2008
9:33am, 9 Aug 2008
1,128 posts
  •  
DrBob
take something different to eat at work instead of what you normally snack on. It's tough to change habits of a lifetime I know, but you'll get there.
And don't worry about people saying things about your running like that, just keep working away at it and let your running do the talking.
Aug 2008
2:16pm, 9 Aug 2008
5,694 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Dr Bob it's wound me up enough to make me want to prove a point and lose the weight too which will make me even faster so in that respect it's a good thing!
Aug 2008
5:51pm, 9 Aug 2008
1,129 posts
  •  
DrBob
yeah I guess so if that's what makes you tick. It certainly works for me! :-) Someone told me recently that the only way I was going to improve my age-graded performances was to try to cling to what little speed I had while getting older, which was sufficient in itself to make me run faster. :-)
Aug 2008
7:08pm, 9 Aug 2008
507 posts
  •  
icemaiden
Pix - if you can, change your routine at work so you don't reach for snack food at the same time every day. So if you're clock watching for your 11.00am snack, go to the loo instead, take a walk round the department, have drink and then get back to work. And do what the good DrBob suggests and make it all fruit, fruit, fruit, you can't fill up on it, and there's only so much you can eat in a day until you go off the idea of eating anything.

Good luck with the running xx
Aug 2008
9:14am, 10 Aug 2008
5,699 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
thanks guys
I have a big point to prove now so need to do this
Aug 2008
12:28pm, 10 Aug 2008
1,130 posts
  •  
DrBob
good on yer pix!

I got on the scales at the gym and they said I'd lost 4kg. Sadly, they were completely wrong, but it caused a moment of excitement.
Aug 2008
12:37pm, 10 Aug 2008
3,940 posts
  •  
hellen
satsumas are good pix, they dont have many calories and take quite a while to eat with all the peeling and washng hands so they keep you occupied for some time taking your mind off the nicer choc or biccies

About This Thread

Maintained by Big Al Widepants
Big Al Widepants is trying to lose weight because an article in Runner's World told him he could expect to knock 4 minutes off his half marathon time if he got closer to his ideal weight.